Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: All Pro Enduro GT Series [GT Elite]

Jan 18, 2011

Cant wait man! This event has some big potential in the future.

Message 10 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
888 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I know you said 4:30, but what time zone are you referring to? Thanks. Also, I don't think the C8 or the DB9 will work because after a few laps, they will be over 453hp even if you don't do the oil change.

Message 11 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jan 19, 2011

SiLeNtMuRK14 wrote:

I know you said 4:30, but what time zone are you referring to? Thanks. Also, I don't think the C8 or the DB9 will work because after a few laps, they will be over 453hp even if you don't do the oil change.

RedLine682 posted it already... "The regulation race will begin around 9:00 pm EST on Saturdays..." except for the time change on the 22nd

EST stands for Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)

My Garage http://www.mygranturismo.net/12002
Message 12 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
888 posts

Jan 19, 2011

@dingo - I missed that ha. My bad.

@redline - word, but i was just trying to warn people that you can't straight up go buy those cars and race in the event.

I'm excited for this event. I've got my car chosen and I think it's going to be very tough to hang with. Any idea when the track will be announced? Or, will we have to wait and see?

Message 13 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 19, 2011

Yep, all races sanctioned by GT Elite refer to EST, so on the 22nd, the green flag will drop at 4:30 pm EST. Also, some of the cars I listed will tend to go over the HP limit during the "break-in" period, but they will also begin to drop back down after this. Some people may have a heavily raced 8C (or other) that has dropped HP. It is a good note, though. If there is a car you'd like to race with that is very close, then I suggest you beat the crap out of the engine so that the HP doesn't go up on you just before the race, haha.

Message 14 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Jan 20, 2011

Acura NSX

Alfa Romeo 8C

Aston Martin DB9

Audi R8 4.2

BMW Z4 M, M3 Coupe

Chevy Camaro SS, Corvette (C5)

Dodge Challenger, Viper GTS

Ferrari California

Ford Mustang

Infiniti G35

Jag XK Coupe

Lexus IS F

Lotus Espirit V8

Maserati GT S

Mercedes Benz C 63 AMG

Mitsubishi Evo IX, VI, X

Nissan Z's Skylines

Subaru Imprezza

Thanks for the list Red, this will definitely help get some people started in their search to meet this week's requirements.

Message 15 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 20, 2011

I think I will announce a track on Friday, but everyone will have to sit tight until then. I'm really pumped for this event!

Message 16 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jan 21, 2011

Saturday's race will take place at Grand Valley Speedway. The green flag will drop at 4:30 sharp! This will be a 30 lap race, which will probably take about an hour or so. My lounge will be open as early as possible (hopefully at least 30 min prior) for practice, tuning, and qualifying laps.

Some things to keep in mind:

**Tires are unrestricted so choose wisely. Pit strategy will be important, as you will probably have to make at least one stop.

**This is a long race. You don't need to win it within the first lap. Practice smart overtaking. Don't ruin the fun for yourself or those around you by trying to squeeze into holes you can't fit into.

**Boost will be off and damage will be on high, so race carefully and maintain a steady pace. The harder you push, the more likely you are to make a mistake, costing yourself or someone else a lot of time and aggravation.

**Most importantly ... Have fun! This isn't a championship series. If your car sucks or if you make a mistake, there's always next week.

For those who aren't members of GT Elite but would still like to participate, please friend request me (RedLine682) with some mention of this event ASAP. The event will be run in my private lounge to minimize the chance of someone getting disconnected mid-race.

I can't wait to see what everyone brings to the track! Good times will ensue.

Message 17 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Jan 21, 2011

SiLeNtMuRK14 wrote:

@dingo - I missed that ha. My bad.

@redline - word, but i was just trying to warn people that you can't straight up go buy those cars and race in the event.

I'm excited for this event. I've got my car chosen and I think it's going to be very tough to hang with. Any idea when the track will be announced? Or, will we have to wait and see?

What ya bringin to the race?

My Garage http://www.mygranturismo.net/12002
Message 18 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Jan 22, 2011

I can't wait to run the first All Pro. I need to find some cars that will be competitive. I was too busy with licensing to get any shopping done earlier though. i'll definitely have something worked up when the time comes, and hopefully whatever it is will get me a podium finish.

Message 19 of 49 (101 Views)
0 Likes