Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Re: FIG Championship Series - Spa ( Feb 13th )

Feb 14, 2013

faceman557 wrote:

Was another good race, my plan was to "vettle it" on the start, to get outa the drs zone, (the draft). That put me on the 2 stop strategy, whitch was clearly faster, and I just drove my own race. Props to everyone on a good race.

@hey 149s lite 148.9 was possible though and mid 150s heavy You were bad fast, and right on "race pace"  however.

it really was a good race, i always get nervous when entering a new group, i'm happy to say i found another good one. now that i realized we can run low fuel, i should prolly be a bit more competetive for q time. which is always better for staying outta trouble. if i recall it's about 2 or so seconds faster empty vrs. full.

Message 81 of 202 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: FGT Championship Series - Monza ( Feb 20th )

Feb 14, 2013

I'd say we don't need to do redo the race. But then again, that's coming from the guy who gained 3 places from other drivers' fuel misfortunes.

My speed is clearly not comparable to any other drivers in this series. The only reason I finished 3rd was because I never crashed or ran out of fuel. Indeed, my fastest lap was the 3rd slowest out of everyone. (1:53.5)

I also managed to lead for an entire lap. However, I will not be able to get the "lap lead" bonus point. I tried staying out for an extra lap than Hey, in order to get that lap-lead point. However, face caught me up by 4 seconds in one lap (Proving my poor driving skills). I would have stayed out for another lap, so I could cross the line first (And get the extra point), but I didn't have enough fuel to go an extra lap.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 82 of 202 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Results:

Winner: faceman557

2nd: hey6541

3rd: Gojet-64

4th: F1Cheetor

5th: tguns16

6th: Ramjet53

7th: NoLimitBig

8th: L_Keniston_13K

9th: Juan-de-Juarez

10th: Tacos_de_Pyton

11th: WAGG__da__DOGG

Bonus Points:

Fastest qualifying lap: faceman557 1:49.425 ( 1 point )

Most laps led: faceman557 ( 1 point )

Lead a lap: faceman557 ( 1 point )

hey6541 ( 1 point )

Face dominated last night. Good job and there were a lot of close battles I saw while reviewing the replay. If I can I will get the prizes sent out tonight. Tomorrow I will update the standings.

Reminder: Next week we are at Monza ( chicanes ) for 31 laps. Two tires on the track at all times, no cutting any chicanes. Should be a good race. See you guys next week.

Message 83 of 202 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Yeah Gojet I was ready to tally up a lap lead for you but face crossed the line just before you did ( can't remember what lap that was ) .

Message 84 of 202 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

I'd say we don't need to do redo the race. But then again, that's coming from the guy who gained 3 places from other drivers' fuel misfortunes.

My speed is clearly not comparable to any other drivers in this series. The only reason I finished 3rd was because I never crashed or ran out of fuel. Indeed, my fastest lap was the 3rd slowest out of everyone. (1:53.5)

I also managed to lead for an entire lap. However, I will not be able to get the "lap lead" bonus point. I tried staying out for an extra lap than Hey, in order to get that lap-lead point. However, face caught me up by 4 seconds in one lap (Proving my poor driving skills). I would have stayed out for another lap, so I could cross the line first (And get the extra point), but I didn't have enough fuel to go an extra lap.

you don't lack in speed at all. remember there will always be someone faster, but speed means nothing if you can't finish the race. it doesn't matter how you finished 3rd, you did finish 3rd. strategy is just as important as the drive itself, and your strategy was spot on. i t's hard to tell if 1 stop or 2 stops was better. i have a feeling that if i was up front with face from the beginning that it would have been a toss up for the win, he would have had fresher tires, but with the draft in this cursed game all i'd have to do is stay in touch, pull ahead and keep him from using the new tires. that woulda been the plan anyway.

as for the 4 second gain per lap, remember your tires were nearly gone, and his were still fresh.

Message 85 of 202 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Also, I believe Gojet did not use SRF. I'm almost positve of that because I know he despises that assist. And when he does win (which happens a lot) his comment reads something like..."see, you can win without SRF" or somethin like that. So I would think that he did not use it because if he won, his comment wouldn't make sense. I should have finished 3rd but mistakes happen and I ran outta fuel. No biggie, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 86 of 202 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 14, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

Also, I believe Gojet did not use SRF. I'm almost positve of that because I know he despises that assist. And when he does win (which happens a lot) his comment reads something like..."see, you can win without SRF" or somethin like that. So I would think that he did not use it because if he won, his comment wouldn't make sense. I should have finished 3rd but mistakes happen and I ran outta fuel. No biggie, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. 

you are correct, he was the only one that didn't.

Message 87 of 202 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Feb 14, 2013
So based on that fact, he finished what, 50 seconds back? That's averaging less than 2 seconds a lap off pace but, SRF also helps tire wear tremendously so I would say Gojet ran one h-ell of a race. As usual.
 photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 88 of 202 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Hey WAGG, I just remembered something. Looking at past posts I noticed you said that this series was short because you had another in mind. Will it be longer? If so I have an idea to help keep more of the existing guys committed for your next one. Just let me know if you ever want to hear it.

@gojet,
I saw in a post you mentioned about getting a PVR? I thought about it too. Even did some research on it and found something I might try because of price and ease of use . It is a Capture Card by ROXIO . Search it on You Tube or better yet go to roxio.com . I think you might be interested.

Zoom , Zoom !
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 89 of 202 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

This is my first time trying to attach a photo from a race. Hope this comes out ok?

Anyway, as I was looking back at the Spa race and watching some of the close races. I came across this part of the track where hey6541 is nearly taken out!  I forget who the driver who wiped out way back there and then came back on as you can see. Just can't believe how close this was.

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 90 of 202 (174 Views)
0 Likes