Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

Mar 26, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Wow, I am surprised hey that you are joining. You going to finish? Last time you mentioned you didn't appreciate certain on track driving styles? Don't' get me wrong, I think you joining is great. I just hope you stay to the end .

This was a wierd post here?!? I know it wasn't directed at me so maybe it's none of my business, but I was kinda shocked to see that. I also can't make all the races, should I stay away from this series since I might not "stay to the end"? I'm not too worried about the points standings or where I end up. I'm just here for the fun, Is that ok F1? 

Oh and as far as "certain driving styles" goes. I'm pretty sure you don't like being run off the road either. Especially when the driver continues on like nothing happened! As Mr. Swerv would say...Just Sayin' :smileywink:

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 242 (252 Views)
0 Likes
GT Silver
2185 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I don't really have "it" in terms of driving skill. I just try to squeeze as many advantages as I can.

For example, I did 2 full-length practice races, just to work out a good pit strategy. I now know what laps I'll be pitting, what tyres I'll take, and how much fuel I'll take at each stop.

And for anyone who has changed teams recently, make sure you stop at the correct pit box. Right, Lewis? (That was just too funny) :smileylol:

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 242 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

I don't really have "it" in terms of driving skill. I just try to squeeze as many advantages as I can.

For example, I did 2 full-length practice races, just to work out a good pit strategy. I now know what laps I'll be pitting, what tyres I'll take, and how much fuel I'll take at each stop.

And for anyone who has changed teams recently, make sure you stop at the correct pit box. Right, Lewis? (That was just too funny) :smileylol:

That was hilarious. Lots of mishaps in the pits last weekend. lol. Lots of "juicy" stories to read up on in the next few days! Kinda felt bad for Nico being told to hold position. I know the team wanted him to run slow but it didn't seem like he was light on fuel at the end. At least I didn't hear anything about his car, only Lewis'. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 242 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
872 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

F1Cheetor wrote:
Wow, I am surprised hey that you are joining. You going to finish? Last time you mentioned you didn't appreciate certain on track driving styles? Don't' get me wrong, I think you joining is great. I just hope you stay to the end .

This was a wierd post here?!? I know it wasn't directed at me so maybe it's none of my business, but I was kinda shocked to see that. I also can't make all the races, should I stay away from this series since I might not "stay to the end"? I'm not too worried about the points standings or where I end up. I'm just here for the fun, Is that ok F1? 

Oh and as far as "certain driving styles" goes. I'm pretty sure you don't like being run off the road either. Especially when the driver continues on like nothing happened! As Mr. Swerv would say...Just Sayin' :smileywink:

No guys. I really didn't mean for that to come out that way at all. Of course I would like things to work out for those who could make all the races(the whole series).  I am learning to get to know hey and I honestly was confused too in his mention of certain styles of driving from a couple races in the last series. Hey also addressed that part to me already  in his reply. I also didn't meant that you(hey) quit in the middle of race and not finsh. So I apologize for that coming out wrong. I personally would like if he got to finish a series. I really want to see where he would end up thats all. Plus, no I don't like being run off the road, who does. I just learn to approach them differently so it doesn't happen again. I also watch my back if they come up from behind.

@tguns,  No,it was not your business. But I don't blame you for your reply bacause you thought it was also directed toward someone like you in a similar situation in not being able to make all the races. That is not the case at all.

This was my only chance to get back and reply with what hey wrote because I was giving my daughter archery  lessons. Please, no hard feelings and I hope that I explained myself well enough.

Peace!

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 242 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Good practice tonight guys, thanks for coming to Rome lol.

FYI: I am going to be leaving town after work on Friday and going home because of Easter. I won't be able to send prizes or review the replay from Thursday til late Sunday or Monday.

I need some more laps in at Rome so I will try to practice tomorrow night. If I do get online feel free to come on by and run some laps.

36 laps on Thursday at Rome. See you there.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 242 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Mar 27, 2013

That was a successful practice session for me. I came into the room struggling to get into the 1:09's. After some tweaking of the gearbox, suspension and aero, I was able to run a 1:08.200. I was starting to get more of an even tire wear during the last practice race. Much better than when I started. I'm still losing grip under braking into the hairpin and Turn 1. Seems like a diff problem to me. Gotta work on that. Overall I feel pretty good about the setup I have so no more practice for me. Oh and I was getting 8 solid laps on Softs when pushed hard. I can do 9 maybe 10 If I take it easy, but whats the fun in that. Mediums were breaking down for me once I got to about mid tire life. We'll see what happens in the race!! See you guys out there. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 242 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

that was funny!!! from his GF's experession i would venture a guess that he was either concerned about doing that, or that he was planning on doing it. especially when you factor in the thumbs up that one of his crew gave nichole when it all happened.

f1, explained. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 242 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Mar 28, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

By shredding the tyres, and on low fuel, I can get low 1:08's on the Softs. My best is 1:07.995. By doing consistent, race pace, and high fuel laps, I typically get around mid 1:09's on fresh tyres, dipping into 1:11's coming up to my pit stop.

On the mediums, all times are about 1 - 1.5 seconds slower. The Mediums also last 2 laps longer than the Softs (For me, anyway)

Those times are probably snail's pace to faceman. :smileysad::smileywink:

Trying to get in to my head GJ lol. Thanks for the complement though. You know as well as I that you will be a contender for this race and the series.
Those times are good, should be a good race.

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 242 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

Just giving everyone a heads up: Last night I was kicked from my lounge three times. Not sure why but hopefully it won't be an issue tonight. 36 laps at Rome tonight. I'll be in my lounge around 8 pm est. Qualifying starts at 9 pm est.

Reminder: The standings won't be updated until either Sunday or Monday. I'm heading out of town mid day tomorrow. I'll send the prizes out tomorrow morning. I'll post the results once I can review the replay for laps lead and most laps lead, stuff like that.

edit: I'm having some problems getting the game to load. Is anyone else experiencing this? My internet has been very slow since I got home today. If the gt5 issues cause problems tonight, we'll postpone the race til next week. Hopefully we won't have to.

edit: well I just kicked from my lobby. Last resort attempt is to bypass my router, see what happens. Once I do this I can't connect to the internet on my computer so I guess this is goodbye, for tonight lol.

edit: Apparently I have enough internet to use my computer but not enough to race. Sorry guys for wasting everyone's time. My internet test speed has never been this low as it was tonight. We'll do Rome next week. Apologies.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 242 (152 Views)
GT Silver
2185 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Not only are the cobblestone streets slippery, they're also very abrasive! Generally, I had a good time. Although I know I will only be able to finish worse than I did today.

Does anyone know how to deal with lapped traffic? I kept flashing my lights and blaring the horn, but they still wouldn't budge from the racing line.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 242 (114 Views)
0 Likes