MVP Support
9401 posts

Re: anyone interested in doing a 999999 combo ?

Sep 7, 2010

GodModeGOD wrote:

(Arena) I'm not concerned about having to re-earn it in the demo if I shut off the game.  I am interested in seeing how it differs from the Arena as seen in GoWII and GoWIII.

I don't recall the Arena from GoWII since it's been a while, but the Arena in GoS is very similar to the Arena in GoWIII.

For Kratos, you have options for Health and Magic (Normal and Infinte), though the magic is disabled in the actual arena.

For the Arena, you have the options of the Background (only Troy is available), Difficulty (like the demo, Easy and Normal), and Timer (Infinite is the only choice).

There are two slots for Enemies, and the choices of Enemy are all enemies encountered in the Demo, sans Scylla.  Enemy options are Enemy Type, Count, Health (Normal or Infinite), Attack, Navigation and Respawn (On or Off).

Message 11 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5729 posts

Sep 7, 2010

Message 12 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9401 posts

Sep 7, 2010

In the demo's version of the Arena, the only options available for Health (both Kratos and Enemies) is Normal and Infinite.

The only options available for the backdrop are Troy and Random (which only gives you Troy, not surprisingly).

There was no 'Rage' varient available in the demo, so that's going to be something of interest to wait and see.

The only Timer option available in the demo  is Infinite, so you have to quit the Arena to end it (even after killing all enemies) or, of course, die.

In the demo, there are only two enemy slots available, but you can choose the same enemy type for both slots.

Available Enemies/Creatures (per slot):

Atlantis Female (1-3) - typical Health Orb fodder

Atlantis Male (1-3) - typical Health Orb fodder

Atlantis Soldier (1-3) - typical GoW foot soldier.

Scylla Brood (1-3) - if it gets close, it jumps on you and tries to suck the life out through your nose.  Spider like appearance.

Minotaur (1-2) - has a couple of different varients on the fatality - one gives mostly Health Orbs, the other gives extra Experience Orbs.  Random.

Geryon (1) - has an annoying teleport-and-boulder slam move.

Triton Soldier (1-3) - if he gets close, he grabs you from behind.  Your escape is fatal to him, though.

Triton Assassin (1-3) - throws double bladed projectiles from a distance, uses the projectile as a sword when you get close.  Unlike Archers in previous games, they will move around.

With Attack turned off but Navigation on, they just wander aimlessly and take a beating.  The Minotaur and Geryon WILL retaliate upon a failed Circle Finisher, however.

With Navigation off, they will just stand in place.

Respawn is pretty self explanatory.

Message 13 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5729 posts

Sep 7, 2010

BBS: (HP/MP) Normal implying 100 units *base* or 200 *MAX*?

(Backdrops) What a silly slap to the face.  We'll have to wait for them to show what else they are holding back for release.

(Rage) They may have shown an early 'inclusion' of this, but it could be cut or totally changed before release.

(Timer) Just "Infinite" for the demo?  It's like having...no change at all.  Meh.  So long as options exist in the full version.

NOTE: Not being able to use costumes or adjust our percentiles mainly is a bit annoying I feel.

(Slots) So they went back to the GoWIII school of thought on allowing reuse of slots for the same foe.  Even with one slot less, this is okay.

(Enemies) Let's see...

Atlantis Female - They sure like including citizens.  Not only for HP, but as distractions for us and foes.

Atlantis Male - Another citizen variant they always use.

Atlantis Soldier - Those soliders that were with Kratos.  So is he helping these people against Posiedon or something?  He was trying to keep them in check in the book as I recall.

Scylla Brood - "Brood" rather than "Spawn".  Meh.  I was close.  Grab kill, OH, air grab, CG *which is a 360 toss rather than grab select* and all that jazz.  I forget their drops.  HP would be preferable to mere EXP.

Minotaur - Just going with the generic handle I see.  The grab kill can be different (random) or is the drop random?  You're not confusing the kill for the reversal of their charge mini-game are you?  I doubt this variant can be OH'd or air grabbed being that they don't seem small enough *CoO version modified* for bounces or launches.

Geryon - Just one?  They think aweful high of this foe don't they?  So 1x and 1x (for two) is the best we can get for a fight with them.  It might be interesting with them teleporting around.  We'll see.

Triton Soldier - At least I called this one's name.  They have a grab and the reverse kill them?  Lovely.  Does it happen to be a type that can cause collisions?

NOTE: I believe we use the nub to change targets during throws.  Is that so?  GoW1 was iffy on letting you change who you aim at.  GoWII was better with this though you couldn't usually manual aim well.  GoWIII just wasn't good with targeting.

Triton Assassin - They are indeed the projectile types.  Mobile Archer variant essentially.  Someting I'd suggested for GoWIII Archers at least with a Centaur to command them.

NOTE: The parry is a general ability it seems.  Return also seems to work for multiple projectiles within the 'return window'.  We likely have i-frames during that, but I'll have to test for this while we are being attacked.  This just makes it MORE unlikely we'll have a means to return petrification.

(QTE fail) It's to be expected that you get damaged for these.

(Attack off and Navigate on) Like it would be in the other Arenas.  It might be funny to have Attack on and Navigate off for non-Archer types.  Novelty value if nothing else.

~Always good to have a head start on names

Message 14 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9401 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Normal HP = Base for the demo.

Triton Soldiers - if there is a 'throw', it is not present in the demo.  When Kratos grabs a fresh Triton Soldier, he swings him around on a blade and slams him down, which causes collision/splash damage to nearby enemys.  When Kratos grabs a weakened Triton Soldier, he simply grabs the triton's weapon and kills the soldier with it.  Of course, now that I'm trying to get grabbed to check the reversal collisions, they're not even trying to.

Minotaur - that must have been the charge reversal I saw a couple of times.  As for the QTE (mash circle), it's basically the same animation (though a slightly different camera angle) as GoWI.  Like GoWIII, though, the Minotaur drops a mixture of XP and HP.

Drops (in order enemies are encountered in the story demo):

Triton Soldiers - XP; Eye kill - XP/HP

Scylla Brood - Grab kill: XP; Blade/Spear kill: XP/HP; Reversal Grab Kill: XP/HP

Minotaur - XP; QTE: XP/HP

Triton Assassins - XP (and Yes, their projectiles can be parried (inc multiples), though it seems to do minimal damage to the enemy)

Atlantis Soldiers (fighting the Geryon when you get there) are basically there for a limited HP opportunity.

Geryon (he's about the size relative to Kratos as the Cyclops are in GoWIII) - XP (takes 24 'Plumes' to kill him); QTE: No drop (!)  (takes 20 'Plumes' to bring up the Circle Prompt)

Message 15 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9401 posts

Sep 8, 2010

Just for a little more detail...  the Triton Soldiers by far are the most entertaining/interesting foes in the demo to battle in the arena, since they are the ones that take a little more of a beating before they die that you can also get to leave the ground/bounce.  Just spent 15 minutes in the Arena against six (2 slots of X3) of them.  Normal difficulty.  Attack, Navigate and Respawn all ON.

Difficulty affects Enemy HP as well as aggressiveness.  Really can't wait to try these guys on Hard and Very Hard, but Normal is a pretty good start....

The default circle (grab) attack is what swings them around and slams them down when they are healthy (there is no square or triangle modifier on the grab, at least in the demo).  3 of these attacks kills a Triton Soldier (on Normal).  This attack is also a decent way of momentarily giving you a little room to work as the Soldier knocks down anything within range in a 360 degree path and he is slammed down at the point where he was picked up (so, unfortunately there's  no way to 'aim' the shot other than by paying attention to where you are when you begin the attack).  The reversal of the Soldier's grab attack does do collision damage, if you manage to get caught in an advantageous direction for doing so.  As with the circle-grab, there is no way to aim it mid-move.

You can also rinse-and-repeat the grab move on the Soldier's bounce, as expected.

They can (and often do) block your blade and spear attacks, but not your grab attack.

One-on-one observations:

The 'alternate' kill is particularly brutal.  When you circle-grab a weakened Triton Soldier, you not only rip the trident from his grasp, but you take the right arm, as well, which is still clinging on to the staff of the trident as you stab the beastie with it.

Message 16 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5729 posts

Sep 8, 2010

BBS: (Normal HP) 100 units then.

(Triton Soldier) I know their grab damage is a mirror of an old OH type, I don't recall their actual OH, their air grab is STRP, their grab kill involved Trident impalement, their 'CG' is a grab select type and you mentioned a throw that could be reversed.  It being rare isn't so different from the case with the GoWIII demo's Legionnaires.  As for collisions, that's always a pleasure.  Except when GoWIII made each case with unique damage values and they are static.

(Minotaur) Possibly.

(Order) So I've seen.

(Geryon) If indeed these are lvl1 Blades in power modifier and they conform to the past power of plume/t0 (6 damage), Geryon would have approximately 140(+)HP.  You're sure you didn't hit him with any attacks other than t0 while doing this?

(Difficulty) Aggressiveness and Recovery are to be expected post-GoWII.  As for HP, it doesn't change so much as our Power % does.  Some attacks aren't altered by this.  Grabs for instance don't tend to get stronger or weaker.  Spells too *more often they are static*.  Attacks that have any sort of resistance to the normal power altering factors are rather rare.  GoWII's DR and PS are the most prolific cases I should say.

(Soldier Grab Damage) As noted, this isn't a grab select case though a general foe.  Their CG is grab select apparently.  I don't know that doing it in the air causes extra damage in impacting the ground though.  I wonder if they made their OH the same as grab damage to keep up the cycle.  Probably.  My mind is a bit hazy right now.  Not being able to aim grab or OH variants is something I'm not unfamiliar with as in GoWII, we had to learn to accomodate this.

As for the grab reversal, how nice.  So it instant kills with the reverse and deals some manner of collision damage?

They have light defense.  Noted.

Message 17 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Nov 6, 2010

anyone interested now?personally i believe that there could be something.gow:gos has many secrets and unlockables.i can see them putting something there as well

Message 18 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5729 posts

Nov 7, 2010

I'll probably do that soon.  I just need infinite HP having group of six somethings then either having Horn of Boreas weighed down to continue without me or (if it isn't too long a wait) spam Scourge of Erinys.

I'll at least see if there is anything at 100K.  I don't want to go beyond that if I see no descriptor though.  I'd sooner let HoB do the rest if I'm to try going further anyway.

EDIT

It'll take too long with direct hits so I went with 6 Atlantis Females with infinite HP/MP, they cannot die *respawn should they glitch die* and I have the d-pad weighed down on up.  I'm leaving it be now.  I might time it later to see how long each 100K takes.  I've got other matters to address though.

Message 19 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5729 posts

Nov 8, 2010

Can't figure out the EDIT.

Nothing came up at 200K.  Missed 100K.  I'll just change the foe layout (wasn't working out) and leave it go for the night.  Probably will be done before I return from college tomorrow.  I expect nothing.

Message 20 of 23 (20 Views)
0 Likes