Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

Mar 29, 2013
Hey gojet, this is just my opinion in what I find the majority do. Others might be different and that's OK.
Normally cars that are lapped are still racing and keeping their time with others who are at their pace competitive too. You flashing your lights and or using the horn should be good enough to let them know that you are about to pass. But they shouldn't slow down.
The faster ones should wait for an opportunity to pass. Like on a straight or safe turn. To me this makes it much more intense. Or you could try to post an explanation for the slower ones that if you flash or honk that means you are about to pass and for them to make enough room for you to do so.
Me, if I am too slow and see a faster car approaching from behind. I will make enough room for them to make a safe pass. Of course this depends "where" on the track too. If it is in an unsafe place . Then too bad, they have to wait.
This also makes having no mics a little bit harder to do.
All my opinion mind you.

" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 242 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1979 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Last nights race was a mess for me. Not sure about the rest of you guys. I started in 8th because I left the track to make some final adjustments (which made the handle horribly) but I came out of turn 2 in 3rd I think. I was kinda shocked at the way my car was driving, bouncing off walls, not being able to carry speed like I did in practice, rear end wouldn't catch itself. When I took my first pit stop, I forgot to take fuel, which really hurt but I switched to mediums right away to get them out of the way. The rest of the race was just a major struggle, couldn't put down a decent lap, still had a tough time with the corners. I pit on lap 24 and 29 taking enough fuel to make it to the end which allowed me to really push the car and I had a chance to relax and focus. I ran a 1:07.4 somewhere in there and made up lots of time while others were on the medium tires ( I think). Ended up in 3rd which was kind of a shock but I should be happy with grabbing a podium spot. Tough race, they can't all go smooth, but I did have fun in the end. 

Are we re-running this race next week? Was this race just practice and not for points?

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 242 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Mar 29, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Hey gojet, this is just my opinion in what I find the majority do. Others might be different and that's OK.
Normally cars that are lapped are still racing and keeping their time with others who are at their pace competitive too. You flashing your lights and or using the horn should be good enough to let them know that you are about to pass. But they shouldn't slow down.
The faster ones should wait for an opportunity to pass. Like on a straight or safe turn. To me this makes it much more intense. Or you could try to post an explanation for the slower ones that if you flash or honk that means you are about to pass and for them to make enough room for you to do so.
Me, if I am too slow and see a faster car approaching from behind. I will make enough room for them to make a safe pass. Of course this depends "where" on the track too. If it is in an unsafe place . Then too bad, they have to wait.
This also makes having no mics a little bit harder to do.
All my opinion mind you.

i sort of agree. everyone is out there to have fun and enjoy the race, but i have had lapped traffic on to many occasions race me, and even pass me back on those same straights. even been taken out of races because of it a few to many times. IMO if a person is being lapped they should lift , or brake early in order to let the leaders through with as little chance for an incident as possible.  they should never race the lapper, or in my opinion follow to close, as the draft has a tendency to catch people off guard, and before you know it your getting rear ended straight into a wall or sandbox.  

now for the race, that was a good practice run. i learned on the first stint that you never wanna brake late and light up ur rears if you expect to make 9 laps at a fast pace. i also nearly forgot to use the med tires until i was in the pits for my last stop. it cost me a few seconds while trying to get my fuel level where it needed to be in order to finish( now i know why gojet kept re-entering the room). now i can finally say that i have some practice and knowledge prior to a race. hopefully i can make the real one when we run it again.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 242 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Mar 29, 2013

oh and gojet, i don't know what you r thinking, but you are fast, and more importantly you are solid, and consistant. i bet if you got out of your head and tried to relax that you would be even faster. from my personal experience whenever i try to hard i start to slow down. that is why i hate running time trials. i always over drive when running tt's. anyway i just wanted you to know that i think you are way fast, and you have no reason to think otherwise.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 242 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Thanks everyone for letting me take up space on the practice track last night. I first off want to say I am sorry to faceman for pulling out from the pit and not looking to see who, if anyone, is coming down the straight at 150mph... How stupid of me and I am sorry. Also I... I was trying to race with some of the leaders using draft and such to help me keep tempo, again I am sorry and I will do my best to allow for leaders to pass in safe spots. Flashing headlights works, (repeatedly flashing) but there needs to be a "safe" pass, F1 makes a great point, but so does hey... We just need to work together on this issue, and since I am slower than most of you, I will do my best to "move out da way"  2:14.xxx behind the leader at the end is shameful. I did not plot out my tires, pit stops and fuel correctly. I will work on this for the future as to do my best to keep up. My best lap was 1:08.5xx, running consistent 1:09.xxx.

Peace YO!

Lunzar :smileyhappy:  

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 242 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Mar 29, 2013

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

edit: Apparently I have enough internet to use my computer but not enough to race. Sorry guys for wasting everyone's time. My internet test speed has never been this low as it was tonight. We'll do Rome next week. Apologies.

I was having trouble staying connected as well, on all 3 of my PS3's
I cleared the cache on all of them. Re-booted, and ran the Network test..
I had around 22Mbps download speed, but was only getting like 8Kbps up..  (normally I am around 1.5Mpbs up  and 8Mbps down)

I don't know why such a drastic change in m download speed. Never saw it that high.

But the Up load speed of 8K is the crusher.

So I don't really think it was YOUR internet.

I think the 4.40 upgrade had a big impact on the quality of service

Just starting up my PS3 takes longer as it attempts to sign me in..
Starting up GT5 takes Longer then ever, as it waits and waits for a connection..

and then On-Line events I keep getting kicked.

I was really surprised I stayed in the Lounge for all 36 laps last night..

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 242 (265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Does anyone know how to deal with lapped traffic? I kept flashing my lights and blaring the horn, but they still wouldn't budge from the racing line.

Part of the issue is we don't know you are right behind, till we look at the map or glance back..
I run in Hood view, and there aren't any rear view Mirrors in that view.

But I do look at the map ( if your that close though, it's a single blip anyway)

and I press my rear view to glance back after exiting a turn..

I try to give room for faster traffic, but some courses there's not a lot to give.

Just like in real racing, LAP traffic plays a role in the outcome of the race..

The Next version of GTx should have Corner workers with Blue flags or a sign to let you know to give way to faster traffic..

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 242 (263 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Mar 29, 2013
@tguns,
No points race last night . WAGG did postpone the race for next week. Plus, you finished 3rd!? Nice finish. But I know what you mean by being great in practice and by the time the race actually starts it's like your smoothness with the car is gone. You think lag sets in by then, at random with certain players at times? Oh, what is that word? Where your inputs with the server are a bit slow when actually playing? Maybe that was happening in your case . Anyways, good job.
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 242 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Mar 29, 2013

NO F1 I'M PRETTY SURE I MADE HIM NERVOUS!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 242 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1979 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Well I made some last minute adjustments and really upset the car. I took some camber out of the rear and the back end would not catch itself to save its life. But to Hey's point, I do get nervous around certain drivers. But for some reason, when I was close to Pete, just seeing his name gave me a calming feeling lol. Why is that? I ran my best laps before and after passing him in the closing stages of the race.

And yes F1, 3rd is good but I could have ran for 2nd if my pit strategy didn't go out the window. Good thing I get a second chance. 1st was out of reach because 1, I don't have the skill, and 2, I don't have the skill! YET!!
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 242 (249 Views)
0 Likes