Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

Apr 19, 2013

Grats to pete on the win. 13 lead changes? Awesome.

After a bad start I'm very happy with 7th. I thought I was going to finish higher but I think the second stint on RM tires did me in. The first time I was on RM I think I made up a lot of time, even got into first for half a lap lol. Took RM again and pitted with 5 to go for RS. At least four other drivers were doing the same thing lol. I took on way too much fuel on the final pit stop, but I'm not sure if I could have place higher though if I took less fuel that time.

I'll watch the replay after work today and get the thread updated and prizes sent out.

Please use plain text.
Message 141 of 242 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Apr 19, 2013

WOW!! high speed ring had me a little concerned. it can be super duper fun, or very often a brutal disaster. it looks like we had both, but super fun in the end!!!!!!  pete, juan, and i managed to break away quickly so i knew that short of something happening it would prolly be a 3 man race for the most part. with no real practice i just gotta wing any pit strategy, so thats what i did. it was working perfectly, till the last stop that is. that is when my night fell apart. so i enter the pits, and that little tire/ fuel screen comes up. i arrow up to select fuel, and much to my surprise the curser scrolls back down to the okay button. so when i press X it EXITS me out of that screen:smileymad:. this leaves me with enough fuel for one lap:smileysad:, and i'm still on RS tires:smileysurprised:. i finish the pit stop still in the lead by a healty margin, but now i gotta pit again for fuel and RM tires. i make it around the track, enter the pits, carefully select the amout of fuel, but in my frustrated with my wheel state i forgot to change my tires:smileysad:. so i never ran the RM tires, but i did serve a very nice stop and hold for 10 second penalty. maybe that is enough???? i'm just saying!! :smileywink:

this has been a great series so far wagg. even though i'd rather win EVERY race, i couldn't think of losing to better group of guys. thanks a ton. 

Please use plain text.
Message 142 of 242 (160 Views)
0 Likes
GT Silver
2188 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Sorry I missed 3 races in a row. And yes, I've got a new excuse this time. I'd rather be racing with you guys than have to fix a leak in the roof. But it has to be done.

The water (from the nearly 2 feet of snow we got last weekend) doesn't seem to have caused any structural damage, so it should be all fixed up by the end of next week.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 143 of 242 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1981 posts

Apr 19, 2013
**bleep**. Hope everything's alright over there Gojet.
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 144 of 242 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Sorry I missed 3 races in a row. And yes, I've got a new excuse this time. I'd rather be racing with you guys than have to fix a leak in the roof. But it has to be done.

The water (from the nearly 2 feet of snow we got last weekend) doesn't seem to have caused any structural damage, so it should be all fixed up by the end of next week.

sorry about that gojet. homeownership can be a real drag sometimes.

fuji gt next week, we ran a few 5 lap races last night. everyone needs to remember going into turn 1 that the draft is very strong still. i was able to get into the 35's using basically the same tune as at HSR. with good tune and more awake and alert eyes i'd imagine we'll se some 34's. should be tons o funs.

Please use plain text.
Message 145 of 242 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Apr 19, 2013

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING RACE.

And Hey is right, its either a disaster or an all out fun brawl.

Pete, man. Good race buddy. I want to apologize to you for the hard bump going into the S's. I hadn't ran with anybody that close through there and i got a really strong pull on the draft. I can't belive it! i PUT TOOO MUCH Fuel. I had half a tank left!!!!! I buchered the fuel estimation at HSR, definately going to pay very close attention from now on. Very clean respectful racing with you pete as always Congrats on the win.

Get ready for another one at Fuji.

Lunzar, i don't think i touched you in the S's. I might have Lagged???? But i didn't mean to put that kind of pressure on you. I was in a big hurry on clean sticker tyres. I'll be more cuatious next time.

juandejuarezimage069
Please use plain text.
Message 146 of 242 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Juan, It is all good man, I wish I could blame it all on that accident, well... Maybe partly... I also could have driven better :smileyhappy: I didn't pit properly, again.... Every time I would setup a practice run, during the week, and get 5-8 laps in, I am interrupted and I have to stop the practicing... EVERY TIME!!!!

I do want to say how happy I am that I get race with you guys, sounds cheesy, I know, but... online racing can be lame at times with bad driving and poor hosts, but with this group everyone is fair, polite, on time, and just generally nice. I just want to show my appreciation to this group for all of those attributes. THANKS!! WAGG dude, thanks for doing all the replay reviews and work that goes along with this week in and week out.

See you guys next week in Fuji for 28 more laps of fun :smileyhappy:

Lunzar     

Please use plain text.
Message 147 of 242 (131 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

Glad you joined us Lunz. I'm enjoying the hell out of this series for real and I hope everyone else is too.

Grats again to pete on the win. Watched the replay and I got to say, it was pretty neat seeing all those lead changes and different strategies coming into play.

High Speed Ring Results:

Winner:  peyepete

2nd: hey6541

3rd: tguns16

4th: faceman557

5th: Juan-de-Juarez

6th: NoLimitBig

7th: WAGG__da__DOGG

8th: RAMJET53

9th: iceandspice

10th: Lunzar

11th: WyldAnimal

12th: Gibly711

13th: Tacos_de_Pyton

Bonus Points:

Fastest qualifying lap: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Most laps lead: hey6541*

Lead a lap ( 1 point each ) :

hey6541*

Juan-de-Juarez

peyepete

faceman557

* hey, I sent you a pm about the RM tire situation. Please check it out when you get a chance. Thanks.

Fuji GT next week, 28 laps.

Prizes will be sent out later tonight and the points standings will be updated tomorrow. As always thanks for racing, peace.

Please use plain text.
Message 148 of 242 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Lunzar, most of us have been racing with each other for a long time now.  So its a tight core group and we are all respectful and very Racie. Some times we might trade some paint but the on track battles become very intense since we race each other all the time.

Its extremely laid back here

also, where in carmen sandiego is ECI.

juandejuarezimage069
Please use plain text.
Message 149 of 242 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1981 posts

Apr 20, 2013
ECI is Carmen sandiego, Carmen Sandiego is ECI, we have the FBI investigating this matter and all information is confidential at this point. Once I hear something from "Lynch", I'll let ya'll know.
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 150 of 242 (65 Views)
0 Likes