Sep 10 2011
By: caffeine_dude Splicer 50 posts

Who would like to see a Hercules spin-off?

9 replies 205 views Edited Sep 10, 2011

I think everyone would agree Hercules had a short, yet distinguished appearance. Who wouldn't mind a spin-off game revolving around his 12 labors?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Re: Who would like to see a Hercules spin-off?

Sep 10, 2011

Maybe so.  If the questionable canon is to be believed, there was another Hydra (they could make it the proper one), he could face the real Cerberus, battle with the Nemean Lion could result in getting the armor/weapon, etc.  Some of the Labors weren't all that awesome though.  Changes could be made here and there.  Maybe ending with him facing down some Titans off-screen towards the start of GoWIII or even reaching the Arena/Forum where we end up killing him.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10462 posts

Sep 10, 2011

As much as I appreciated the battle against Hercules in God of War, I'm not so sure a spin-off to the franchise would be a great idea. Just to throw together a spin-off for it to be there is not ideal. The game would need to be tastefully compiled; it needs to be worth the effort in the end.

We've already seen more than enough God of War games already. Not only do we have the main plot but we have the unexplored segments in between on the PSP and two collector editions. Sony Santa Monica ought to explore a brand-new franchise for the coming era. I can only wonder if that's what they're up to right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Sep 10, 2011

The years from his just becoming a Spartan Captain (Apparently getting his wife a bit before that and having a daughter) to being Cursed as the Ghost of Sparta and on to CoO...then after it leading to GoW1.  These areas are left uncovered outside some flashbacks and questionable canon (comics, novel, etc.).  Side-stories don't really get coverage (Perseus, Theseus, Hercules, etc.).

They didn't yet cover nearly everything they could.  I'd be more contented if Skorpius hadn't been in the place of Stheno (among other grievances).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1288 posts

Sep 12, 2011

Marvellous idea and yet, I would not reccommend it. The GoW story has already many plot holes (such as what happen with the other gods and titans, what does Athena mean by "I am now in a higher existence", are there other beings who also have transformed into a higher existence, Athena's aftermath, is Kratos dead or not) which leaves us wandering in an unfinished story.

Hence, making a Hercules spin off would only worsen the situation. However, it could also to the opposite and try to answer these questions which is highly unthinkable.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5177 posts

Sep 12, 2011

>higher existence

As much as I dislike the idea, it is possible that Stig would imply this is Greed Athena much like Fear Zeus (coming from the near destroyed body of the king of the gods himself).  I would have rather had some to the effect of an earlier director implying Christianity (angelic spirit) or just leaving it unclear.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Sep 12, 2011

StrenghtPower wrote:

Marvellous idea and yet, I would not reccommend it. The GoW story has already many plot holes (such as what happen with the other gods and titans, what does Athena mean by "I am now in a higher existence", are there other beings who also have transformed into a higher existence, Athena's aftermath, is Kratos dead or not) which leaves us wandering in an unfinished story.

Hence, making a Hercules spin off would only worsen the situation. However, it could also to the opposite and try to answer these questions which is highly unthinkable.

Photobucket

Great reply!

Well, I always assumed the that the GoW series wasn't really full of plot holes, but more of sections omitted. Greek Mythology itself seems to be left of to interpretation and imagination anyways. The GoW series is so well made, I would hate to just see it end. Figured with Hercules, as long as they have good characters, gameplay and plot...it would be just a s good.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Sep 15, 2011

i would love to see a spin off for 12 labours of hercules no doubt about its a legend and remain a legend. I hope Sony People will do look forward to make a legendry game with the same team for God of War series highly appreciated 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 17, 2013

man i thought the same thing hercules would be the best way to go. for a spin of the tale of the 12 labours has so much story not to mention all the upgrades and wepons he can get like his classic club, the poison bow and arrow, the lion pelt, his sowrd, the giddle of hippolyta the golden apple,  the iron fists from god of war 3. they could also make use of is strenght and hand to hand commbat to make the game more interesting.

There is also so many ways they could take the 12 labours and create new game play for instance when hercules takes the world and puts it on his sholders so atlas can help him find the apple (have you play as atlas) or when he has to wrestle the cerberus or the lion. think of all the flying through the air and decapitions as he slays the hydra. the huge battles when he takes on the amozons. the epic battle with the geryonjust look at all the stuff he dose this could easliy be made in to its own series  

1. Slay the Nemean Lion.
  2. Slay the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra.
  3. Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis.
  4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
  5. Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
  6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
  7. Capture the Cretan Bull.
  8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
  9. Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons.
  10. Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon.
  11. Steal the apples of the Hesperides (He had the help of Atlas to pick them after Hercules had slain Ladon).
  12. Capture and bring back Cerberus.

If thats not intersting enough the game develepers could change it up they never realy stuck strate to the facts with the god of war series. it would be such an awsome game i wish i were playing it right now

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I would love that...if not on the PS3 maybe the Vita. The question is will it ever happen?  

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (160 Views)
0 Likes