Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Re: 2012 SCREAM GT - Dodge Viper ACR-X Cup

Jan 7, 2012

If I can I will come run some laps. Only thing is thats right before dinner out here. But, I will try.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 10 of 676 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 18, 2012

now that the 2011 season is finished, (thanks for being a great race host, Snake) I'm excited to start this new season!  (though it is a ways away)

my only thought is the qualifying scheme.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but how do we know a person used the right tires, the right specs, did not cross lines they should not cross, or use run-off/paved in-field areas to gain extra advantage to get that pole position?  it's not a deal-breaker for me, but a concern.

I see why the TPRA does this type of qualifying, but isn't their main concern about the fact that their races use multiple lounges?  For instance, if we only have 16 or less racers in this 2012 season, why can't we just be ready to churn out a fast time on the day of the event?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 11 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Jan 18, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

now that the 2011 season is finished, (thanks for being a great race host, Snake) I'm excited to start this new season!  (though it is a ways away)

my only thought is the qualifying scheme.  I understand the reasoning behind it, but how do we know a person used the right tires, the right specs, did not cross lines they should not cross, or use run-off/paved in-field areas to gain extra advantage to get that pole position?  it's not a deal-breaker for me, but a concern.

I see why the TPRA does this type of qualifying, but isn't their main concern about the fact that their races use multiple lounges?  For instance, if we only have 16 or less racers in this 2012 season, why can't we just be ready to churn out a fast time on the day of the event?

Square, triangle, circle,... EX!

Generated image
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/antracer/GT5%20Pics/Sig%20Pics/SCREAM_logo_2.png

Click to see my Photo Mode album on Flickr

In that set-up we go to the pits there HP is checked by setting the room too that max hp. If your car is kicked you have too much. Tires can be checked for all drivers in pit line by going to there name. I have yet to find a good way for kg as the room can not be set to the 1447 we will run. As you know from test in the 2011 rules it is very clear when the wight is off as the under wight car runs away from everyone.

There should not be that big of a gap in q times. If there is (anything over 1 sec on the rest of the field) I will ask that the replay of the q lap be uploaded before the race. This way it can be reviewed for line taken by reloading it to a PS.

If the number racing is small I will redo the way we qualify but we need 8 people before the 2012 races can start. Should we have more then 16 we will need two rooms. Or if lag starts to play in.  

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Message 12 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Go ahead and sign me up! I had a freaking blast with this car even though the result was not what I liked on the last lap of the sarthe race.

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 13 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 20, 2012

my comments in blue:

SnakeEyes427 wrote:

In that set-up we go to the pits there HP is checked by setting the room too that max hp. If your car is kicked you have too much. Tires can be checked for all drivers in pit line by going to there name. I have yet to find a good way for kg as the room can not be set to the 1447 we will run. As you know from test in the 2011 rules it is very clear when the wight is off as the under wight car runs away from everyone.

good ideas.  for weight, you could set to 1440 min just prior, to see if anyone has lowered theirs less than that, and if anyone has violated more than 7kg it will show.  either that, or you could sacrifice some of the authenticity of the ACR-X and just make it weigh 3 more kg so you could set the room at 1450.  That's like having a steak before getting in the race car.  This results in an increase of weight that ammounts to only .2% more.  (not 2%, but .2%).  Something to consider, but you da boss, ma'am!

There should not be that big of a gap in q times. If there is (anything over 1 sec on the rest of the field) I will ask that the replay of the q lap be uploaded before the race. This way it can be reviewed for line taken by reloading it to a PS.

Cool, and this shouldn't be very burdensome on anyone because it's only once a month.

Message 14 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 20, 2012

I want in on this. I just need to know times on these sundays when the races are run

Message 15 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 20, 2012

season #1 was held at 12:00pm Noon EST, 9am CST.  But she may want to do something different come March.

snake, is there any chance of beginning this is February, or do you just have too much going on right now?

Message 16 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Just realized I wasn't automatically signed up for this, so uh, sign me up!

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Message 17 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Jan 20, 2012

OP Updated

exXboxFan wrote:

season #1 was held at 12:00pm Noon EST, 9am CST.  But she may want to do something different come March.

snake, is there any chance of beginning this is February, or do you just have too much going on right now?

Square, triangle, circle,... EX!

Generated image
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/antracer/GT5%20Pics/Sig%20Pics/SCREAM_logo_2.png

Click to see my Photo Mode album on Flickr

PM will be sent on this.

Jess

GT5 Pics:
Message 18 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 21, 2012

hey everyone,

1st night using snakes loaner the best i can do is 1:47.621

had alot of 1:49's and :50's

Im new to the tuning and setup so i am going to be trying and searching for info.

Jimmy

http://www.mygranturismo.net/34100
Message 19 of 676 (398 Views)
0 Likes