Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 26 2011
By: RoCkStArDoM Wastelander 695 posts

All Pro Enduro GT Series [GT Elite]

48 replies 50 views Edited May 26, 2011

GT Elite is proud to unveil this new high performance GT series to the community. Say hello to the All Pro Enduro. This event is tailored towards the advanced GT enthusiast that thrives on fast paced racing in GT5. The All Pro Enduro will be run on Saturday nights. If you are interested in running this event with GT Elite then feel free to use this thread to get yourself involved.

http://www.eliterevolution.com/sections/gtelite

Event Q&A:

"What does predetermined track selection and per event models mean?"

The host of the All Pro Enduro will announce track location, as well as any vehicle restrictions, a few days in advance before each event takes place. This way interested drivers will have the ability to go out and shop for a vehicle suitable for the event, or perform the proper modifications to meet the requirements. Basically what all this means is that the All Pro Enduro will be ran at alternating track locations with different guidelines for each race.

"What about the endurance racing, how long will these events take?"

Those announcements will also be made by the host on a per event basis. I can say that the average time on track for these events will be around 45 minutes to an hour. We hope drivers enjoy this series and come out with their high performance vehicles to get some great racing in.

"What is GT Elite?"

Gran Turismo Elite is a community for mature adults that seek a well organized group of like minded drivers with the overall goal of enhancing their experience playing Gran Turismo 5. That said, GT Elite is not solely for elite drivers. We welcome all drivers that routinely conduct themselves in an elite fashion both on the track and throughout the GT community so as to further advance our overall goal. We strive hard to ensure this level of conduct among our members is maintained so that both our experience and yours is not tainted. As a participant in GT Elite events you have the freedom to be an everyday contributor or just an occasional. The only thing we require is that drivers conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards others so as not to infringe upon our overall goal within GT Elite. GT Elite members range from college students, to parents, to professional racers, to people in many professions across the world, with the desire to race with other mature and respectful people as the thing that brings us all together.

If anyone is interested in visiting our organization's official home feel free to click on my sig to use the portal there.

Message 44 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
888 posts

Re: All Pro Enduro GT Series [GT Elite]

Jan 15, 2011

Boost or no boost? Driving aids or no driving aids? Will drivers who leave the race early be penalized for other events some how? Just wondering. Thanks Rock. Looking forward to it regardless of any specification concerns.

Message 1 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 16, 2011

Sounds like my kind of race. It does say "All Pro" so i would assume no boost and limited driving aids. I dont see how leaving early would inact any kind of penalty.

btw, nice banner.

Message 2 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
888 posts

Jan 16, 2011

Buderfingers wrote:

Sounds like my kind of race. It does say "All Pro" so i would assume no boost and limited driving aids. I dont see how leaving early would inact any kind of penalty.

btw, nice banner.

I only asked because whenever I'm online, it annoys me when people leave in the middle of the race. It effects the cr and xp earned at the end for everyone. I probably wouldn't give a damn if it didn't effect earnings.

Message 3 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Jan 16, 2011

The regulations will be presented by Redline for this event. I'm pretty sure realistic settings will be implemented for the All Pro Enduro though. Most likely no boost, heavy damage, limited aids, and pit stops. He likes his simulation racing.

Message 4 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Jan 16, 2011

impressive looking race so sign me up for this one. What time will this open on saturdays?

Message 5 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 16, 2011

There will be no boost, and the only driving aids permitted will be ABS for all vehicles and TC for production models. Damage will be on heavy. As the title suggests, this is for those who want the true racing experience. I want it to have the most realistic feel that can be provided by GT5. GT Elite hasn't had many issues with racers leaving mid-race, except perhaps for untimely disconnections, which shouldn't be penalized, in my opinion. If someone exits the race out of frustration, the issue will be dealt with in private.

The regulation race will begin around 9:00 pm EST on Saturdays, with our first event being held Jan 22nd. I will post the regulation details here when I decide what the plan is. My lounge will open about 30 min - 1hr before the race begins for practice and qualifying.

Message 6 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Very cool Redline, I am liking the idea of this event. I await egerly your restrictions so that I may begin practicing for it.

Message 7 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 18, 2011

**Restrictions: Jan 22nd**

453 HP

1360 kg

Tires: unrestricted

IMPORTANT - Time Change

Jan 22nd - Race begins at 4:30 sharp. If you're not in the room,  we'll start without you. I have an obligation that night and another member of GT Elite, who also runs an event on Saturdays, has been very kind to accommodate the time change, so I don't want my event  to run late and interfere with his. The time change applies ONLY to the  22nd.

My intentions for this race are to run production vehicles. 1360 kg is  about 3000 lbs, so many of the cars can be significantly lightened up,  however touring cars and WRC cars will be too light. Below are a few  possibilities that can be found at the Dealership. This is not every  possible car, but it's a good place to start.

Acura NSX

Alfa Romeo 8C

Aston Martin DB9

Audi R8 4.2

BMW Z4 M, M3 Coupe

Chevy Camaro SS, Corvette (C5)

Dodge Challenger, Viper GTS

Ferrari California

Ford Mustang

Infiniti G35

Jag XK Coupe

Lexus IS F

Lotus Espirit V8

Maserati GT S

Mercedes Benz C 63 AMG

Mitsubishi Evo IX, VI, X

Nissan Z's and Skylines

Subaru Imprezza

Future regulations to look forward to: Touring Cars, Super GT, Ferrari Xclusive, 4WD Only, Imprezza vs Evo showdown, Elise Showcase, and more ...

Message 8 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I'm gonna start looking tonight into a couple different car options for the race - count me in!

My Garage http://www.mygranturismo.net/12002
Message 9 of 49 (50 Views)
0 Likes