Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

Apr 4, 2013
Hey wagg, kyoshiro is gonna send you a FR, you think he could join with us tonight since a few guys can't make it?? Your call.
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 242 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
748 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

@Wyld. Enjoy, it was a great race, lots of lead changes with the different pit strategies.

Rome race replay link:   https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5zfw-1NUqUDMldidHZxTGxZaE0/edit?usp=sharing

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 242 (154 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Good race last night. Grats to hey on the win and getting the pole. I'll post the results tonight once I get a chance to review the replay after work.

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 242 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Great race last night guys. I felt like I had a good chance at a win last night since hey had a early pit box. I'm sure I gained some time there. But I made a couple big mistakes that I think cost me the race. My tire strategy was S,M,S,S,S but I accidentally stayed on mediums and didn't take enough fuel to run the full life of them so my strategy chanded to S,M,M,S,S. I think my pit strategy would have worked out great had I executed it properly. I lost a good 15 seconds by being on the medium tires twice in a row. Then, towards the end of the race somewhere around lap 30, I spun in the final turn and lost another 8-10 seconds. I lost control and then my recovery was just stupid, thank goodness no one was coming behind me because I was in a terrible spot.  This is one of those races that you wish you could rewind things just a sec to adjust what you did wrong. It seemed like hey was getting slowed down a bit in traffic and faceman, unfortunately, ran out of fuel. So I knew it was possible but I had mistakes too. Thats racing! Overall it was a blast, hope to see you guys next week at Laguna Seca!

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 242 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Great win hey! You are fast, even with traffic!

I made some mistakes after a full week of practicing and running the scenario in my mind again and again. I took too little fuel first pit, then had to make it up on the second pit which put me in a bad position for time. Over all it turned out for the best... There was quite the race for 3rd spot between WAGG, Pete and myself, if I had more tire on the last lap, I would have been more of a contender, then laying back on the last three turns, but for awhile I was in it and it was an awesome race guys!!! THANKS for hosting WAGG

Peace out,

Lunzar    

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 242 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Apr 5, 2013

that was a fun race. very intense , but still fun. there were a few issues with lapped traffic racing a bit overly aggressive. please guys if you are being lapped DON"T race the lapper, please please please. my race almost got ruined 3 or 4 times by lapped guys. 1 time was someone spinning right in front of me, and i had nowhere to go. this was what i consider a racing incident, it just happens. the other times were after i passed the person they kept racing me hard and ended up hitting me because they didn't judge the braking distance correctly. this to me JUST SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!! especially when we are using very fast tire wear. one hit from behind at a turn usually results in lighting up the rear tires, and with very fast tire wear that means 1 less lap.

i know that some guys will argue that lapped traffic is something that happens IRL racing. i understand that, but IRL racing competitors are alot more closely matched in skill level. so generally( not always) the person lapping won't be so weary about passing some one. i don't mean to offend anyone, or discourage anyone from joining and racing.  i just feel that proper etiquette be observed.

what i thought was fun was watching and trying to figure out everyone pit strategies. i knew that face and i were on a similar 3 stop race, but, then t guns mixed it up and went for a 4 stopper.  with all my issues with traffic, and faceman's woes with fuel i'd say it woulda resulted in a great win for him. thankfully he likes us so he'll  have 1 good off, or spin, or tire mishap just for us. thanks T, it's alway appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 242 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1976 posts

Apr 5, 2013
lol, yeah that's exactly what happened. I screwed up on purpose. LoL. Anytime guys, anytime.
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 242 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
764 posts

Apr 5, 2013

peyepete wrote:

@Wyld. Enjoy, it was a great race, lots of lead changes with the different pit strategies.

Rome race replay link:   https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5zfw-1NUqUDMldidHZxTGxZaE0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,  I'm downloading it now.
I'll try to watch it this weekend.. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 242 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

hey6541 wrote:

that was a fun race. very intense , but still fun. there were a few issues with lapped traffic racing a bit overly aggressive. please guys if you are being lapped DON"T race the lapper, please please please. my race almost got ruined 3 or 4 times by lapped guys. 1 time was someone spinning right in front of me, and i had nowhere to go. this was what i consider a racing incident, it just happens. the other times were after i passed the person they kept racing me hard and ended up hitting me because they didn't judge the braking distance correctly. this to me JUST SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!! especially when we are using very fast tire wear. one hit from behind at a turn usually results in lighting up the rear tires, and with very fast tire wear that means 1 less lap.

i know that some guys will argue that lapped traffic is something that happens IRL racing. i understand that, but IRL racing competitors are alot more closely matched in skill level. so generally( not always) the person lapping won't be so weary about passing some one. i don't mean to offend anyone, or discourage anyone from joining and racing.  i just feel that proper etiquette be observed.

what i thought was fun was watching and trying to figure out everyone pit strategies. i knew that face and i were on a similar 3 stop race, but, then t guns mixed it up and went for a 4 stopper.  with all my issues with traffic, and faceman's woes with fuel i'd say it woulda resulted in a great win for him. thankfully he likes us so he'll  have 1 good off, or spin, or tire mishap just for us. thanks T, it's alway appreciated.

Before the race next week, I'll remind everyone that lapped drivers should be more aware.

Welcome Gilby and kyo to the series.

I don't know how I got third last night but I'm more than happy with that spot. A BIG thanks to face on helping me with the tune of the car, no way I get third without his help. Thanks man.

I've yet to review the replay but on lap 35, I hit the brakes way too late and undercut pete in a turn. I don't think contact was made but I gave the spot back. Pete, Lunz, and I had quite a battle for third. I think I only got that spot because I was on fresher tires maybe. I think I went RS, RS, RM, RS, RS. I only did one stint on RM, unlike at Motegi where I went RM for a majority of the race.

I will review the replay after the Tigers game today, and I'll get the prizes sent out tonight as well. I will update the schedule to reflect the postponement of last week.

Next week we're at Laguna Seca for 32 laps.

Reminder: no cutting the chicane and if a pass is made while doing so, give that spot back or a loss of points will be warranted. Also the white boundary line on the inside after the start/finish line, going downhill into turn one, don't cut that line, especially to make a pass. That's a tight turn so this ruling will hopefully keep incidents from happening there.

Awesome race last night.

@ NoLimit - Sorry man that you couldn't race last night. We waited til 9:40 to start the race per the rules, and I deleted and then re-added you to see if that would help like it did at Motegi. It's a shame because you were fast in practice. Hope there's no hard feelings man.

Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 242 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Rome Results:

Winner:   hey6541

2nd: tguns16

3rd: WAGG__da__DOGG

4th: peyepete

5th: Lunzar

6th: faceman557

7th: iceandspice

8th: RAMJET53

9th: Tacos_de_Pyton

10th: kyoshiro390

11th: Gilby711

Bonus Points:

Fastest qualifying lap: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Most laps led: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Lead a lap ( 1 point each ) :

hey6541

tguns16

WAGG__da__DOGG

faceman557

Grats again to hey on the win. Prizes have been sent out. Laguna Seca next week, 32 laps. See you guys there. Peace

The points standings and the schedule have been updated. Have a good weekend guys. Peace

edit: I forgot to say that although ice technically led the first lap, hey should have started in first place so I gave hey credit for leading the first lap. Sorry ice, hope you understand my reasoning.

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 242 (102 Views)
0 Likes