Treasure Hunter
6684 posts

Re: All Pro Enduro GT Series [GT Elite]

Mar 5, 2011

RoCkStArDoM wrote:

Interesting because I think the PP system is garbage. But that's just my opinion. If you want the PP system to work properly then you need to use a one make/model race. If you have a restriction of 750 pp then one guy's car is going to own while another guy's car is going to be garbage if you leave it open to just any car. I don't have the time to test out 50 different cars to see which one is the best throughout the week. While on the other hand you can't have this exploit at all when the HP and weight restrictions are set. It's easier to find cars and more people come to the event. Why do you think no one showed up last week?

This isn't GT5P..

Don't get discouraged, and just keep after it. I spent a full day this week vetting many cars against each other at this track for a LMP event. The bottom line is that it does take an unbelievable amount of time and effort to properly match cars for any event. While it may seem tedious, if you are keeping notes during the testing, the data you gain will pay off dividends later as well. There is just no " Easy Button" when it comes to organizing top-shelf racing.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 40 of 49 (25 Views)
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Mar 5, 2011

PP system = garbage?  The PP system works great.  Just got to know how to tune your car with it...

Message 41 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 18, 2011

This week Enduro !!!

Monaco 50laps

500hp

1000kg

noRM, no Aero Mods

19:30pm Est

I hope to see you there Rock

Message 42 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Mar 26, 2011

Tonight's All Pro is being run strictly with the Formula GT at Indianapolis. This is an enduro event just like all the other All Pro events so be prepared for some white knuckle action. If anyone wants to join in on this send a PSN FR and you'll get yourself in the door. Green flag drops at 9pm EsT.

@ SWERV & Rated

Yea it's not that bad. Just an ackward transition from someone who didn't get too involved with prologue. The PP system isn't bad at all so I'll have to revert the previous statement of it being garbage. It actually adds a plethra of new aspects to racing out there. I'm kind of wondering what happened with it at launch or why Polyphony left it out back then.

Message 43 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Aug 31, 2011

RedLine682 wrote:

Buder is right. The "All Pro" refers to the fact that the restrictions give it a more professional feel. It's for the driver that wants the most realistic experience that GT5 can offer. Here, damage is heavy, there's no boost, and races are a bit more lengthy. This week, we'll be running our own (much shorter) Le Mans race. This should take about an hour or so.

**restrictions: March 5th**

Cars: Le Mans prototype-style (no open wheel)

Power: 900 hp

Weight: 900kg

Tires: unrestricted

Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (with chicane/weather/time)

Time: TBD

Note that weather and time will be variable for this one, adding another factor of realism. If this type of event interests you, head over to gtelite.guildlaunch.com and fill out an application. Happy Racing!

Actually Im a total SIM lover, heavy damage, no aids, long races, thats the stuff I thrive on. My problem with this and alot of what I see you guys run is it never states in the OP the where/when/what of the race. It just has a disclaimer about announcements "a few days before" the event. I cant really sign up for something, if I dont know what Im signing up for. For example, what is an ENDURO in your opinion, an hour, two? Also what do you guys consider a GT car, if your referring to FIA GT cars then I think this sounds perfect for me. However if your refering to a "general" Grand Tourer (basically any fast car with four seats) well racing street cars doesnt interest me. You guys list LMPs above, which arent really GT cars. I just need more clarity about the "what/when" info before I could commit, maybe you guys can point me at that stuff, I like the "all pro" difficulty idea and want to support it?

Message 45 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 2, 2011

When this starts back up, Im down. Any car class doesnt matter. (looks like it changes). I like the diversity.

@yazootoo: When these series run theyre usually on the same day and time every week. As for the restrictions, I think its a good idea to only give a few days heads up so that nobody gets to big of a jump on everyone else that cant spend forever on setups. I always have good, clean and fun races with everyone at GT Elite.

Message 46 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Sep 2, 2011

yozootoo wrote:

RedLine682 wrote:

Buder is right. The "All Pro" refers to the fact that the restrictions give it a more professional feel. It's for the driver that wants the most realistic experience that GT5 can offer. Here, damage is heavy, there's no boost, and races are a bit more lengthy. This week, we'll be running our own (much shorter) Le Mans race. This should take about an hour or so.

Note that weather and time will be variable for this one, adding another factor of realism. If this type of event interests you, head over to gtelite.guildlaunch.com and fill out an application. Happy Racing!

Actually Im a total SIM lover, heavy damage, no aids, long races, thats the stuff I thrive on. My problem with this and alot of what I see you guys run is it never states in the OP the where/when/what of the race. It just has a disclaimer about announcements "a few days before" the event. I cant really sign up for something, if I dont know what Im signing up for. For example, what is an ENDURO in your opinion, an hour, two? Also what do you guys consider a GT car, if your referring to FIA GT cars then I think this sounds perfect for me. However if your refering to a "general" Grand Tourer (basically any fast car with four seats) well racing street cars doesnt interest me. You guys list LMPs above, which arent really GT cars. I just need more clarity about the "what/when" info before I could commit, maybe you guys can point me at that stuff, I like the "all pro" difficulty idea and want to support it?

This event is currently back in the developmental stages.  The members of GT Elite have something special brewing and are working out details so when this event comes back it will be what the community expects from us.  The "All Pro" didn't mean you have to be a pro driver it's used just symbolize the setting for the races require a more serious and competive style.  Each week there would be different specs or requirements as well as different types of cars.  Some LMP but would also do One make races where everyone had the same car.  Our "enduros" were planned to last one hour.  Stay tuned though becasue this event is coming back.

Yozootoo you should check out our Thursday at the Track event or Slow Mo Mondays.  Mondays are more casual fun races yet still competitive and Thursdays is when we pick up the pace a bit.  Feel free to click on my sig and check out our website.  And If you want to come race with us one night send me a friend request and we can make that happen too.

Message 47 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Sep 2, 2011

BigFluffy10000 wrote:

yozootoo wrote:

RedLine682 wrote:

This event is currently back in the developmental stages.  The members of GT Elite have something special brewing and are working out details so when this event comes back it will be what the community expects from us.  The "All Pro" didn't mean you have to be a pro driver it's used just symbolize the setting for the races require a more serious and competive style.  Each week there would be different specs or requirements as well as different types of cars.  Some LMP but would also do One make races where everyone had the same car.  Our "enduros" were planned to last one hour.  Stay tuned though becasue this event is coming back.

Yozootoo you should check out our Thursday at the Track event or Slow Mo Mondays.  Mondays are more casual fun races yet still competitive and Thursdays is when we pick up the pace a bit.  Feel free to click on my sig and check out our website.  And If you want to come race with us one night send me a friend request and we can make that happen too.

Cool thanks fluffy I will check it out. It seems you guys run a "series" based on a feel not so much a rule set. So an "all pro enduro series" would mean long races with no adis. Its not a series in the sense of GT3 or F1 or a specific PP point. Its not a series of races for a particular car class, I think thats what was confusing me. Thanks for the clarification and I will certainly check some of these out.

Message 48 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Sep 2, 2011

Exactly, it's a change of pace all the time yet with the same simulation settings, hence the "All Pro" title. Not really anything specific just high end cars with competitive competition, no assists. I actually would love to see a comeback tour with the All pro and if anyone has any suggestions for one to get things going I'd be more than willing to host with my connection.

Pay no attention to the title underneath my avatar.

Message 49 of 49 (25 Views)
0 Likes