Mar 22, 2010

have had same problem with frezzing righ after brealing chain in the lanybrith

Message 31 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Mar 22, 2010

I have one of the old 60 GB PS3's and have played through the game without encountering any freezing.  It sounds like there could be some type of software conflict that is causing these issues.  I hope these get sorted out soon so you all can enjoy your experience.

Message 32 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2010

I had my first freezing issue last night, after rotating the platform (apparently this is just before the blade of Olympus) getting the chests and fighting the dogs, then rotating it the rest of the way...froze when running down the tunnel...just the rotating Omega symbol

Message 33 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 22, 2010

I had one freeze in my first playthrough when climbing up the chain of balance a second time. First I got audio stuttering (music) then I got the spinning Omega loading icon on the bottom right corner which was spinning infinitely.

It seems to me like Sony really did something wrong with the architecture of the PS3. It's now the second first party game in recent memory that doesn't work right on some  PS3 models. First Heavy Rain, now God of War III. I hope this isn't a trend for the future.

Message 34 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2010

I am having a very similar experience as everyone else, but some other bugs noted:

1.  Audio problems are definitely appearing

2. First freeze happened 3 times within 2 hours of the beginning where you turn that room around with the statues in it, and then burn the vines out.

3.  Now freezing after fight with Hades, pissed me off too, cause there are no other save points within 20 minutes of this...

4.  Whenever I try to upgrade to level 3 chains, I upgrade it, then when I go back to playing, my chains HAVE DISAPPEARED and there is no way to get them back...this happened right after slamming that chicks tomb into hades armor the first time....

Can't believe Sony hasnt responded yet....

Message 35 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2010

I too am encountering freezing issues with this game.  I'm no more than an hour into the game and it's stuck at a loading point (the symbol pops up  in the bottom right corner).  I've tried going back to a previous save, but it occurs on every single time through.  I'm glad I only rented this game because I seriously can't even continue past an hour into the game.  I use the term "game breaker" and "game killer" very rarely when it comes to video games.  Generally I find workarounds and accept problems as being a given when it comes to games.  These freezing issues are unacceptable.  Obviously I'm not the only one, and this four page thread is only a minuscule portion of the number of people being affected by this problem.

PLEASE PATCH!

Message 36 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 22, 2010

I have a possible workaround for the freezing issues.

God of War appears to be using a cache-to-HD process for the levels, and it appears to stream this in over time as the level is played. What I've discovered is that the game will freeze if the content has not finished streaming to HD prior to an autosave or other major event.

Here is what I've done and I played seven hours last night with no freezes.

On startup of God of War, and sitting on main screen, don't load or make other changes until the HD light stops (very light i/o if any). It's either doing cleanup or pre-caching content.

After a load of a game save:

As soon as you get character control, press start to bring up the weapons list:

Watch the PS3 HD light. It will likely be going wild. I suspect this is content caching from disc to HD, and it's this work coupled with the on-screen action and/or auto-save that appear to cause issues. It's a big problem such as when the game attempts an auto-save at the same time this is still occurring.

Just wait until the HD light stops, or is blinking slow or intermittently.  This can take minutes.

Under normal play, the HD light will blink intermittently, but it's a notable difference  from when the system is caching content.

Play game.

There are many places during the game where it's apparent content-caching is happening. Just pay attention to the HD light. If you see significant HD disk access, stop moving, press the start button, and wait for it to stop.

Message 37 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 22, 2010

i'm havint the same problems as everyone else. heres my situation. i have 2 playstations one is a fat 80gb and one is a slim 120gb. the game freezes on the 120gb at the beginning  after the first water horse fight no mater what i do it keeps freezing. at first i thought it was the game so i went to the 80gb and havent had any freezing i'm 5 hrs into the game... does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? if anyone has any ideas on how to fix please share... one thing i am not that smart when it comes to comp/elec. solutions so i need details please.. like i seen a couple of people reply saying go to recovery menu. i did even know there was one and still dont know how to access it..

Message 38 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 22, 2010

Message 39 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2010

Ok im have a little different problem, i have yet to have a freeze (have 1st gen 20gb) but what i am having is when i get to the part when you jump into Kronos' mouth the game blacks out. the funn thing is, is that i still have player movement and perfect sound. i am told that is a intense spot and the game plays fast there. my character dies, and it goes to restart from lastcheckpoint( screen still blacked out) i can restart or go back to main menu, and the screen comes back. psn has no clue and i havent seen anyone else say they have had this issue. even replaces disc, and changed from hdmi to av. no luck. any ideas? oh yea rest of game plays perfect.

Meanstreak

Message 40 of 434 (1,765 Views)
0 Likes