Uncharted Territory
1460 posts

Re: Acura NSX RM '91 Challenge

Mar 21, 2013

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Also Wyld mentioned doing a group photo. I think that's a cool idea. After the race is over, we can get back on the track for the photo. Wyld were thinking of a grid lineup type shot or a free run formation kind of photo?

I was thinking a free Formation.

Close Lineup at the Start Finish line.

Maybe all Angled on one of the turns.

And If we can do it,  A Nascar shot,  we can all nose up to a wall and Light them up to make a smoke screen..

Or any other ideas the gang might have.

Make sure to get your race saves befor starting the 2nd 1 lapper.

After everyone has got their save,  Enter and start a quick 1 lapper, but when the race starts we all turn around for the Line up.

Once all the photos are done,  we can finish the lap.

Otherwise there will be no way to Save the replay to get photos.

Message 21 of 242 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Hey guys. I was running 20 laps sprints with Ramjet at his house on the Two Player Arcade.

the first race we were about 15 laps and ram all of a sudden took a sharp right towards the wall in Turn 1.   Then he was having problems keeping the car off the wall and it was bogging down.

then at lap 16 my car all of a sudden took a sharp right hander and my car was doing the same thing. It was trying to turn right.

We had it set to "NO Damage" the whole time.

Then on the next race we Slammed into the wall on lap 4 and then we encountered the same problem.

You know in Nascar when a tire goes on the ovals and they just dart off into the wall, thats what it looked like these things were doing.

I'm smoke to a good race. See you guys tomorrow.

Go #18  Plutonium Bullet.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 22 of 242 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

I was thinking we could do a staggered grid formation for the photo shoot. Like this:

lemans242012_grid.jpg

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 23 of 242 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:

Hey guys. I was running 20 laps sprints with Ramjet at his house on the Two Player Arcade.

the first race we were about 15 laps and ram all of a sudden took a sharp right towards the wall in Turn 1.   Then he was having problems keeping the car off the wall and it was bogging down.

then at lap 16 my car all of a sudden took a sharp right hander and my car was doing the same thing. It was trying to turn right.

We had it set to "NO Damage" the whole time.

Then on the next race we Slammed into the wall on lap 4 and then we encountered the same problem.

You know in Nascar when a tire goes on the ovals and they just dart off into the wall, thats what it looked like these things were doing.

I'm smoke to a good race. See you guys tomorrow.

Go #18  Plutonium Bullet.

That's strange, I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened in a practice yet. Let's hope no one has a Gordon moment tonight.

Reminder: when everyone is pitting tonight, make sure that you get below the yellow line before entering the pits. You don't want to be on the outside and cutting in front of people trying to get into the pit stall. Same with exiting the pits, stay below the yellow line until until you reach turn 2, because the racing line is right there.

Qualify and start the race on RS tires and run at least one full lap on RM tires before lap 68.

Once qualifying is done and I reset the track. Don't run any more laps because we're going to lineup on the grid based on qualifying.

We'll do a group picture right after the race and a preview of next week's race so stick around for that if you want to.

That's all I got lol so thanks again to everyone for signing up and have fun.

edit: Also qualfying starts at 9 pm est and ends at 9:20 pm est. If anyone gets into the lounge after qualifying is over, they'll start in the back. If more than one person gets in after 9:20, then they'll lineup based on who got into the lounge first. The race will start 9:30 pm sharp if everyone is there, and no later than 9:40 pm est if I have recieved a message from someone saying they'll be late.

Message 24 of 242 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1460 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

I was thinking we could do a staggered grid formation for the photo shoot. Like this:

lemans242012_grid.jpg

At first I thought tht was a GT5 pic, but then I don't remember that car in center front, and I see reflections in the glass along pit row.
so I must be an atual photo.

Message 25 of 242 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4693 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Looks like a great series guys. Unfortunately, it's a little late in the evening for me, when I have to work the next day. :smileysad:

Good luck & have fun everyone! :smileyhappy:

Race how you expect to be raced.
There's no need to attend every argument you're invited to...
 photo GT6-GlassSig.png
~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 26 of 242 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Bummer Daletona! We'll make sure to have fun for you. I work right after the races are over but no work in the morning . On second thought , yes I do. Getting, my 2 little ones ready for school is work in itself .
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 27 of 242 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Mar 21, 2013
@Wyld , that car front and center in Gojett's photo is that Nissan Delta Wing. Now that would be a thrill to drive in GT6!
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 28 of 242 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1460 posts

Mar 21, 2013

after lots of testing, seems it's the visible damage that messes it up.

with even slight visible damage the car will for no reason, spin out of control.

with a lot of visible damage top speed is reduced and handling as well.

i also tested mechanical on light and heave with visible off.

both light and heavy work correctly.  Not once did they get stuck on.  heavy damage was cleared in the pits.

so it's either all damage off, both mechanical and visible  or just turn visible off.

Message 29 of 242 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

WyldAnimal wrote:

after lots of testing, seems it's the visible damage that messes it up.

with even slight visible damage the car will for no reason, spin out of control.

with a lot of visible damage top speed is reduced and handling as well.

i also tested mechanical on light and heave with visible off.

both light and heavy work correctly.  Not once did they get stuck on.  heavy damage was cleared in the pits.

so it's either all damage off, both mechanical and visible  or just turn visible off.

Considering that the race starts in two hours, we'll go with all damage off. I'm not online right now so I'm working from memory here: there's two options for damage ( none, light, heavy ) and visible damage ( on, off ) Is that correct? If so we'll use no damage with visible damage off to play it safe. Last thing we want is someone's race ruined by this.

edit: Lounge is up. 70 laps at Motegi Speedway starts at 9:30 pm est. Go Michigan!

Message 30 of 242 (130 Views)
0 Likes