First Son
17 posts

Re: God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Mar 23, 2010

i swap my 320gb hdd to the original one and the game runs now with no problem but i think they realy need to see this problem cuz my 320gb hdd hasnt fail till this game

Message 41 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2010

I notice that the game is really glitchy when I try to move/walk or open chests.

Well my roomate and her bf are both like "It must be your controller" because I was using a connector for a PS two controller, not a PS3 one.

So we try all three of my controllers and it's still fucked up. So I give up and decide it must be the game.

A day later I go back to gamestop and get a new GoW3, and come home. THE SAME SHIT IS HAPPENING.

Now, today, I went out and got a brand new PS3 controller, and played it with the new game, and guess what? It works worse then the PS2 controller.

My PS3 works perfect with everyother game I own. So I'm not sure what to do..

Message 42 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 23, 2010

My game locks up at the worst time after you fight Hercules and if I the save before is just before I fight him since everytime I go to the save point in Posedons chamber it freezes when I press R1,  MOST INCONVENIENT BUG EVER! I don't want to fight him again since I'm playing on hard it took me long enough the first time, PLEASE  SONY FIX THE GAME ITS ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST RELEASES THIS YEAR !!!! Does anyone agree this game could have done with an optional HDD install, i'd gladly pay the price of taking up space in my HDD for it to stop ******* around!

Message 43 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Mar 23, 2010

So I like many others was anxiously waiting to play GOWIII and now that it is out, I still can't play it because the game freaking freezes when I get to level 2 boss (Hades). I stay in the room and the boss never shows up!!!!! WTF?????? I had other audio/video sync/slow down issues but somehow I managed to overcome those but now I am just stuck!!!  Also when I try to do a save at the checkpoints in the second level, game freezes!! This is my second copy of GOWIII which I got replaced by Aamazon as I thought the disc was faulty. But today with the new disc its still the same problem. Is any one else haveing this issue??? I have a 80G semi-BC model. All my other games are playing fine so it must be something to do with this game. PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP so I can play one of the best games ever!!

Has any one @ sony or SSM said any thing about fixing it????

Message 44 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2010

Freezing issues here as well:

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

My game freezes without fail every single time it plays the cutscene where Kratos opens Pandora's box and always at the same place. The audio still plays, the SELECT menu can still be accessed but the game just freezes there. I've tried this 8 times in the space of two days as well as trying to play from older saves...

Apparently I'm 20 minutes away from finishing the game on titan and I just can't get past this one cutscene.

Can we please get a patch or something? I just need to see the end of this game!

P.S. I'm on a 60gig old PS3 with backward compatibility and the latest firmware.

Message 45 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2010

ok, i have a 40gb fat model.

so pretty much i'm having the same problems as everyone else: audio/sound glitches, freeze at save lights, weapons disappear after upgrading them (don;t know if that one has come up yet), etc etc.

every time it froze, i restarted the system (i had to switch it off from the back as it wouldn't turn off if i did it the normal way. the green light just kept blinking for minutes at a time), loaded my checkpoint (thankyou for including autosave in this one Sony SM) and it would work fine for about 20 mins, then it would glitch. as you might tell tell, this was really pissing me off and slowly but surely killing my system, as switching it off from the back is bad for it...

i went back and swapped the disc over, got home, and it was still doing the same thing.

i rang up the playstation support line, and they told me to try resetting my default settings and see if that worked. wait for it... i can't access the game anymore!!!

after doing this, i went into the game and loaded my save (i'm up to the top of the labyrinth, about to get the hidden trophy, so i aint starting a new game!), and it glitched after 5 mins instead of the usual 20. i reset it (again), and when i loaded my save, it glitched immeadiately, so i can now no longer access my save file... thankyou playstation support for RUINING MY F***ING GAME!!!!!!!!!! now i can't finish it and find out what happens!!!

i was thinking about replacing it with a 120gb , but after reading through the thread, i'm not sure if thats gonna fix my problem either...

there has to be a fix for this. maybe sony santa monica should've had an install with the game, like pretty much every other game on the ps3, instead of bragging that they can run a game of this calibur straight off the disc. HAVING AN INSTALL WOULD'VE MOST DEFINETLY FIXED THIS PROBLEM!!!

Message 46 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2010

so u think that was the problem? i also have a 320gb hdd in my slim now maybe if i put the 120 back in i'll be ok.. its really not that big of a deal because i can still play on my 80gb fat but the 80gb aint online so i cant get my DLC plus the 80gb is hooked up to a 26" lcd and the 120gb slim is hooked up to a 46" lcd

Message 47 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2010

This is ridiculous. I have a 20gb model ps3. I'm on my 3rd copy of GOW III and I can't get pass the new game screen when Kratos says "My vengence ends now." Never have I had a issue with any game until this one. This really kills me inside.

Message 48 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 23, 2010

Spoilers. I freeze at the Flames Of Olympus, I can walk around the room, but when I get close to the flame where you have to press 'R1' to move on, it freezes. I can't move on.

Message 49 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2010

Hey everyone. Just got off the phone with Sony/Playstation and they said that they are in the production of a patch and we have to wait for that to come out. They said they get flooded with calls everyday and are making the patch a #1 priority. So, looks like we have to wait....

Message 50 of 434 (712 Views)
0 Likes