Nov 06 2010
By: sheengrtr Splicer 77 posts

kratos returns?(spoilers)

12 replies 28 views Edited Nov 6, 2010

this quote really has me thinking,Zeus to kratos at the end of ghost of  sparta:"u have become death itself,the destroyer of WORLDS"
how many  other worlds do you think there are besides Greek mythology in the god  of war universe?is this a hint for the return of kratos?could he be  going to Norse or even Egyptian mythology next or will we see a new  hero?if it's gonna be a brand new trilogy then Sony Santa Monica and  especially stig have a ton of work to do

what do u guys think?

Message 1 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Re: kratos returns?(spoilers)

Nov 6, 2010

it was a reference to a secret from gow2

its a line from  bhagavad gita

Message 2 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Nov 6, 2010

i thought that at first but zeus can't say this just as a reference to a secret,i mean it's gotta mean something?there can  be a seperate mythology which kratos might travel to somehow just as jaffe planned

Message 3 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Nov 6, 2010

sheengrtr wrote:

i thought that at first but zeus can't say this just as a reference to a secret,i mean it's gotta mean something?there can  be a seperate mythology which kratos might travel to somehow just as jaffe planned

the way i see it ghost of sparta is a game that is made to be mostly appreciated by fans.its story is inspired by the birth of the beast and a secret revealed videos and it explains things such as the scar and the tatoo.refering to a secret that mostly fans know doesnt sounds that difficult to believe.plus i dont see why would they open more storyline holes with a game that is suposed to close them.

Message 4 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Nov 6, 2010

how is it a plothole when i'm talking about a hint for a new completely new mythology and (possibly) a new hero?

Message 5 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

Nov 6, 2010

I liked Jaffe's idea to a certain extent, I like how he wanted to turn Kratos into the grim reaper at the end and the traveling to different mythologies. I didn't entirely like everything, but he had an interesting idea for the end of the main trilogy. They could always do that idea still by bringing Kratos back, or I think it would be good to reboot the series, but this time instead of greek myth, have it be Norse mythology with a new character that is the equivalent of Kratos. It would have a new story and new tragedy. Also I don't know if GOW would ever get this far, but if they finished the new GOW story on the new mythology, have both stories somehow come together in maybe a third mythology? I know this would take YEARS, but I dunno seems like something that would be very cool imo.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 6 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Nov 7, 2010

sorry for being so noobish but, when did they explain the tatoo in GOS? did i miss a flashback or something???

Message 7 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1336 posts

Nov 8, 2010

you unlock a video in the temple of zeus

Message 8 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 8, 2010

I HATE David Jaffe's idea of how the series should have ended. It sounds rediculous to go into all those methologies. I'm glad he quit the project. Stig and Cory's idea of how the story should go has a better foundation. If they were to continue the story I hope it stays with Athena being the actual villian.

Message 9 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 9, 2010

Really? I thought it was a nice thought. Especially the part about the origin  of the Sphinx.

Message 10 of 13 (28 Views)
0 Likes