Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2455 posts

Re: 2012 SCREAM GT - Dodge Viper ACR-X Cup

Mar 8, 2012

You may use whatever you want for ABS Ex. Yes, 12pm est and do remember to reset your clocks. 

I'm in the 1:45's if that gives you any clue where I'm at. But in the end it will come down to how long tires last.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 8, 2012

1:45's got it saved and shared.

but i am burning up my front tires pretty good in 6 laps

http://www.mygranturismo.net/34100
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8417 posts

Mar 8, 2012

did some practice w/ crow last night.  I don't ahve a replay but if you really need it I can try to get one made.  I got suddenly disconnected from Crow's lounge right after pulling a

wait for it

1:42.9xx

dary.

Even I was surprised when I had a 1:43.2 and got some blue numbers to come up on my screen!

Crow, I think my ISP went into a server maintenance at 1am because my whole internet was down and that usually doesn't happen with them.  It came back up around 1.5 hours later.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Not sure if this has been brought up or not but why run with the driving line? Seems to take away from the realism of the event. I know I won't see it but I think part of a racers skill is knowing the track, plus it causes people not to know how to drive different lines in traffic which I guess could be and advantage to others. Kinda like having a co-driver...

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Mar 10, 2012

We don't all run with the driving lines on. It's optional for you to use if you want to use it. But i'd say for sure that more than 75% of the drivers on this forum don't use it. Just saying

Also my time is a 1:44.226.

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2455 posts

Mar 10, 2012

bashgod wrote:

Not sure if this has been brought up or not but why run with the driving line? Seems to take away from the realism of the event. I know I won't see it but I think part of a racers skill is knowing the track, plus it causes people not to know how to drive different lines in traffic which I guess could be and advantage to others. Kinda like having a co-driver...

I have a friend who needed it to help him out. Those of us who where in the last set of race know who it is and even thought he is not in this round I left it open if he wished to run with us. Even if you try to follow the line you still need to be able to drive. These ACRs will not run well on the line. It was more for the braking spots for him. With only abs you still most set up your car right or the line will not help any.

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2455 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Also my time is a 1:44.226.

****Driving With A Vengeance****

Got it thank you.

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1618 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I still haven't bettered my 1:44:7xx, so that will have to stand as my time. Thx

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Mar 11, 2012

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

bashgod wrote:

I have a friend who needed it to help him out. Those of us who where in the last set of race know who it is and even thought he is not in this round I left it open if he wished to run with us. Even if you try to follow the line you still need to be able to drive. These ACRs will not run well on the line. It was more for the braking spots for him. With only abs you still most set up your car right or the line will not help any.

Photobucket
Pics:

I believe that would be me...

I always drove with it off before... But life happens and my head isn't 100% anymore.

(...I have to have it on or I forget where I am......)

(...insert appropriate or preffered gender or non gender specific prefix here...) Race Promoter, I have to speak to the other half first, but I would like to try and attend. I have 8 or 9 of these lying around, a few with just the race exhaust. I should be able to meet spec adding the wing and the (as I read it)  Exh Header, CAT (!?!) and Race Pipes... But NOT the ECM, Intake, A/F or Engine Stages. I'm asking more so about the Intake and A/F just to make sure. Also if there's any specific Tune/Detune rules...

Also, I should do Weight Stage 1 in addition to the Windows and Carbon Hood, then add ballast to make 1447 kgs for weight.

(...which hopefully is with the car empty, cuz with me in it it'd be closer to 1600... ...)

I practiced staying off the airwaves in GT Saturdays today, and actually am seriously looking at being off MIC, or only on if calling something during the races. It helps my concentration a ton to just drive without doing anything else. (...well, not Saturday, but that was a car thing as much of a driver thing...)

As I am typing this I just got the OK from the better half for the race tomorrow. So, if it meets with approval from (__) Race Promoter, I'll put the car together and do some runs before the "Insert Name of Guest Host Here Which Is MATTCLK ASFIK Right Now" Fest, as Oz is away for a few weeks.

Starting out back will be fine. We'll see how it goes, with the lower wt. and no draft the Wing will be different, maybe more agreeable. Sorry this was late, Ex and Ed mentioned it Saturday, and I forgot these threads were even in here... Haven't had the chance to run in awhile, so I'm getting everything I can in while my head is cooperating.

Best of luck to everyone, I'll be watching the show from the cheap seat out back...

Huh. Look at that. I think I just set some sort of personal record for emoticon usage.

Don't know why though... I hate them things...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2455 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I believe that would be me...

I always drove with it off before... But life happens and my head isn't 100% anymore.

(...I have to have it on or I forget where I am......)

(...insert appropriate or preffered gender or non gender specific prefix here...) Race Promoter, I have to speak to the other half first, but I would like to try and attend. I have 8 or 9 of these lying around, a few with just the race exhaust. I should be able to meet spec adding the wing and the (as I read it)  Exh Header, CAT (!?!) and Race Pipes... But NOT the ECM, Intake, A/F or Engine Stages. I'm asking more so about the Intake and A/F just to make sure. Also if there's any specific Tune/Detune rules...   Yes, only exh parts this time. No adding and detuning. Your tires will tell us.

Also, I should do Weight Stage 1 in addition to the Windows and Carbon Hood, then add ballast to make 1447 kgs for weight.

(...which hopefully is with the car empty, cuz with me in it it'd be closer to 1600... ...) Yes, take stage 1 and add kg back in. It helps the balance of the car.

I practiced staying off the airwaves in GT Saturdays today, and actually am seriously looking at being off MIC, or only on if calling something during the races. It helps my concentration a ton to just drive without doing anything else. (...well, not Saturday, but that was a car thing as much of a driver thing...)
There is actually a good chance that the mics will be off in favor of more bandwidth for the races.

As I am typing this I just got the OK from the better half for the race tomorrow. So, if it meets with approval from (__) Race Promoter, I'll put the car together and do some runs before the "Insert Name of Guest Host Here Which Is MATTCLK ASFIK Right Now" Fest, as Oz is away for a few weeks.
I was hopeing you would come and race. You are more then welcome.

Starting out back will be fine. We'll see how it goes, with the lower wt. and no draft the Wing will be different, maybe more agreeable. Sorry this was late, Ex and Ed mentioned it Saturday, and I forgot these threads were even in here... Haven't had the chance to run in awhile, so I'm getting everything I can in while my head is cooperating.

Best of luck to everyone, I'll be watching the show from the cheap seat out back...

Huh. Look at that. I think I just set some sort of personal record for emoticon usage.

Don't know why though... I hate them things...

DZ

Typographical Error...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry about the colors.

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 676 (301 Views)
0 Likes