Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

May 29, 2013

Good stuff Gojet. I doubt I will be able to practice tomorrow before the race but I'd like to so I can finish the series strong lol.

35 laps at Deep Forest tomorrow night. It's the finale to season 1 and it's down to two racers. Who will capture the title? Will it come down to bonus points? Looking forward to tomorrow night. Peace

Please use plain text.
Message 231 of 242 (1,604 Views)
GT Silver
2185 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Wagg, I just checked the replay at Trial Mountain from last week, and made an interesting discovery.

It turns out, the lapped car blocking me might be off the hook. From what I saw, his car didn't budge every time we collided. This would suggest, he couldn't see me. What I mean is, on his end, the game wasn't showing me on the track. If he was arguing that no one was ever behind him, he's probably telling the truth.

This is a glitch that sometimes happens online. This is why I usually ask how many cars are visible to each player. If less cars are visible to a particular player, that means there is someone they cannot see, because they game did not load their car.

We often call these "loaders" because their ID tag just perpetually shows a loading bar. The "loader" player will never show up on the track to the player that sees him as a loader, but they can still see the loader's chat messages or what menu they are in.

The only way this can be fixed is by leaving the room and rejoining, either the loader himself or the player who sees them as a loader.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 232 of 242 (1,573 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Noted Gojet. I sent the driver a psn message last Friday explaining my ruling decision. I am amenable to reversing that depending on his reply. I should have logged in a lot earlier to see if there was any response.

35 laps at Deep Forest tonight.

Reminder: the concrete pad can be cut during qualifying and during the race. Also everyone PLEASE be aware of the leaders and give them room if you're about to be lapped or are already lapped. The title is on the line tonight :smileywink:

Hoping for a good race to finish off season 1 of this series.

Also: at the conclusion of the race tonight, if anyone wants to, I'll open a track vote and we can do 5 laps at whichever track is voted on. OR we could do 20 laps at Daytona with no hp limitation for fun. Just sayin....lol

Lounge will be open at 8 pm est. See you there.

Please use plain text.
Message 233 of 242 (1,563 Views)
0 Likes
GT Silver
2185 posts

May 31, 2013

What an awesome finish! I lost the lead at the very last second, and lost by just 1/40th of a second! Awesome! If I had just taken one liter less of fuel, if I just missed one less apex, if I just pushed a teeny bit harder on any lap, I would've won!

Granted, although I was impressed with lapped traffic, it seemed hey was getting held up a lot more than I did. So a very well-deserved victory for you, hey!

I also have to say, wet Le Mans after the race was very fun, too! Unlike a dry race, you need to keep your attention levels at maximum, because the car is always slipping about, even on the straits. The car was a lot more stable than I was expecting. Probably because it has less power compared to other race cars.

Unfortunately, we will probably never do a wet (or at least weather change) race in any of our league races. Regardless, I would like to see Le Mans and/or Nürburgring in Season 2. I definitely think this series was a huge success, and very worthy of a Season 2.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 234 of 242 (1,540 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: Accuracy NSX RM '91 Challenge

May 31, 2013

I would first off like to say a BIG thank you to Wagg for hosting this series.  This is the first series that I have ever participated in and I really appreciate the sportsmanship that has been shown during it.  I take driving clean very serious and have found in most of my other on line experiences with GT5 to be very frustrating, unfair and unrealistic.  This series takes it to another level.  GoJet I would personally like to thank you for standing up for me after the fact regarding the blocking incident at the second to last race.  I had no idea that any of that was happening and you watched it and stood up for the fair result. Thank You!  I was really happy with my final race. After a respectable (in my eyes) 1:13:XXX qualifying time which put me in 6th I was able to move up to 4th position early.  I managed to keep my car on the track and execute my pit strategy of 6rs/9rm/8rm/6rs/6rs and finish 4th behind the incredibly fast Hey, Jet and Pete.  I don't know if I will ever be able to compete with those numbers but it sure was fun trying.  Thanks again all!  I hope to be able to join the next series Wagg is hosting as well as season 2.

P.S. Thanks out to Lunzar for inviting me.

Please use plain text.
Message 235 of 242 (1,532 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

May 31, 2013

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, Series WAGG!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileyhappy: Those last few races were tough with no quali on my end, but still awesome!!! Looking forward to season 2!

Congrats on the win hey6541! WORD! I look forward to seeing that history making finish on the replay tonight. 

Peace :smileyhappy:

Lunzar 

Please use plain text.
Message 236 of 242 (1,520 Views)
Record Breaker
747 posts

May 31, 2013

Thanks for running this series WAGG. It has been a blast, and kudos to all the drivers for some of the best close, clean racing that anyone could ask for.

Congratulations to Hey, awesome and impressive racing all season.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Please use plain text.
Message 237 of 242 (1,512 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Deep Forest Results:

Winner: hey6541

2nd: Gojet-64

3rd: peyepete

4th: NoLimitBig

5th: Gilby711

6th: WAGG__da__DOGG

7th: RAMJET53

8th: WyldAnimal

9th: Lunzar

Bonus Points:

Fastest qualifying lap: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Most laps led: hey 6541 and Gojet-64 ( 1 point each ) *

Lead a lap:

hey6541

Gojet-64

peyepete

*Amazingly hey and Gojet each led 17 laps at Deep Forest, with pete leading one lap to bring the total to 35. I have awarded one point to both hey and Gojet for leading the most laps. For season 2 I will have a procedure in place in the event this happens again.

Congrats to hey on winning the race last night and winning season 1 with a VERY close finish with Gojet. Only .026 separated you too, which I believe is the closest finish I've ever seen in a race I've hosted. In the next couple of days I will work with the driver who's donating the $10 psn card code as the grand prize and as soon as I can I'll get that code to you. Enjoy!

Acura NSX RM '91 Points Standings   thru May 31st ( Final )

1st - hey6541 - 139 points

2nd - peyepete - 128

3rd  - Gojet-64 - 108

4th - faceman557 - 102

5th - NoLimitBig - 89

6th - Lunzar - 83

7th - WAGG__da__DOGG - 81

8th - RAMJET53 - 79

9th - Juan-de-Juarez - 78

10th - tguns16 - 58

11th - Gilby711 - 56

12th - iceandspice - 55

13th - WyldAnimal - 45

14th - Tacos_de_Pyton - 13

15th - F1Cheetor - 8

16th - kyoshiro390 - 6

17th - eciracing - 5

Prizes for last night have been sent out today. After I send out the prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place overall finishers for season 1, I will then begin sending out random stuff to everyone who participated in this series. I will go in order of the final points standings.

@Wyld - sorry about the contact last night. Did my best to hold my line. The first time you didn't have to wait for me, it was very cool of you to do so.

@Gilby711 - sent you a private message, check it out when you get a chance.

@Everyone - Thanks very much for participating in this series. I haven't had this much fun since the first season of Exotics. Watching the replays was a blast and although the results and replays don't show it, I feel like a better driver going through a whole season with no aids except abs. Car control has always been a weak point for me but hopefully this series cured some of that ( lol yeah right ) .

Thanks again for racing, hope everyone had fun.

The next series I'm planning on hosting will start mid-July and will be a production car series ( another one make series ) with the same lounge settings and qualifying procedures as this series had BUT with a scoring twist. It will be on Tuesdays at the same time. Hope you guys check it out when the time comes. Peace

Please use plain text.
Message 238 of 242 (1,478 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Hey Wagg, sorry I couldn't make more races but I had a great time in the ones I made. You definitely know how to run a great series, better than any other I've been a part of. Very good stuff sir. I'm happy with a top ten finish!!! lol. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 239 of 242 (1,453 Views)
Wastelander
745 posts

Jun 1, 2013

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

@Wyld - sorry about the contact last night. Did my best to hold my line. The first time you didn't have to wait for me, it was very cool of you to do so.

Thanks again for racing, hope everyone had fun.

Hey Wagg, it's all good.  I was in front, and I wasn't sure if I cut off your line and caused you to spin,

Since I wasn't in the points running, I waited to give you back the position.

While I really enjoyed this series, I gotta say, I hated this car..  LOL

I just couldn't get a good tune on it..

No matter what i tried, it just Pushed through the turns,  I had a very hard time trying to hold any kind of line.

So I usually dove in a little low, let it push to the outside, and hoped I didn't go too far, to run off the track..

I was always a good 3 to 4 seconds slower per lap than most everyone else..

Sure, some of that is my driving style, but I couldn't even keep up down the straight with a draft..

Anyway, It' was great racing with everyone..
I look forward to the next time we can all get together on the track.

Please use plain text.
Message 240 of 242 (1,446 Views)