Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

Re: The New GT Saturday's Event Page.

Jul 13, 2012

awesome. thanks for doing that.

I noticed that this new forum seems to be easier for random casual fans of GT to find the GT Section and post.  Before, I think you had to know you wanted to find GT in order to find it.  Now, I think there's some topics floating to the top of the main forum and getting people more interested in what we'ere talking about here.

so that alone should bring in more participatns of organized events.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 10 of 1,324 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1021 posts

Jul 13, 2012
Lets hope more people will find us. I know it can be a slow time during the summer.

Just to let everyone know, we well be running race mediums tomorrow and i will update the OP when i get home later.

Hope to see you all out there tomorrow.

I do want to bring back some favorite specs from about a year ago if that is okay with everyone or if you ha e ideas please just shout them out.
 photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 11 of 1,324 (1,391 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4514 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Hi everyone. :smileyhappy:

I love these little cars, and have been practicing alone in my lounge this morning. Am I gonna be in the way today with 4:21.5's - 4:22.5's? Granted, this is by myself with no drafting help of course.

I'm gonna have to find someone to practice with to test my tranny in the draft. I think I like these RM tires. I ran a couple 5 lap races, and didn't see any tire wear at all. :smileysurprised: But I guess I'll just have to wait & see how that goes with 17 laps. :smileylol:

If anyone wants to practice, just post here or send me a ps3 message. :smileywink:

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 12 of 1,324 (1,366 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 14, 2012

fijiboi1989 wrote:
yay new thread, mmhmm the smell of new thread :smileyhappy:
Dan, controll your bleeding man, im pretty sure you dont wana be the first ever Zombie. then be the first ever Zombie to be killed.

by the way is time and weather on?

:smileyvery-happy:

Happy to report that the blood loss was contained, and that I'm not yet a full fledged zombie.

Though I'd recommend you wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt just in case I'm hungry...

No sense tempting me with those delicious biceps and glutes, eh...?

Tooth is better today, almost feel normal. So much so I MIGHT turn on the PS3 and see about grabbing one of my 387 hp go karts and seeing if I can handle some laps at Sarthe...

Crossing appendages.

There's a chance I may lose my interwebs next week, so it would be nice to have a final run with all of you before the interlights go out.

I hope to have web restored ASAP, I am looking into alternatives but with the recent income hit, it's a little tough to scrape by so we'll have to see what happens.

If I can't make it, I wanted to say thanks to everyone in GT Sats land. You have all taught me a good many things. I know I wasn't the easiest person to deal with, but you all helped me get through a very difficult time in my life, and I am eternally grateful.

To those that have picked up the torch to carry GTS onward, Thank You. I hope you keep it the kind of place someone like me can come to and find new friends and good racing, and continue it's tradition of connecting people with racing organizations and helpful people willing to teach and help out when you need it. It's been a privilege to have helped many in days gone by, and I am forever indebted to those who have likewise helped me.

All the best to everyone in the future.

May your cars be fast, your line be true, your nerves like steel and brakes never fail.

Race well my friends, and stay off the grass...!

Photobucket
Message 13 of 1,324 (1,362 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 14, 2012

DaletonaDave wrote:

Hi everyone. :smileyhappy:

I love these little cars, and have been practicing alone in my lounge this morning. Am I gonna be in the way today with 4:21.5's - 4:22.5's? Granted, this is by myself with no drafting help of course.

I'm gonna have to find someone to practice with to test my tranny in the draft. I think I like these RM tires. I ran a couple 5 lap races, and didn't see any tire wear at all. :smileysurprised: But I guess I'll just have to wait & see how that goes with 17 laps. :smileylol:

If anyone wants to practice, just post here or send me a ps3 message. :smileywink:

I think a tranny will perform just about the same so long as any wind encountered isn't hurricane strength. As long as it doesn't blow too hard you should be OK. You also have to consider a tranny may not ever be able to get drafted, or at least have some splainin to do to Lucy, or the sarge depending on their assignment once in country...

If the Draft is on weak, the cars are light, you'll need to be appx within a second to pick up the draft. I'd expect a good 10-20 mph depending on how relaxed you make the top gear. It will be tricky, if you allow too much room you won't have enough gear to keep up if you don't have a dance partner. Also be prepared for some very heavy nose dive and sudden bite when you pull out to pass, as the air will hit the nose hard. The car in front will also experience some unsettling moves, and there a a good many corners where high speed braking will cause a real headache if both drivers aren't careful.

If on strong the draft will be dangerous at best. Appx 1.5 seconds back will start to pull. Figure 5mph more than weak, as well as a huge side draft potential when next to other cars any time you're over 70 mph or so. It will pull the cars together in the higher speed corners, and can actually cause you to accelerate under braking.

It would be my hope it will be on weak, a more realistic depiction of the Aero effects.

I'd also be careful of running with too little or too much Aero... Tire heat will be an issue, and catching a draft at the wrong time with white/red tires will make for some rather interesting corner experiences.Any Aero effect will be affected by the other cars, something you won't know until tested in race mode with 2 or 3 others. Practice mode lies about this completely, as there's no draft or draft effects to contend with.

I am looking at trying to run today. It's early yet, so I don't know for sure. I do know you're on my friends list, so if I'm on, Sarthe in a RS Sport Car is where I'll be, either in my lounge or in the GTSats lounge. Be happy to run some practice laps/races for tire wear and draft info.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 1,324 (1,359 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41946 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Uh,oh. Sorry to hear about losing you Internet service, and about your tooth.

Message 15 of 1,324 (1,237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 14, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Uh,oh. Sorry to hear about losing you Internet service, and about your tooth.

It's tied to a much larger issue, one I was in no way prepared for. The tooth was just an added bonus... Life has raised it's hammer yet again, and the person I see in the mirror is looking less and less like the one I remember every day.

Maybe it's all just payback for busting you about... er...asking about the schnoz.

I do hope it gave you a macho-esque manly look once healed.

You know, as opposed to an I got my buttockal region handed to me kind of thing... :smileywink:

Like all things, time will do whatever it does and maybe someday I can look back on it.

But that's about it, I won't be laughing.

Best part about today..?

It ends...

Yeah, it's that kind of thing.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 1,324 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Jul 14, 2012
im in lounge

CURRENT CHAMPION OF 2011 OF NOT WINNING ANYTHING
Message 17 of 1,324 (1,216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1021 posts

Jul 20, 2012

- OP has been updated.

Won't be there this weekend guys. Have fun and play nice!

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 18 of 1,324 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I just wanted to stop by and say hello.  :smileyhappy:

I'm in the process of moving, and once the dust settles I should be able to start racing (coming last place) again.

-SP 

Message 19 of 1,324 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes