Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: FGT Championship Series - Spa ( Feb 13th )

Feb 14, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Bummer Wagg! Want to do a "do over?" Of course face man and hey*** can keep their points. Because what has me confused is that I was 2nd quickest (for that sake of grid position ) and I was close to last when the race started. Was it because I was in the pits ? Never had that happen. Because everyone else seemed where they supposed to be.
Just asking.

After you lay down a "hot lap" you need to stay on the track. Once you leave the track your time basically gets cleared. It's been like this for a long long time now. If you do leave the track, you must re-qualify with another "hot lap".  I was wondering why you started back there too, but now it makes sense. 

Great racing with you all again. Thanks...congrats to Face, Hey and Gojet on the podium spots. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 71 of 202 (198 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Well there you have it. After all this time I honestly did not know that . I thought it was saved or kept. Always wondered why that happened to me. No one bothered letting me on on the clue. Then " Duh ", I never put 2 & 2 together .

Plus I gave third away on the beginning of the last lap. Oh the agony! Well , thanks for that bit of knowledge Mr. T.

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 72 of 202 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 14, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Bummer Wagg! Want to do a "do over?" Of course face man and hey*** can keep their points. Because what has me confused is that I was 2nd quickest (for that sake of grid position ) and I was close to last when the race started. Was it because I was in the pits ? Never had that happen. Because everyone else seemed where they supposed to be.
Just asking.

Redoing the race isn't an option because it seems that no one else had issues last night so we will still race at Monza next week.

Obviously this series hasn't gotten off to the start I had thought it would for the first two races lol.

I'll review the replay when I get home tonight and try to get the prizes out later on today.

Thanks for racing guys.

Message 73 of 202 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 14, 2013

good fun guys, thanks for letting me join. i do have a question however. were those super fast laps run with low fuel onboard? i sure hope so cause i'm never off the pace, especially 2 seconds, even if i never drive those cars,  if not then i'm slower then i thought lol. great job faceman, it looks like the 2 stop strategy was better then the 1 stop. you could push harder, instead of having to conserve the tires. i was hoping to give you a good race, but starting at the back and having to work through traffic ( some not so friendly as expected) let you and a few other guys build a pretty tough lead to overcome.

f1 and i had had some fun laps till he all of a sudden lost pace. what happened by the way? i turned looked back and you were gone.

hopefully i'l get to join you all next week for monza.

Message 74 of 202 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I was surprised to see you (hey) not able to qualify a lil faster. I'm guessing the 1:49 was set with low fuel and Faceman did say he was destroying the tires while running those laps. Btw, did you end up using SRF in the race hey?
Message 75 of 202 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I  did use sfr, still didn't care for it though. i know i was braking to much into all the higher speed turns, i'll chalk it up to never driving that type of car. i'm the same with f1's, i just don't drive them. which is why this series peaked my intrest. i figured the only way to get comfortable with them is to race fast people with them.

i was able to get mid 51's with full tank of gas, it didn't even dawn on me to try it with a near empty tank. most the other leagues i run are 3-5 lap q sessions. gosh now that would explain why i was off pace with a group that i'm normally not just recently. lol, i'm not so very smart it seems.

Message 76 of 202 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Lol. Well I can tell you that the guys from this group are very fast. I've had great races with Faceman in the past. It was fun racing with all of them again.
Message 77 of 202 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

Re: FIG Championship Series - Spa ( Feb 13th )

Feb 14, 2013

@hey,

I had a blast racing with you so close there hey. Kept me on top of my game! Plus I did lose the pace for you pushed me that much harder to stay in front. I didn't realize how hard I was being on my front tires so at the point where you saw me fall off the pace. I was conserving what I had to get to the first pit stop. I also appreciated and gained respect for you on how you minimized contact into the turns. Lets me know that you were aware of the approaches and your limit on making a move. We did have one contact that seemed to slow you down. Just know that I didn't do anything deliberately to cause that. In fact I even slowed down momentarily so as not to take advantage of that. What a blast!

@tguns,

I was doing my best to catch up with you and gojet for position. Then I saw you were running on fumes. Just know that was not the way I wanted to pass you, lol. Maybe next race. I was closing in on gojet but I slipped it into turn 1 on the last lap. No dought I would have passed him for position too. But, it isn't over till the fat lady sings and she sang for me coming out of turn 1.

As for lap time. I thought and was hoping I had faceman on that track for the extra bonus point. I had a 1:50.3XX. I got that time on a 1/4 of a tank and really hard on the tires as faceman had mentioned. I am pretty sure I pushed him to beat that time. Good job faceman.

Oh, and don't feel bad on the "not very smart" thing there hey. How about when tguns broke the news to me when leaving the track and basically erased my qualifying time for position. Talk about not so smart!

Zoom, Zoom!

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 78 of 202 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 14, 2013

lol, then i'm in good company.

Message 79 of 202 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Was another good race, my plan was to "vettle it" on the start, to get outa the drs zone, (the draft). That put me on the 2 stop strategy, whitch was clearly faster, and I just drove my own race. Props to everyone on a good race.

@wagg I do recall having a problem before when you were not the host of your own room, but don't be to hard on yourself.

@hey 149s lite 148.9 was possible though and mid 150s heavy You were bad fast, and right on "race pace"  however.

@f1 We found out about the qualifying last year, it keeps your time but not your position for whatever reason. If you leave the track to change setup or what not, be sure to give yourself time to run that same lap time again.

I also believe if you change from softs to hards in the pit before the race you will start on whatever tires you chose in the pits. You may want to double check this first, just to be sure, but I think thats how it works.

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 80 of 202 (150 Views)
0 Likes