Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Re: FGT Championship Series - Indy Road Course ( Feb 6th )

Feb 7, 2013

Good race last night guys, grats again to face on the win. I reviewed the replay and wow, a lot of close racing. I had good battles with Wyld and Ken. On my second pit stop the game told me to take 8 liters of fuel, I took 16 to be on the safe side and I still had to pit again on lap 34 to get more fuel. Next week we are racing at Spa, 26 laps.

Results:

Winner:  faceman557

2nd: F1Cheetor

3rd: WyldAnimal

4th: WAGG__da__DOGG

5th: eciracing

6th: L_Keniston_13K

7th: NoLimitBig

8th: Juan-de-Juarez

9th: Ramjet53

Bonus points:

Fastest qualifying lap: faceman557 1:12.302 ( 1 point )

Most laps led: faceman557 ( 1 point )

Lead a lap : eciracing ( 1 point )

I have sent out the prizes for last night's race. Tomorrow I will update the thread on the first page with the updated standings. Thanks for racing and see you next week at Spa.

Message 41 of 202 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Feb 8, 2013

First off, Great Race. Tyre Strategies where running rampant. But it looked like some of us had like a 5-6 stop race...lol good times.

I was definately disapointed that i ran out of gas, TWICE. I went in and it only gave me 8 liters and it gave me only 1/4 of a tank. No where near enough. I pit later and had my crew pump 15 liters. I had a little over 1/4 of a tank with 5 laps to go. Still not enough! 

12 laps to go i pit with no intention to stop again but the fuel definately took me by surprise. Man..i was in 3rd could have easily finished  there or in 5th(where i started).
Indy Road is one of my weakest most hated tracks but SPA..fhahaahaha as eci found out its going to be a battle like we've had in the FF sereies excecpt we're flying at 200mph. Looking forward to this race guys.

You guys want to practice on sunday? or another day idk we should work it out. I really like to have traffic practice before the race beause running Q laps and race laps w/traffic is WAY different. And its a drafting track.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 42 of 202 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 9, 2013

How about Tuesday at say 7 or 8 est? This weekend the only racing I can do is tomorrow night in the Sunday series and Monday I got to watch The Following. If the preview race is any indication I need to run laps at Spa badly lol.

btw The Walking Dead returns tomorrow night  :smileysurprised:

Message 43 of 202 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: FGT Championship Series - Spa ( Feb 13th )

Feb 9, 2013

Hey wagg, i'm going to have to question the points, lol, for  clarification.

Should I not have 18 points?

15 FTW, 1 for pole, 1 most laps lead and 1 for leading a lap.

See what i'm saying here, kinda makes leading the most laps pointless, if you don't get that extra bonus point.

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 44 of 202 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 9, 2013

No you're right. I should have added that bonus point. Will do that now. My bad.

Message 45 of 202 (209 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
950 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Hey Juan , There is a good chance that I will be running Spa today for strategy tire and fuel consumption. I will let you know depending if my day goes according to plan .
I was happy with 2nd. However , I believe I took on too much fuel which kept me in the pits too long and put Face too far ahead of me. Which by the way. Great run Faceman !
This race will help me with my Ferrari F1 race as far as how much fuel to take on.
Anyway , About practice Juan. I will keep you informed .
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 46 of 202 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

So the FGTCS has an unofficial practice session set for Tuesday (tomorrow). Open to all. I think we shall do it around 8 pm EST. I can't make it earlier than that but 8 is perfect for me.

Who ever decides to enitiate the practice session please do so in Wagg's room. So that the usuals can get in with no problem. (unless we open an open louge room).

I'll be doing tyre testing tonight so i might see some of you today.

Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 47 of 202 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I'll have the lounge up by 7:30 est or so. I can race til about 9 est and then I gotta go but we can still run a few practice races from 8 to 9 pm.

Message 48 of 202 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
950 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Wow, I am pretty fired up going into this race at Spa. L_k did a dang good job sticking to my draft and vice-versa. Didn't realize I was on RM's in practice till I pitted.

Anyway, off topic now. Hey Wagg , you came to mind the begging of this week when I was looking through my Yahoo web page news regarding The Walking Dead. Saw that it set a new anticipated series ratings record . And was wondering if you had seen that? Lol, and to think you are one fan that contributed to that.
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Message 49 of 202 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Hello WAGG, i was wondering if i could maybe join in tonight if i get home early enough? i prolly won't be able to race all events, but this one sound pretty fun. i have had no practice, and haven't driven these cars much at all, but i race clean.  

Message 50 of 202 (154 Views)
0 Likes