Dec 03 2012
By: MetaKraken Uncharted Territory 1583 posts

Online Holiday Race for December 15 (One Make Race with Corvette C7)

[ Edited ]
12 replies 319 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

Hey guys. I figured it'd be a good idea for me to set up a one-make race for the upcoming holiday this month, which is known as the C7 One Make Race, which consists of pretty much 10 races of my choice. Here are some rules:

1. With the exception of ABS, driving aids are disabled

2. You must have the Chevrolet C7 without upgrades

3. Must have at least 12 drivers for the race

4. Other cars besides the C7 are prohibited from entering the race

5. Sports Hard tires are set as default

The following 10 tracks of my choice are...

1. High Speed Ring (5 laps)

2. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (3 laps)

3. Autumn Ring Mini (10 laps)

4. Twin Ring Motegi (3 laps)

5. Tsukuba Circuit (5 laps)

6. Deep Forest Raceway (4 laps)

7. Fuji Speedway GT (3 laps)

8. Nurburgring 24H (1 lap)

9. Cape Ring (3 laps)

10. Special Stage Route X (2 laps)

If for some reason you do not like some of the tracks I've chosen, please feel free to let me know what track do you mostly prefer (don't be overly picky, though! :smileytongue:), and I will see if I can change the track for your liking. As for damage physics, it will be set to off, and same goes for mechanical damage, so you don't have to worry about struggling for it to pick up its pace again. Now that that's settled,  I'll let you guys know when it'll start, although the time isn't confirmed yet due to time zone differences, but don't fret, I'll let you know when the time is announced. :smileywink:

Players who are entering:

1. MetaKraken (host)

2.. F1Cheeetor

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. ???

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

11. ???

12. ???

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (319 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Online Holiday Race for December 15 (One Make Race with Corvette C7)

Dec 3, 2012

MetaK, This sounds like fun. I have been waiting for something like this to come up. I am in depending if the time works for me. I am here on the west coast and so I will be checking back here every now and again to see how things are going with your post. 

It has been awhile since I have been back to this forum. Recently been looking for interesting new series and players. Hope you  don't get too many negatives responces to what you are putting together here.

As for me, I like the C7 prototype Vette. For coming as it is, I think it's really  fun to drive and not at all too difficult to handle. First time out on Nurb. I was able to get a 7.45sec. lap in. I believe that is pretty good for this prototype. Will try again today to see what is the best I can do with it.

Look forward to your races....laters

P.S. I see That the 15th is on a Saturday. I will race if  it is later in the afternoon.....like closer to 5p.m. my time. This is just an F.Y. I. not a suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (291 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1583 posts

Dec 3, 2012

F1Cheetor wrote:

MetaK, This sounds like fun. I have been waiting for something like this to come up. I am in depending if the time works for me. I am here on the west coast and so I will be checking back here every now and again to see how things are going with your post. 

It has been awhile since I have been back to this forum. Recently been looking for interesting new series and players. Hope you  don't get too many negatives responces to what you are putting together here.

As for me, I like the C7 prototype Vette. For coming as it is, I think it's really  fun to drive and not at all too difficult to handle. First time out on Nurb. I was able to get a 7.45sec. lap in. I believe that is pretty good for this prototype. Will try again today to see what is the best I can do with it.

Look forward to your races....laters

P.S. I see That the 15th is on a Saturday. I will race if  it is later in the afternoon.....like closer to 5p.m. my time. This is just an F.Y. I. not a suggestion.

Looks like you're on the list! Thanks for your participation. :smileyvery-happy:

Oh yes, and since my friends list are pretty much packed, I'll be able to notify you via messages, whether on the forums or on the PS3 before the deadline. And yes, it is indeed about fun, so it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just don't fall behind too much. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (283 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Dec 3, 2012

MetaK, I will need you to go correct my ID name(lol). it is  F1Cheetor-not F1Cheater- as I do not want anyone to think I am some sort of Cheater in any way. F1: is for my favorite auto sport race with Le Mans series right up there with it.

Cheetor: is for a transformers character that was in CHEETA form as well as the worlds fastest land animal(fact).

Thanks ahead of time for correcting the spelling of my ID.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1583 posts

Dec 4, 2012

F1Cheetor wrote:

MetaK, I will need you to go correct my ID name(lol). it is  F1Cheetor-not F1Cheater- as I do not want anyone to think I am some sort of Cheater in any way. F1: is for my favorite auto sport race with Le Mans series right up there with it.

Cheetor: is for a transformers character that was in CHEETA form as well as the worlds fastest land animal(fact).

Thanks ahead of time for correcting the spelling of my ID.

Haha no prob. Apologies for adding your ID name incorrectly. :smileyembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (263 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Well, does not look very for this event. Guess no one else is interested ?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1583 posts

Dec 14, 2012

F1Cheetor wrote:
Well, does not look very for this event. Guess no one else is interested ?

I guess they're too busy with other events maybe? Guess I'll have to cancel this one. :smileyindifferent:

Sorry if this event has hit the wall, F1Cheetor, due to the lack of more players willing to participate. ^^'

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Yeah, I agree . Surprised though, because the time was good for the event. Sometimes seems only certain ones are favored more than new ones trying to start. Activity even seems to slow a bit lately in here too. Maybe it`s the month or end of the year thing going on?
Oh well, you tried.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

You have a good idea MetaKraken but as you can see the Events forum is very slow. The thread I have did not have a single new post in over a week lol. I think it's because of the forum switch awhile back and the fact that GT5 is an old game now. I have almost 90 people on my friends list and all of them I added through the forums here or through the open lobbies. Very few of them still play GT5 or even get online at all these days. I myself have stopped racing as much due to time constraints and wanting to play other games. I'm considering moving over to GTPlanet because their is a lot more activity there than here. Half the threads on the main GT5 forum page are arguments with the same guy lmfao. Yes there are those of us that stick to each others series but back in the day the lounges were full, these days if you even approach 8 people in a lounge you are doing good.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (177 Views)
Sackboy
576 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Tunerspit "Street Scrap" had 16 last night at Monaco for 30 laps.  

I started  14th finsihed 9th almost a full lap down

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (169 Views)
0 Likes