Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
951 posts

Re: FGT Championship Series - Indy Road Course ( Feb 6th )

Feb 5, 2013
Yeah, you are correct Juan. You can not have a chassis reinforcement on the car. Matter of fact you can not tune anything on the car what-so-ever. I found that out also. One can not tune suspension, transmission, down force, etc. I have extra FGT's if you need to borrow one . Because once you put a chassis reinforcement on it can not be undone. So let me know and I can get one to you by 1:30 west coast time.
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 31 of 202 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Yeah, you are correct Juan. You can not have a chassis reinforcement on the car. Matter of fact you can not tune anything on the car what-so-ever. I found that out also. One can not tune suspension, transmission, down force, etc. I have extra FGT's if you need to borrow one . Because once you put a chassis reinforcement on it can not be undone. So let me know and I can get one to you by 1:30 west coast time.

I should have put that into the first post. Everything must be default. Only things that can be changed are the hp to 502, and brake balance. Weight is stock.

Juan if you need me to I can send you a level 24 ticket that you can flip for an ( a? lol ) FGT. If you borrow a car you can't take it into a lounge far as I know. That might have change with the last update.

Message 32 of 202 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
951 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I have to admit that after 2 years of playing the game. How does one send a "level numbered " ticket ?

Plus I didn't realize that tuning prohibited on a car such as the FGT . Which has all the things required for a race car . That you couldn't touch anything but the brake balance. I always thought it was for the cars that you could put tuned parts on .
Not complaining at all mind you. Because this is gonna be a fun series and it is all depends on how hard you drive this thing in and out of the turns.
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 33 of 202 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
I have to admit that after 2 years of playing the game. How does one send a "level numbered " ticket ?

Plus I didn't realize that tuning prohibited on a car such as the FGT . Which has all the things required for a race car . That you couldn't touch anything but the brake balance. I always thought it was for the cars that you could put tuned parts on .
Not complaining at all mind you. Because this is gonna be a fun series and it is all depends on how hard you drive this thing in and out of the turns.

Next to your garage icon you'll see one called Items, click that and then scroll down to tickets. Select which ticket you want to gift and then hit triangle and then choose the person you want to send the ticket to. Without actually looking at my screen that's my best recall of how to do it lol.

Lounge is now open. 35 laps at Indy Road Course. See you guys there.

edit: Also just a reminder, keep two wheels on the track at all times. If a pass is made while going outside the track boundaries, give that spot back.

Message 34 of 202 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Okay, I need some logic here.

I don't really care about the series anymore. I need to know why Wagg decided to boot me out of his series.

I wanted to race here. But I wasn't allowed to, because I'm not allowed to use the irremovable chassis reinforcement.

I said 1 thing after the race started. 1.

Did I say anything after that? No

Did I try to cause any disturbance? No
Did I make immature posts on the chat board? No

Did I ask any unreasonable questions? No

Did I call anyone a crying baby? No

Did I request anyone be kicked out of the race? No

Did I say I disliked the whole series? No

Did I try message spamming after being booted? No

Did I come here to yell with an immature, angry, all-caps post? No

And yet, Wagg decided to boot me off his friend list. I only boot people like that if they act at Ken-level immaturity.

I fail to understand how prohibiting tuning is to help the series, in any way shape or form. We can still adjust the suspension, transmission, and differential. So I fail to understand how this restriction is supposed to "balance" the field.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 35 of 202 (249 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
951 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I believe it is because you showed utter disrespect that it was Wagg's series. His set up regulations . We "all" knew that . You also disrespected all your other friends as well.
Plus, no you could not tune any part of the FGT either. They were all waiting for you to get another car but you didn't . Hopefully next time you will be prepared.

Who said it?
Message 36 of 202 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Okay, I need some logic here.

I don't really care about the series anymore. I need to know why Wagg decided to boot me out of his series.

I wanted to race here. But I wasn't allowed to, because I'm not allowed to use the irremovable chassis reinforcement.

I said 1 thing after the race started. 1.

Did I say anything after that? No

Did I try to cause any disturbance? No
Did I make immature posts on the chat board? No

Did I ask any unreasonable questions? No

Did I call anyone a crying baby? No

Did I request anyone be kicked out of the race? No

Did I say I disliked the whole series? No

Did I try message spamming after being booted? No

Did I come here to yell with an immature, angry, all-caps post? No

And yet, Wagg decided to boot me off his friend list. I only boot people like that if they act at Ken-level immaturity.

I fail to understand how prohibiting tuning is to help the series, in any way shape or form. We can still adjust the suspension, transmission, and differential. So I fail to understand how this restriction is supposed to "balance" the field.

Grats to face on the win. Ken was either kicked or left before the timer ran out so tomorrow I will review the replay to try to determine where he finished. Prizes will be sent out tomorrow after I determine the final finishing positions.

@Gojet - Tuning prohibited has been posted from the start. Chassis reinforcement is not allowed. Sorry if your car did not meet the regs of these settings.  I deleted you because I felt I had no choice because of the constant questioning of how the series was set up. You mentioned that you were ashamed of me, I am ashamed I had to delete someone I've known for a long time in GT5 because you were being disruptive. I wanted this series to be fun. I thought no tuning would help balance the field a bit. I'm sorry you won't be able to participate any longer. I don't want this debate to linger in this thread so any further comments you have please pm me.

Message 37 of 202 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Feb 7, 2013

The race turned out way better than I planed, I was able to pull away and extend tire life at the same time. Give a shout out to everyone for a great race.

@ wagg I'm fairly sure that ken crossed the line in 6th place then left on his own, I believe he was -2:45.xxx.

@ gojet Everyone else was preperated for the race, it was clearly worded no tuning. Though I don't always agree with ken's smart@Ssedness, it was warranted, maybe even more as I was even getting pi$$ed.

You had ample time to get a new car. Anyone else woulda left got another car came back. That was neither the time or place to be questioning the rule package, shoulda showed up for the practice race last week. What more logic do you need?

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 38 of 202 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Feb 7, 2013

yes,  i got 6th.  i ran it out of gas racing F1 an limped around.  looked like nolimitbig had the same problem as i passed him moments before the line.  i HAD to get out asap.  we have league heat races at 10:00pm for the NASCAR series on that game on wednesday nights and it was already 10:05. Wasn't mad wasnt upset, i liked the series.  took me about half the race to get the feel for GT5 back lol!

Gajet all im going to say is that i left the room at 9:03 to do an oil change, came back in at 9:06... you could have got a new FGT and done a change in about an extra minute.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 39 of 202 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1125 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

I think this was a great start to the series.
It was a lot of fun, and the Prohibit tuning, really even the filed as far as cars were concerned.

I wanted to correct Gojet-64 on what he wrote.

No, you can not adjust anything but the Limiter for HP.

It's prohibited by the game when Tuning is Disallowed.

You can't adjust Suspension, you can't tune the transmission, or the differentials.

So it makes every car an even playing field, everone has the same car.

And that is what this series is about. 

Driver vs. Driver,  Tire selection, Pit choices, Manual vs. Automatic,  No Aids vs. Driver aids.

I was hoping that Gojet would have used the time he had to go to the OCD and buy a new FGT.

There was enough time to get the car and do the oil change.
That is the same car everyone else had, Stock with an oil change, HP limit set to 502.

One or two other participants also ran into the chassis upgrade situation, and had to get a new car..
One of them being me.. But I found that out through practice before race day.

Message 40 of 202 (195 Views)
0 Likes