no freezing issues here.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Message 11 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Mar 19, 2010

I just bought the game last night and put it into my 80GB PS3 (the one with back-compat).  I was playing just fine until just after getting the bow.  I burned the brambles around the corner, killed a couple guys moping around, hopped up the ledge and the game started to load when I was walking around the corner.

The music was fine; but the spinning logo just kept spinning and spinning.  I could still bring up my Xmedia bar, so I thought maybe this was how they get away with not having an install at the very beginning.  Eventually I decided to leave the system on and watch a TV show; but even an hour later, the light was flashing like crazy and the logo continued spinning.

All of my other games work perfectly.  I mostly play Dragon Age, COD4:MW, and Uncharted 2; none of which have shown any problems at all.  The disc is brand new and shiny; so it shouldn't be a problem with the disc.  I haven't done anything special with my system; no new hard drive, no usb anything, etc.

-belcaw

- belcaw
Message 12 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Mar 19, 2010

Same problem here. I am just before the Labyrinth about 7 hours in, and Kratos just stops. I can still pause the game but thats it. The sound also loops the same 2 seconds over and over again. When I first started playing the game, Gaia would not blow out the fire, a quick restart fixed that. Also twice during cutscenes the video paused but the sound continued until the gameplay started again. I have a 60gb PS3 that has since been upgraded to a 320gb 7200rpm HDD.

-PS3 60gb 8/10/07 (320gb 7200rpm HDD)
Message 13 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Hey guys. Im an hour and a half into the game. I used my component cables instead of my phillips hdmi cable. Im also playing on another tv. So far the game has been running very smoothly. No crashes yet (keeps fingered crossed). I hope the game is still playable after i load a game.

Message 14 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2010

I'm not one to complain most of the time, I know games have minor issues upon launch, always have, always will. But like many here  I'm having the freezing issue ,  9 hours in and can no longer continue. The entire game locks up and the system requires a reboot. So the first thing I did was the obvious and restart the checkpoint and ended with the same result. Next up, I tried a much older checkpoint, as I always keep more then one save file for corruption ext, and again locked up. I'm having my issue at the big wheel  after you finish Heras maze, about 2 min into the Caverns.

With the number of people bringing up issues,  I would assume there may in fact be an issue with the game, which I do hope is not ignored and passed off as nonsense.

I guess we wait for a patch? First game I have purchased in far too many years of gaming that I'm not able to finish due to a bug. The game is great by the way, before I get flamed by people not having issues. Quality title, just appears there is a few minor kinks that could use a fixing!

Brad.

Message 15 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2010

An Italiano posted a video on Youtube for the screen freezing issue that he had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wv4Ero3Kk

I had the same issue like he did and I got it resolved.

Resolution: Try an earlier saved file, re-walkthough the whole thing again (yeah...may be pain in the butt)...

Details: First off, I just tried to restart from the latest check point. Issue was still there. Then I tried a file that was saved before I tuned the instrument and play that mini DDR game. This time, the screen didn't freeze.

Root Cause: Like the video poster said, I also suspect this is a corrupted data issue.

Hope this is helpful for those of you having the same problem.

Message 16 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Hi guys,

I don't have a freezing issue as of now (beat the game once on normal), but I did see a problem while I was fighting one of the Titans. Somewhere in the middle of the game where you pull the fingernail off the Titan, It was an intense battle with all the little foot soldiers running around, the game play background flickered burgundy and gray. It did this three or four times for a few seconds each time and all that was on my screen was the Titan and Kratos whacking away.

I was wondering if any one else had these flickering problems not just in this instance of the game but maybe elsewhere. Im trying to isolate maybe its the game and not my HDTV cuz I just got a 46'' LED and that would suck if my TV was the problem.

Sorie for posting this thread here under Freezing Issues, I didn't know where else to go.

Thanks guys!

Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away
Message 17 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 20, 2010

I have had the same issues as well in regards to the game freezing. It first happened to me at a save point next to the statue of Hades where the puzzle is. Then after I beat Hades the cut scene froze and the audio kept going. Afterwards I got stuck at the river styx where the game froze again, I had to restart the PS3 and reload. Finally I decided to borrow my brothers PS3 and play on his console. I got far into the game with no problems until I reached the area with a cut scene with Hermes(?) and Hercules, the audio kept on looping over and over. When the actual battle started the game killed me and it took me back to the retry screen where it froze completly and I had to shut down the PS3.

Message 18 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Frozen 3x in a row for me in the exact same spot, first time you shimmy across a chain. Very annoying!

Hope this gets patched soon, otherwise I deleted all save data (nothing listed in game data) and am starting over now.  I don't need a $60 paperweight

80gb fat PS3, I can't even get the media bar with my freezes, other games play fine.

Freeze #4 at the battle just before the spot with the other freezes.

Freeze #5 directly after the chain reading a note on the ground.

Backed up my saves to USB and did a quick format system restore.

Freeze #6 at the same chain.

Freeze #7 after the chain in the second battle.

ugh

Message 19 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 20, 2010

Video now up, I can try variations of the freeze if needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmomtIj-UKQ

Message 20 of 431 (1,661 Views)
0 Likes