First Son
1 posts

Re: God of War 3 - Freezing Issues

Mar 23, 2010

Hope they patch it soon, awesome game. My game fails to proceed right after i spin the floor around the upper olympus flame...it zooms in on the chain of balance and sits there. And i stare at it for as long as...till i shut it off. The music keeps playing and i can search through my weapons and menus fine. but the game just sits looking at the chain of balance, i know there is supposed to be a small cutscene right there too. But i cannot continue till this patch. Other than that no other glitches at all.  (120gb Slim) month old.

Message 51 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Been getting lots of random freezing in the game, but after 4-5 restarts the game runs smooth without any hiccups, dont know what is causing this to be honest, all my other games run fine. 80gb ps3 model (killzone 2 bundle)

Message 52 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

Mar 24, 2010

same as mine ballysign! i get all kinds of random hangs. as you stated, if i let the ps3 run for maybe an hour, it'll eventually go away. i think it's a game instability issue. i forget which other game also did this when i got my ps3 but it got patched and worked ever since. (thinking warhawk)

Message 53 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2010

hi everyone, i also have many freezes in the game at differents spots now it freezes at the second fight with zeus as gaia comes up and the audio is repeating over and over and over again and if i want to restart it freezes and if i want too quit the game it freezes also and if i go further in the game with the audio repeating itself, then it needs to load and it never loads, i cant continue.. pls sony fix it fast

Message 54 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2010

I also have the freezing issue. Mine occours in the Heart of Gaia, when you make it up from the bottom level, fight a few baddies and then have to climb the wall over the blocked path. When I jump off from climbing the game just freezes. Music still plays, but nothing happens besides that.

Obviously kind of frustrating ^^

This is on a 60 GB old fatty with a 250 GB drive installed.

Message 55 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Mar 25, 2010

I have freezing issues, first at the fight with Poseidon...It kept skipping the whole cinematics of poseidon and when I tried to save it froze...It made that all the time but I format my PS3 and it worked...Now it keeps freezing every 15 minutes and everytime I upgrade a weapon the weapon does not appears its like if kratos was holding nothing...

And the disc works just fine! I gave it to a friend so he could tell me if it was the disc that was messed up but no it works just fine on his PS3...Now Sony wants me to pay 200$ for it when all my other games works!? Hell no they are only going to change my Blu-Ray laser or so...And plus I had the YLOD about 5 months ago and they say that I don't have any warranty....I paid full price of my 60 go when they got out and they thank me like this.... GREAT!

Kimi Raikkonen sig
Message 56 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 25, 2010

im having the same issue everytime i go to fall in chronos' mouth it goes black and the logo starts spinning and it freezes up very frustrating tried 3 different copies of the game all do the same thing.

Message 57 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 26, 2010

Hopefully Sony fixes this soon. I'm annoyed because I've even gone to gamestop and asked at two different stores and they have no idea what is going on. -_-;

Message 58 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Mar 26, 2010

Will there be a patch like in a week or so?Because it's almost impossible to play for me, it freeze every 5 minutes, and plus its not very good for my HDD!

Kimi Raikkonen sig
Message 59 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 26, 2010

just hate gow3 after all the hype! its just full of bugs! tartarus level cant past please sony if you are reading this please make a patch now!!!

Message 60 of 434 (638 Views)
0 Likes