Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2189 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

May 24, 2013

Well, that race was mostly good for me. It could've been much worse.

I won't be naming names on the public forum, but I was very frustrated with lapped traffic this race.

He wouldn't slow down to let me past, and he would not move from the racing line at all. Now, if it we were racing for position, that's fair game. But he was a lap down, and therefore lead lap cars should have the right-of-way. I lost several seconds per lap stuck behind him.

In a real race, he would've been penalized for ignoring blue flags. If not for being stuck behind him, I would've at least had a shot at catching Hey for the lead of the race.

All the evidence is in the saved replay, just after my final pit stop at the end of lap 27. He was also causing problems a few laps before my final stop, as well.

I want to make clear: Lapped cars should let lead-lap cars past. The easiest way to do this, is to get off the racing line and slow down enough to let them easily get through. This will cost no more than 1 or 2 seconds from your lap time.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 221 of 242 (541 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
950 posts

May 24, 2013

This race had the WORST case of poor sportsmanship out of all the races so far.

I was spun out in the first turn, granted the driver also lost time, but made a good recovery.

Instead of giving the position back, he raced on..

I was tick off, and was going to just drop out of the race, but heck, I waited all week to drive with everyone and enjoy the race.

So even though I was Now 45 seconds down,  I raced on..

Then on Lap 15, I passed the Pit's just as this same driver was exiting,  Mid way through that lap, he was banging my back end again  and again,  and just past the Start finish line on Lap 16, He did a Pit maneuver and spun me again..

You know who you are, and you left the Lounge right after the race.

I have zero tolerance for drivers that pull this crap.

And it's not the first race that he's done more than rubbing on the track.

Gojet, I saw the replay, and feel bad that you had to deal with that.  It was a Lapped car, and he held you off and raced like it was for position.

I race using roof Cam, there are no rear views. but I watch the Map, and look back if someone is close..

If it's a race leader, I do my best to get out of the way..

If it's for position, I don't give up my line, you have to find a clean way to go around me..

If you can't do that, use your **bleep** breaks.

If you have the lead going into a turn, I'll give you the right away..

But the crap that happened this race and last race is unsportsman like.

This isn't bumper cars, or spin the car in front of you..

I had it in my mind to sit and wait, and return the favor..  But I'm not going to stoop to your level.

I hope you all have fun next week, I doubt that I'll be joining the race.. 

Wyld

Please use plain text.
Message 222 of 242 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Wyld, I am sorry you feel it was my intent to run you or any one off of the track, now or in the past, that is the farthest from the truth from where I sit.

The first few turns: I was on the outside of you on a different line, you had the inside line, but seemed to want some of my line as well, I am not sure how it is that I pushed you off the track...? Not sure what you are talking about here on this issue I thought maybe you had been pushed and in result I got the push, it sounds like you wanted to put the blame on me. Great man, that is super awesome!   

Out of pit: You did seem to be driving all over the place after the pit you referenced. I was behind you and not trying to hit you, but some how... we kept hitting each other and it appeared to me you lost control and drove off the track, then you spun. (Side note: Usually this will happen when trying to hit people, the hitter always loses control from not paying attention to the road.) I did take full advantage of that since I felt you where intently trying to tag me every time I was near. 

I am sorry if you feel you have been wronged intently. That was not my plan nor did I want it to go down like that. Clean racing is the best racing, but we are racing after all.

Peace out YO!

Lunzar :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 223 of 242 (269 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
950 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Lunzar wrote:

I am sorry if you feel you have been wronged intently. That was not my plan nor did I want it to go down like that. Clean racing is the best racing, but we are racing after all.

Peace out YO!

Lunzar :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your message.

I'll take you on your word that none of it was intentional.  

Someone had asked about LAG and that the cars looked jumpy last night,  

so maybe our proximty and Lag is what resulted in the collisions.

I just know from my car, it seemd like you were on the Attack, any time we were close.

And even watching MY replay, the Lap 16 Pit Manuver, looked just exactly like that..  a precision PIT move.. 

I should have  known from previous LAG issues,  on your Screen, I might not have even been close..

But on My Screen, you Ramed me from behind..  

I guess I shouldn't have let it upset me as much as I did..

it's all good now..  

Enjoy the clips..    

The Pit Move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ydJn-YPZak

Race Start My car

http://youtu.be/uhwwJ5CC5ww

Race Start other car

http://youtu.be/a9R1Z5z_g0U

Please use plain text.
Message 224 of 242 (238 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

May 24, 2013
I just watched the real full length reply and those replays do make me look bad... I should have broke more on that first corner, that was my fault. Sorry man! :smileyhappy: I didn't even have two wheels on the track on that corner. That might be a disqualification/zero points awarded... I will let Wagg make the call. Again... Sorry. End of 15 into 16... Not sure what was going on there. Could have been lag??
Peace :smileyhappy:
Lunzar
Please use plain text.
Message 225 of 242 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
950 posts

May 25, 2013

Lunzar wrote:
I just watched the real full length reply and those replays do make me look bad... I should have broke more on that first corner, that was my fault. Sorry man! :smileyhappy: I didn't even have two wheels on the track on that corner. That might be a disqualification/zero points awarded... I will let Wagg make the call. Again... Sorry. End of 15 into 16... Not sure what was going on there. Could have been lag??
Peace :smileyhappy:
Lunzar

Hey, It's all good...
No Disqualification..  That First corner was totally accidental..   But at the Time,  I took it to heart and was upset..

And who knows about that lap 16 bump..    Since you thought it was clear to turn in, it had to be a lag issue.

And that would also explain all the bumps and bangs around lap 15..

So no wories about it...   

Like I said, I let myself get upset over nothing...

It's all good...

Please use plain text.
Message 226 of 242 (233 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Trial Mountain Results:

Winner:  hey6541

2nd: Gojet-64

3rd: Juan-de-Juarez

4th: peyepete

5th: NoLimitBig

6th: Gilby711

7th: WAGG__da__DOGG

8th: faceman557

9th: RAMJET53

10th: Lunzar

11th: iceandspice*

12th: WyldAnimal

Bonus Points:

Fastest qualifying lap: Gojet-64 ( 1 point )

Most laps lead: hey6541 ( 1 point )

Lead a lap ( 1 point each ) :

Gojet-64

hey6541

peyepete

Juan-de-Juarez

*indicates driver did not use RM during the race

Grats to Gojet for winning the pole and to hey on the win.

I made several self induced mistakes that left a bad taste in my mouth, I went through a couple of chew toys after Trial Mountain :smileywink:

So we had a little drama going on last Thursday. I have handled it via pm. Let's have a good clean finale at Deep Forest next week.

Gojet. Wyld, Lunz - check your private messages when you get a chance.

edit: prizes have been sent out and the points will be updated tomorrow.

Please use plain text.
Message 227 of 242 (224 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

May 26, 2013

Points have been updated. After Trial Mountain hey has a 7 point lead over pete. The challenge winner will come down between those two. Anything can happen in the final race. Good luck hey and pete.

Gojet and face are competing for 3rd. Good luck guys.

5th place through 9th could see some serious changeover depending on how the finale goes. Good luck next week.

Reminder: the concrete pad at Deep Forest can be cut. My reasoning on this is that I have allowed it to be cut in the other series that I've hosted so that's why.

Hope all of you have enjoyed the Acura NSX series. I think after this series I can safely say I have recovered from skid lol or maybe not lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 228 of 242 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2189 posts

May 27, 2013

I'm having a guest staying in the PS3 room right now, so I haven't been able to do any practice there yet.

However, I did want to experiment with something next week: I wanted to try and supply pit strategy information for each race in a series.

I already do this for myself, so by posting that info here, I'll be eliminating my advantage of pit strategy! :smileyvery-happy:

The info provided will include estimated tyre wear, fuel consumption, and pit stop deltas or speed limits. What do you guys think?

Please use plain text.
Message 229 of 242 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2189 posts

May 29, 2013

I was able to get some practice in today. I have to say, that braking/switchback on the concrete before the first tunnel, the car is quite unstable there. Watch out for the cliff face on the back strait, too, lol.

I'm getting low 1:13's in race pace (High fuel). I can probably do a low 1:12 or high 1:11 in qualifying conditions.

Anyway, here's that pit strategy sheet I promised. Even with this, I'm still undecided about what my exact strategy will be.

Acura NSX RM Series: Deep Forest Pit Strategy Info

DISCLAIMER: This information is provided as a general guide. Your car's tyre wear or fuel consumption may differ slightly depending on driving style or setup. Use at your own risk... :smileyhappy:

PIT LANE INFORMATION:

• Speed limit: 47 MPH (75 KPH) (The speed your car trundles at in the pit lane)
  • Entry speed: 110 MPH (175 KPH) (If you enter the pits at a higher speed than this, you will be given a speeding penalty)
  • Pit lane time: ~32 seconds (The time physically spent in the pit lane)
  • Pit lane delta: ~28 seconds (The effective amount of time lost by making a pit stop, including getting back up to speed)

TYRE INFORMATION:

• RS durability: 7-8 laps
  • RM durability: 9-10 laps

FUEL INFORMATION:

• Fuel consumed per lap: ~6.1 liters
  • Fuel consumed over race: ~214 liters
  • Refueling requirement: ~114 liters

Please use plain text.
Message 230 of 242 (84 Views)