Jun 04 2013
By: TRLWNC Fender Bender 3338 posts

Intermittent attempt

31 replies 155 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

I'm going to try something here. I can't set my internet to NAT2, so I can't join an official race series. I also can't use a mike, but....

Here's what I'm going to attempt. I will try to get on in the evening after the kids are in bed and run a race for a SHORT time. As in less than an hour. I probably won't do any real racing because of my time constraints, but I would enjoy some good time trials, and maybe a lap or two.

I will post here what track I am going to be on, and what car I would like to see. That way everyone will be fairly similar. Then, I will go and hook up and see what happens.

First time: For tonight, I am going to Indy road course and I will be running the GT-R black to recreate the original time trial demo that we had as the (or at least my) first experience with GT5.

See you if you get this! I'll shut down before 11:00.

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place?

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40839 posts

Re: Intermittent attempt

Jun 4, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3338 posts

Jun 4, 2013
3 I spent two days going through everything I have, and couldn't change it. I'll have to look outside my house for help.....
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place?

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40839 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Have you asked SONY's Customer Service for help?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3338 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I'll try that as well as my internet provider.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3338 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Well, I spent 3+ hours trying to get my NAT to 2, and to no avail. I called 4 places, and consulted the board. Sigh....

Oh, well. I can still race! Going to Apricot hill with the GT-R Black. I may stay past 10, we'll see.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1538 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Make sure your PS3 is not connected to your router with some kind of switching device. Alternatively; unplug your computer from the modem, and connect the PS3 directly to the modem. That's about the only other thing I can think of that might help. If your router is an older model, they can be slow, too. I had a 3 yr old Linksys, and could only get a Nat 3, then went to a brand new NetGear, now have no problem hosting 10+ gamers. Check to see if your cables are in good shape as well.

Best of luck!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3338 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I am forced to be wireless due to circumstances out of my control. Ie, I can't hide the wire in the wall since I didn't bury it when we were constructing..... :smileywink:

Plus, the PS3 is over 20' from the router.

I do have a 2-4 year old router (don't remember), so I may have to talk myself into a new one.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40839 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Just out of curiosity, which router do you have and can you flash it with a third-party firmware? If you can, that may allow you to get a better response out of it, but it depends on why you can't get NAT2. The answer to that is crucial, in my mind.

What happens when you take the router out of the network and plug the console directly into the modem (if it isn't one of those combined units)?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3338 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I have a DIR-615. I plugged straight into the modem when my computers were downstairs, but that was a LOOONG time ago, so I have no clue what it looked like. I could try moving the modem, so I'll see what that gives me. Just have to have it back before the wife comes home and wants internet... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (81 Views)
0 Likes