Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2010
By: Mango22 First Son 3 posts

Game Freezes before the Labyrinth

6 replies 433 views Edited Nov 25, 2010

Is anyone else getting this issue? When I get to the part in GoW3 were you first enter the labyrinth(after you beat the giant scorpion) the game shows the loading omega logo at the bottom right of the screen and the game freezes. There are other symtoms of this issue, like looping audio, unloading textures, and when I enter one of the save points before the labyrinth the game freezes. Also whenever I try to load a save file that picks up inside the labyrinth(like when you rescue pandora) the game fails to load the file. I think this might have something to do with the recent update v1.03 because the game was working perfectly fine before that. Any help would be great.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Game Freezes before the Labyrinth

Nov 29, 2010

I'm having most of the same problems. I haven't downloaded any patches yet though; it's my first time playing this game. The save point in the cavern after the big cyclops fight freezes the game. The audio throughout the cavern is messed up. The platform you are on after the grappling/swinging section (after the Scorpion boss battle) is like a dead end or something. I looked it up on a walkthrough and apparently there are supposed to be enemies on it, but there aren't. Restarting from the last checkpoint causes the game to freeze at the "Are you sure..." menu. The last non autosave file I have is before the Cronos boss battle, the game freezes during the boss battle. I thought the patch would fix this, but after reading your post I'm not to sure anymore. I have a "fat" PS3, if that matters.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2010

I got it to work. I downloaded the patch and also deleted the Autosave from XMB. I had to start from an earlier save but haven't experienced any freezes and audio was fine durnig the Cavern.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Nov 30, 2010

It's working properly to me, the patch should do the job. I mean there is nothing I have experience in the section the game is freezing on you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 1, 2010

TC says he has the patch, I didn't have the patch was was experiencing the same problems. So it probably has nothing to do with that, but with the Autosave which I've seen mentioned in some other board.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 7, 2010

I know!! and everyone a new God of War 4 is coming out I saw this on the web he even has a video http://www.bukisa.com/articles/395685_god-of-war-coming-out-2012

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 14, 2012

It isn't just the labyrinth. It freezes all over the place.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes