Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 11/09/2010
Offline
478 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 8/30)

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

hey wyld,  Forgot to mention about the tire wear update.   RS tires dont last as they used to .. oh yeah running high cam  values more tire wears out.  You probably need to readjust and fine tune the suspension settings of your cars Smiley LOL

Message 61 of 271 (373 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/28/2010
Offline
1621 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 8/30)

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

What a disaster it was for me.
Great fun for sure, but I don't know what happened.
Practice laps were ok, I was 1.19 - 1.13,  Not really competative, but ok.

 

Then the race started,  I couldn't get around the first turn.  some how my tires got switched to sport hards.
changed them to RS in the pits,  already Down 1 lap, and only 2 laps into the race.

 

tires went away quick.  Pitted new tires.

 then on Lap 14, hit the grass comming around last corner before start finish line.

Slid off and smacked the wall hard.

thought I was going to stay in the grass, but car went into Rvs,

back **bleep** the track right in front of Pete.

 

back  a c r o s s the track in front of Pete. ( why the bleep on that word?) 

 

Sorry Pete, didn't do it, I swear...

 

but Pete took heavy damage, and that might have cost him the race...

 

So I packed it in for the night..

 

I did have fun. It's been a long time..  I'll have to re-learn how to tune the cars again, and get in some more practice.

 

 




Message 62 of 271 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/12/2011
Offline
576 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 8/30)

Sep 14, 2012

i could see you were going to throw the car into a spin before you ever went into that turn wyld.  i just waited for you to loose it and i powered by.  checked the mirror and said yup,  thats a REALLY bad place to be parked.  i didnt see Pete but you tho  i thinki was about 10 seconds up on him at that point.

im not sure why everyone else had bad tire wear.  i went 11 laps on my second stint.  i could go 10 all day by my self but only 9 when racing with someone.

ice you slowing down might have been my **bleep** a long week of testing some interesting cars out on this track

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 63 of 271 (352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
827 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 8/30)

Sep 14, 2012

@ Wyld, no problems mate, these things happen.

 

I saw you sliding backwards, and thought I could get between you and the pit wall...no chance, I hit the end of the pit wall so hard I nearly fell out of my seat LOL.

 

 

 

 


Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 64 of 271 (345 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/09/2010
Offline
478 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 8/30)

Sep 14, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

i could see you were going to throw the car into a spin before you ever went into that turn wyld.  i just waited for you to loose it and i powered by.  checked the mirror and said yup,  thats a REALLY bad place to be parked.  i didnt see Pete but you tho  i thinki was about 10 seconds up on him at that point.

im not sure why everyone else had bad tire wear.  i went 11 laps on my second stint.  i could go 10 all day by my self but only 9 when racing with someone.

ice you slowing down might have been my **bleep** a long week of testing some interesting cars out on this track


 yeah  in the racing excitement i forgot there is still one more lap to go.  so far i have tested 9 cars and use one which is more fun to drive

Message 65 of 271 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
2197 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 9/13 @ Deep Forest )

Sep 14, 2012

Hey guys. I would like to recommend to check out Whitey's Roadster TC Series. Those cars are crazy fun to drive. Hope to see some of you there tommorow.

 

Unless my internet dies again, lol.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 66 of 271 (330 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/14/2010
Offline
2171 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 9/13 @ Deep Forest )

Sep 15, 2012

Good race last Thursday. Thanks for racing guys and grats to Ken. I have sent out the prizes this morning and later on today I will update the thread.

 

Wyld - yeah this game has changed a lot since you have last raced, specifically in how the tires wear down faster. Anyways glad to see you back on the track again and hope to see you in some more races.

 

ice - oh man I have done that before lol. I could see that someone was parked on the start/finish line but I didn't know it was you till I came up over the hill.

 

Gojet - Sucks you got disconnected again. By the time you got back online we were on lap 7 or 8.

 

Next week we have 49 laps at High Speed Ring.

Message 67 of 271 (312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/09/2010
Offline
478 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 9/13 @ Deep Forest )

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Good race last Thursday. Thanks for racing guys and grats to Ken. I have sent out the prizes this morning and later on today I will update the thread.

 

Wyld - yeah this game has changed a lot since you have last raced, specifically in how the tires wear down faster. Anyways glad to see you back on the track again and hope to see you in some more races.

 

ice - oh man I have done that before lol. I could see that someone was parked on the start/finish line but I didn't know it was you till I came up over the hill.

 

Gojet - Sucks you got disconnected again. By the time you got back online we were on lap 7 or 8.

 

Next week we have 49 laps at High Speed Ring.



It was fun race with you wagg,   I had a conservative lsd ( almost diff lock) and suspension setup to keep the tail happy Mclaren F1 stable in DFR.  Also had TC set to 5   saved me a few spins, was able to catch the car  when rear stepped out.   Points are really closed up now.

 

Message 68 of 271 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/14/2010
Offline
2171 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 9/13 @ Deep Forest )

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

 

 

ice - Yeah I had a lot of fun too. The McLaren I was using kept trying to spin after the second tunnel.  That's where I lost it almost every single lap once the tires had 3 or 4 laps on them. Too much oversteer I think lol.

 

edit: watching the replay now. I didn't realize how ugly my ride was lol.

Message 69 of 271 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/09/2010
Offline
478 posts
 

Re: Exotic Touring Series - Season 3 - ( 9/13 @ Deep Forest )

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

 

 

ice - Yeah I had a lot of fun too. The McLaren I was using kept trying to spin after the second tunnel.  That's where I lost it almost every single lap once the tires had 3 or 4 laps on them. Too much oversteer I think lol.

 

edit: watching the replay now. I didn't realize how ugly my ride was lol.



I thought your  lime green car was a tactial ploy to distract other drivers Smiley Wink

 

And it worked, you finshed  in podium Smiley Very Happy

Message 70 of 271 (278 Views)
Reply
0 Likes