Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

May 10, 2013

Ugh. That race was a disaster for me. First, on the first turn, I was pushed off the track. Lost about 10 seconds and fell to 8th. But that was nothing compared to what happened later.

My original calculations for tyre duration was 7 laps for softs, and 10 laps for mediums. It turns out, it was actually 6 laps for softs, and 8 laps for mediums. As a result, I was just slipping and sliding about on the final lap of each and every one of my stints. It was so bad on my final stint, I had to make an unscheduled pit stop.

Although I calculated my fuel perfectly, it was a tyre strategy disaster. Although, there is at least one good note for me.

I was asking who had set that time of 1:52.9 during the race. It turns out, on the final lap, I had fresh softs and low fuel. As a result, I accidentally set the fastest lap of the race...

I'm going to practice hard for Eiger. Pit stop strategy will be more important than ever. Reason: Most tracks have a delta time of around 30 seconds. Eiger has a delta time of about 50 seconds. Plus, the pit lane is in the middle of the lap, making it tricky to calculate fuel and tyre consumption during practice.

Note: Delta Time refers to the amount of time lost by making a pit stop. It is not the amount of time spent in the pit lane itself. When I give delta times, they include a pit stop with tyres and up to 10 liters of fuel. Every liter of fuel above 10 will add about 0.5 second to your pit stop.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 191 of 242 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
835 posts

May 10, 2013

I'll check out the replay and post the info Friday morning.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 192 of 242 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
835 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Gojet-64 led laps 13, 14, 19, 20 and 21.

Hey led all other laps.

Fastest Lap: Gojet-64 1:52.927

All drivers ran RM's

eciracing, 10 laps.

Gilby711, 8 laps.

If anyone ran short on fuel, it was in my tank lol, I had 24 litres left at the end of the race, that miscalculation cost me a position.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 193 of 242 (150 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

May 10, 2013

Thanks pete for checking out the replay. Appreciated man.

@ Wyld - When you got kicked and then got back in, hey had about a half a lap left to go on lap 5. I watched the mini map closely and a second after hey crossed the line for lap 6, your entry message popped up. Meant no offense when I said " keep racing ", just going according to the rules. Then when I saw that other drivers were stopping and typing " restart " , that's when I decided to restart the race. Then on the restart I couldn't see you or Nol. Crazy night lol.

Heading out of town after work, I'll check out the replay on Sunday. Thanks for racing. Peace

Message 194 of 242 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

May 10, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Ugh. That race was a disaster for me. First, on the first turn, I was pushed off the track. Lost about 10 seconds and fell to 8th. But that was nothing compared to what happened later.

My original calculations for tyre duration was 7 laps for softs, and 10 laps for mediums. It turns out, it was actually 6 laps for softs, and 8 laps for mediums. As a result, I was just slipping and sliding about on the final lap of each and every one of my stints. It was so bad on my final stint, I had to make an unscheduled pit stop.

Although I calculated my fuel perfectly, it was a tyre strategy disaster. Although, there is at least one good note for me.

I was asking who had set that time of 1:52.9 during the race. It turns out, on the final lap, I had fresh softs and low fuel. As a result, I accidentally set the fastest lap of the race...

I'm going to practice hard for Eiger. Pit stop strategy will be more important than ever. Reason: Most tracks have a delta time of around 30 seconds. Eiger has a delta time of about 50 seconds. Plus, the pit lane is in the middle of the lap, making it tricky to calculate fuel and tyre consumption during practice.

Note: Delta Time refers to the amount of time lost by making a pit stop. It is not the amount of time spent in the pit lane itself. When I give delta times, they include a pit stop with tyres and up to 10 liters of fuel. Every liter of fuel above 10 will add about 0.5 second to your pit stop.

lol i knew it had to be you that run the 52.9, you were getting really close during the q session. that push at turn 1 actually **bleep** me off a bit. i saw it happen and thought well my night is easier, but god i hope i'm not next at turn 2. luckily i made it.

i had mentally figured the exact same tire strategy during the practice prior to race, but i would have had to adjust my tune to a slower and not so fun to drive setting. i still haven't figured out if it's faster to use a boring but better tire wear tune and push harder or use a faster but loose tune and hold back a bit. anyway my pit strategy was the same, but since i used rm's earlier in the race i discovered earlier that it wasn't going to work. Jet wasn't as lucky, he was completely commited to his stratgey by the time he discovered it.

i'm afraid this next race is gonna force me to tighten up my tune a bit. with a nearly 2 minute pitstop i think it's best to stay out of pits and on the track as much as possible. another thing that has me worried a bit is the lapped traffic. lol this could be a brutal race, but i do really enjoy the track so it will be fun reguardless. look foward to seeing you guys out there.

Message 195 of 242 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

May 10, 2013

I was considering a 3-stop strategy. During the race, I noticed my tyre wear was slightly higher than expected. I was about to pit on lap 6 and go for a 3-stop race, but decided against it at the last minute.

The main reason: I had calculated how much fuel to take at each stop for a 2-stop, but not for a 3-stop. It's difficult for me to do math while trying to drive flat out. For my race, I took 26, 87, and 0 liters at each stop. (Final pit stop was unscheduled). I now know that I should've taken 25, 44, and 44 liters. (Assuming stints of 6, 8, 5, 5)

I've got a better understanding of tyre wear for Eiger. Hopefully my performance is better there.

Message 196 of 242 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

May 10, 2013

That was a great race dudes. I finally upgraded my car to stage 3 and.. huh, it help me out! Out of hole like a mad man! good stuff. See you guys at the short track, long pit next week. LOL!!! I might be late to quailfy next week, due to golf league starting up on Thursday nights. I am going to my best to be home and in the simulator by 8 cst.

Peace,

Lunzar 

Message 197 of 242 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Motegi Road Course Results:

Winner:hey6541

2nd: Gojet-64

3rd: Juan-de-Juarez

4th: peyepete

5th: Lunzar

6th: RAMJET53

7th: iceandspice

8th: NoLimitBig

9th: WyldAnimal

10th: faceman557

11th: WAGG__da__DOGG**

12th: eciracing*

13th: Gilby711*

Bonus points:

Fastest qualifing lap: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Most laps led: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Lead a lap ( 1 point each ) :

hey6541

Gojet-64

* indicates a driver either got kicked or left the race early

** indicates a driver used mixed compounds ( resulting in disqualification and forfeit of points )

As I said before, once we restarted I could not see NoL or Wyld on the track. I've been told they both used RM tires so all good on that front. I forget what lap it happened on but the game glitched on me and I ended up using RM and RS tires at the same time, so that's why I won't get any points for Motegi.

If I ever schedule this track in a series again, please shoot me lol.

35 laps at Eiger Short Track this week. See you there.

edit: prizes for Motegi were sent out Friday.

Message 198 of 242 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

May 14, 2013

It's not the track's fault, Wagg. It's often just a bug with the game. We already did our qualifying, so any drivers that are invisible (their name will show a loading bar perpetually) could be asked to leave and rejoin.

And Wagg, did you put on different compounds by mistake? I know I've sometimes accidentally confirmed my pitstop when trying to select everything quickly.

Message 199 of 242 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

May 14, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

It's not the track's fault, Wagg. It's often just a bug with the game. We already did our qualifying, so any drivers that are invisible (their name will show a loading bar perpetually) could be asked to leave and rejoin.

And Wagg, did you put on different compounds by mistake? I know I've sometimes accidentally confirmed my pitstop when trying to select everything quickly.

I know I just hate Motegi Road Course lol. I could see all drivers when we first started, but when we did a restart, I could not see Wyld or NoL. At that point it was already past 9:40 pm est and I wasn't the host so asking those two to exit the track in the hopes of me seeing them on the track wasn't an option.

Yeah it was a mistake ( glitch ) but if you recall your question earlier in the series about this exact thing, I said that I wanted everyone to use the same compound, either all RS or all RM. It's only fair that I penalize myself and any other drivers who use RM and RS at the same time. So far this has happened only once, to me at Motegi lol. In hindsight, I did probably press the buttons too quick but in the end, the result is the same.

Message 200 of 242 (76 Views)
0 Likes