Feb 25 2013
By: RockGamerGirl First Son 1 posts

Is it just me?

4 replies 338 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Oh my god! Just saw the trailer for God of War Ascension and then watched a preview. It was amazing. I want it. On the other hand it got me thinking. I really wish they would make one telling the story before. Starting with when he makes the oath to Ares and ending with him jumping off the suicide bluffs. That would be the best game EVER.

Of coarse with this game coming out I suppose it would have to end before the suicide bluffs but anyway...

One more thought. Is it just me or does it seem like some things don't match up? Like in the story line or in the mythology itself? I mean I know it's twisted to make the game because there was no Kratos but still. Like the three furies, are they talking about the sisters of fate? I don't know, the opening kind of confused me.

Message 1 of 5 (338 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: Is it just me?

Feb 25, 2013
The furies and sisters of fate are two different entities.

I believe the furies were sent after kratos after he went against ares.

Ascension is set 6 months after he kills his wife and child.
Chains of Olympus is after that.

God of War 1 ends at the suicide bluffs.

The storyline isnt 100% with greek mythology; for instance there wasnt an elaphantaur in mythology yet it is in ascension.
Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
20 posts

Feb 25, 2013

The furies are actually greek mythology. Most of the story's characters are from greek myth even Kratos(just a spelling difference, Cratos), BUT his story is completely created.  

BLKPRNC
Message 3 of 5 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Feb 25, 2013

as stated before my fair Maiden the Sisters of fate and Furies are separate beings,and there are a bit of plot holes but overall these are one of the finest games you could play,heres hoping to seeing you duribg online matches.

RockGamerGirl wrote:

Oh my god! Just saw the trailer for God of War Ascension and then watched a preview. It was amazing. I want it. On the other hand it got me thinking. I really wish they would make one telling the story before. Starting with when he makes the oath to Ares and ending with him jumping off the suicide bluffs. That would be the best game EVER.

Of coarse with this game coming out I suppose it would have to end before the suicide bluffs but anyway...

One more thought. Is it just me or does it seem like some things don't match up? Like in the story line or in the mythology itself? I mean I know it's twisted to make the game because there was no Kratos but still. Like the three furies, are they talking about the sisters of fate? I don't know, the opening kind of confused me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Agreed I would really look forward to playing through that moment where he swears his soul to Ares. A moment we've seen but have yet to experience
Message 5 of 5 (269 Views)
0 Likes