Dec 13 2012
By: sa00650 Monster Hunter 46 posts

Newbie Events

8 replies 264 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

I'm looking to join in on some race events and wanted to know if there is any for newbies ? I race with PRL in F1 on thurs nite and looking for something with GT5

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
39856 posts

Re: Newbie Events

Dec 13, 2012

Yes, I replied to this in your other thread.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/notifications/notifymoderatorpage/message-uid/39062881

If anyone else is looking for some good, clean racing fun, you can find it here and we can help you get going. There is no need to feel that your only choice is random on-line lobbies with what knows what going on. Come to these forum events and expand your experience. You will be glad that you did. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (252 Views)
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 13, 2012

welcome.  yes we have several series here on the forums that are welcomeing to all skill levels.  all assists available and ver clean close racing.

Thursdays we have an Exotics league which can been seen here
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Events/Exotic-Touring-Series-Season-3-12-13-Cape... 

600PP exotic street cars on Racing tires.  the season is about over but get your feet wet for the 4th season.  League its run by WAGG__DA__DOGG

I run a series on Wednesday nights.  375 PP Low Power cars on Sport Hard tires. Most cars run right around 150hp great battles between Rear and Front wheel drives.   this league can be viewed here http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Events/Re-Street-Warriors-Race-5-at-Madrid-in-Re...  season is about half over BUT i welcome all new comers to the series.  Season 2 will be starting around the beginning of Feb.

Also some other classes including the GT Saturday event where they run a spec car which you may tune if you wish.  im pretty sure that they do not let you use Skid Force Recovery tho.  still very fun however.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 13, 2012

MastrGT I did go to the link and thanks , very helpfull but I did not see where there was any rankings groups   . I also look into the TPRA and saw that there were 4 race groups ... Pro , Sportsman ,  Amateur , TT and club . Clicking on those groups last post was like a yr. ago ? So I guess my question in this thread is ...is there a group for  Amateur or beginners .

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 13, 2012

L_keniston thanks also and I will look into it

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2467 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Both the GT Saturday and Monday night racing events draw people of all skill levels, by design.

I do not know of any events JUST for novices. Though it may be a good idea, how would you keep "ringers" out?

One Monday night event was run like some of the Japanese events, the winner of each race got a penalty of added weight for all subsequent races, to try to even the crowd. It would still take a LOT of races to help some of us against some of the really fast people though.

While the point is to try to win, you do not have to win every race, ya know...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Thanks I will look into the GT Sat and Mon.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
39856 posts

Dec 14, 2012

sa00650 wrote:

MastrGT I did go to the link and thanks , very helpfull but I did not see where there was any rankings groups   . I also look into the TPRA and saw that there were 4 race groups ... Pro , Sportsman ,  Amateur , TT and club . Clicking on those groups last post was like a yr. ago ? So I guess my question in this thread is ...is there a group for  Amateur or beginners .

There are groups here that award points and those that don't. I have run both types of events, over the years, but  not right now. There is quite a change in driver character when racing for points, plus the administration work is much more time consuming. Points aren't needed for the type of racing in these two particular events.

However, that aside, you are still going to get good competition from the drivers who show up to the events mentioned, so far. If you consider yourself a rank beginner, you won't be for long. We will get you up to speed soon enough. If you are better than most, we will still try our best to chase you down. Either way, I can assure you that you will enjoy the race.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Cool deal then ,  I just noticed all the links you have in your signature  which i'm going through now thanks will be in touch !

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (205 Views)
0 Likes