Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Lounge will be up in about ten minutes. 35 laps at Eiger Short Track.

@Wyld - good idea about pitting to correct a tire mistake. I'll keep that in mind.

@Juan - That sounds cool. After this series is over I'll be taking a break from hosting for a month or so, due to increased work hours and other stuff. If a Thursday series is going to be hosted, I'll definitely try to make as many races as I can.

@t- Good luck in your kart league. Gives new meaning to trading paint lol.

edit: Good race tonight guys. Grats to hey on the win.

Got off to a weird start, with everyone including me seemingly getting kicked. Fortunately, qualifying and the race went without a hitch. I had a bad first couple of laps, self induced spins lol. I took too much fuel in my pit stops and I contemplated using RM for more than one stint but elected to go with RS after RM. I will get the results posted and the points updated tomorrow. Hoping to run the Corvette RM series tomorrow night. Peace

Message 211 of 242 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

May 17, 2013

Ugh. That was probably my worst race of this series so far.

The first lap was pretty clean. Until the final corner. I was drafting hey, but didn't compensate for an earlier braking point. I went head on and smashed into the paper streamers, which brought me to nearly a dead stop. Then, come lap 2, contact was made on the inside as I turned into the 2nd hairpin. I spun and crashed into more paper streamers. Worse still, I messed up everyone's race behind me.

After that mishap, I was in stone dead last. 11th/11. I fought my way back up the pack. But then around lap 4, while trying to overtake Wyld, I made contact and caused him to spin. I gave myself a penalty, by waiting for him to recover and giving him the potion.

By the end of all that, I was 25 seconds behind; nearly half a lap. If not for those problems, I would've finished 2nd, 7 seconds behind hey.

After my tyre strategy disaster last week, I decided to go a different route: drive flat out, take more pit stops. Despite the 50-second delta time here, and making one more pit stop, I was able to finish quite close to hey (minus those instances of my poor driving skill early in the race)

Two races in a row that have gone badly for me. I'm hoping to earn redemption next week...

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 212 of 242 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

May 17, 2013

I like Juan's idea, keeping a series going in the same format, with summer and golf league on Thursday night, and last night being the first of golf league for me and our race series, it was tight on time. I want to THANK EVERYONE FOR WAITING those extra minutes as I was doing over 100+ MPH in the ole Jetta VR6 GLI down the interstate to get home and seated in the simulator to compete. Great race everybody... I can not believe how fast hey is!!!! It just blows my mind. He and I were racing for the finish line and it was soooo close... I was right there..... but I was a WHOLE lap down from hey so it was funny to say the least. LOL!!! :smileyhappy: Great race hey! congrats on the win man. Again, thanks Wagg for hosting and all the time you take to make this happen. I would be willing to be a host and run the same type of series as Wagg's in the future or host part time or whatever. You guys are a great group of talented racers and I personally love the challenge. Nothing quite like it. I hope I can keep racing with you guys well in to GT6, which looks pretty AWESOME, by the way. Hope I will see some of you tonight in the Corvette series... I hope to make it.

See you guys in digital format, 0101010101010...

Peace,

Lunzar :smileyhappy:   

Message 213 of 242 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

May 17, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Ugh. That was probably my worst race of this series so far.

The first lap was pretty clean. Until the final corner. I was drafting hey, but didn't compensate for an earlier braking point. I went head on and smashed into the paper streamers, which brought me to nearly a dead stop. Then, come lap 2, contact was made on the inside as I turned into the 2nd hairpin. I spun and crashed into more paper streamers. Worse still, I messed up everyone's race behind me.

After that mishap, I was in stone dead last. 11th/11. I fought my way back up the pack. But then around lap 4, while trying to overtake Wyld, I made contact and caused him to spin. I gave myself a penalty, by waiting for him to recover and giving him the potion.

By the end of all that, I was 25 seconds behind; nearly half a lap. If not for those problems, I would've finished 2nd, 7 seconds behind hey.

After my tyre strategy disaster last week, I decided to go a different route: drive flat out, take more pit stops. Despite the 50-second delta time here, and making one more pit stop, I was able to finish quite close to hey (minus those instances of my poor driving skill early in the race)

Two races in a row that have gone badly for me. I'm hoping to earn redemption next week...

that was a really nice comeback though, i know how tough it is to race and pass on this track. it's funny cause i was most likely gonna run the three stop strategy as well. seeing as getting good tire wear while trying to race hard just can't happen. i was again bummed, yet at the same time relieved when i looked back and saw your mishap. right then i decided to try for the 2 stopper. i knew if i could pace myself, and keep pete out of draft that my chances were good to make it happen.  the decent wearing tire gods decided to to smile down on me last night and i was able to just barely get it done.

i really want to say that i'm very impressed on how much everyone here has improved in their racing skills. great job guys!!

oh and wyld, when i came up on you at races end i really didn't want you to pull over( although that was very gentlemanly of you), i was hoping to just follows you guys for the last 2 laps. i'd been watching you for a while and enjoyed it immensely, and since i had a decent lead, i figured why not hang and watch an exciting race. anyway great run again everyone, and see you next week, at trial mountain, aka the tire destroyer mountain.

Message 214 of 242 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Good race last night. Grats to hey on the win. I spun three times in the same spot lol, race killer right there. Wasn't till after the first pit stop I started to be smooth and not make too many mistakes lol.

@ Lunz - I have no problem waiting to start a race if I know someone is going to be running late. The latest we can wait though is 9:40 pm est. Apologies in advance if in the final two races you gon't get into the lounge after golf league by 9:40. My reasoning on this is that I'm in the eastern time zone and at that point it's late at night and I go to work at 6 am so that's why there is a limit to delaying the race. Good race last night man and glad you made it.

Eiger Short Track Results:

Winner: hey6541

2nd: peyepete

3rd: Gojet-64

4th: faceman557

5th: Lunzar

6th: Gilby711

7th: NoLimitBig

8th: WAGG__da__DOGG

9th: RAMJET53

10th: iceandspice

11th: WyldAnimal

Bonus points:

Fastest qualifying lap: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Most laps lead: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Lead a lap ( 1 point each ) :

hey6541

NoLimitBig

Gojet-64

faceman557

Prizes have been sent out and the points will be updated shortly. Thanks for racing and see you next week at Tire Destroyer Mountain.

edit: Points have been updated. Hey has taken the lead after last nights win. He now leads pete by 3 points. Gojet and Lunz are now tied with 76 points apiece and are fighting for 4th place. 6th through 9th place is separated by only 4 points.

Message 215 of 242 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

May 17, 2013
Wagg, I understand if I am later than 9:40 est I miss out... I hope to be on by at least 9:25 next week. I just want to finish series with everyone. I am not trying to take advantage of the 10 extra min late rule, but it might be close these last two races. Thanks again everyone!! :smileyhappy:
Message 216 of 242 (179 Views)
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

May 18, 2013

I've had a great time with this series. It's definitely one of my favorites of all the series' we've ever done.

With 2 races left, and 26 points on the table, the title will be a three-way-fight between hey, pete, and faceman. All other drivers are mathematically eliminated.

Nonetheless, I'll still be fighting for a win in both races to come.

Message 217 of 242 (167 Views)
Monster Hunter
43 posts

May 21, 2013

What are some of the  times you guys are running on the "tire eating" Trail Mountain course? I am sure I am slow at 1:26.473... YO! :smileyhappy:

Lunzar

Message 218 of 242 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

May 21, 2013

I'm getting 6 laps on Softs and 8 laps on Mediums. I don't remember exactly how fast I was on each tyre.

Speaking of tyres, I would like to ask Wagg about something regarding tyre strategy.

I know we are supposed to start on RS, and do at least one flying lap on RM. Do we have to use RS for one flying lap as well? For example, could I come in at the end of the first lap, switch to RM, and use RMs for the rest of the race? Or would I have to pit on lap 3? (Lap 1 is start lap, Lap 2 is flying lap, Lap 3 to come into the pits)

Note: This is hypothetical. I won't be using this tyre strategy.

Message 219 of 242 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Since this scenario hasn't been contemplated by me lol, I will say that in the beginning of the race the earliest someone can pit is the end of lap 2. So basically, one flying lap on RS and one flying lap on RM. Nice question Gojet. I'll edit the first post to reflect this now. I might use this strategy now :smileysurprised:

I haven't practiced for the Trial Mountain at all so I will try to get some laps in tomorrow afternoon after work. If anyone's online feel free to practice in my lounge too. 32 laps tomorrow night. Peace

edit: Lounge will be open at 8 pm est tonight. 32 laps at Trial Mountain. See you there.

Message 220 of 242 (107 Views)
0 Likes