Apr 01 2013
By: SPriNT4Geyes_601 First Son 4 posts

Should the next GOW come out next year for the PS4?

[ Edited ]
8 replies 247 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

OR next year for the Vita?

I think it would do good as a vita single player game.

Now if they can stop giving the poor handhelds prequels. The story should be going forward after zues.....

Message 1 of 9 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Re: Should the next GOW come out next year for the PS4?

Apr 1, 2013

Whatever will be done with God of War from this point on, it could really go either way. Having a PlayStation Vita version and a PlayStation 4 outing is most likely in the cards for the series. Being a brand that a lot of gamers like we'll probably never see the end of God of War.

Message 2 of 9 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Whatever they do with God of War it better be good. Ascension was a little lack luster as the story line goes.  Felt like they just needed to push out another title to me with the addition of the MP to try it out and see how it goes. I didn't get the feeling of relating to Kratos and his future struggle like I was expecting to get.  It was more back story that didn't need to be re-told... again.  It didn't really bring anything to light that we didn't already know.

Was it fun? Yes.  Did I fee badass? Yes. Was the story good? ehhhhhhhhhh..... didn't do much for me.  For me to get excited about ANOTHER God of War, something special has to happen.

Message 3 of 9 (230 Views)
Platinum
55437 posts

Apr 2, 2013

The story was too short and shallow for me too GOW71.    I took several greek civ and greek mythology classes in college and what I liked about the other GOW games is that they reminded me a lot of what I had learned, this one was a bit more....commercial feeling. 

Message 4 of 9 (227 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Exactly one of my concerns Pilgrim.  One of the reasons I fell in love with the series to begin with was it's tie ins with Greek mythology. Sure they are referenced in this game too, but only lightly.  It seems like it was a bit of an afterthought.  Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, gorgeous, beautifully done.  Storyline suffered IMHO.

The story needs to come back with just one more installment. At the end of GOW3 was Kratos dead? Nahhh. Something else needs to happen with the story. The balance needs to be restored. Kratos needs to be killed off indefinitely, and in EPIC fashion.

Message 5 of 9 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
29 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I would love to see it on the Vita. The PSP versions were great, and the Vita could definitely use some more kickass games. 

Message 6 of 9 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Apr 4, 2013
The next game a vita exclusive? Sounds like a waste. Why not make the next game as amazing as possible with the next gen hardware instead of limiting themselves on the vita. Nay i say
Message 7 of 9 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Since I do have a PSVita, I would like to see another God of War title. Maybe ReadyAtDawn could do it? God of War Ascension is still a good game despite a weaker story line this time around. It definitely isn't like God of War 3. I explained in another thread of mine that I felt they needed to developed more of the characters in the game more deeply.

I think if they do another game in which I think they will. I think a PS4 release is inevitable. It's coming and I am sure it will be coming hard. I feel disappointed that the majority of Ascension was only focus on the MP  of the game. I believe the SP took a hit and it shows with the amount of bugs and lack of storyline. This isn't to say that Todd Papy did a horrible job but it shows that his concern was on the MP. Every time they talk about Ascension, it was MP this and MP that. I am not saying that the MP isn't fun; it is! However, God of War has always been a SP experience.  

When the reviews started to come in and a lot of people were saying the story wasn't good and it was getting 7.5 or 8 scores, I was like "this can't be?"  I still love a great deal with the game. It was a change of pace to see Kratos crack a smile but it was sprinkle lightly here and there.

I  would be surprise that they were secretly working on two games at the same time. For them to push another God of War game within the year or next year seems like they would be rushing it? But if Ubisoft can spit one Assassins Creed  game out after another, than why not?

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 8 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 6, 2013

how about both, put cross play in the next GOW game! should it come out next year? no.

Message 9 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes