Sackboy
576 posts

Re: Street Warriors (coming this Fall)

Nov 4, 2012

i will be home from work just before 9 so by 9 i should have the room set up.  we will free practice till 9:30  at 9:30 sharp i will start the Qualifying race... 2 laps random line up.  points are on the line for the Q-race,  once we finish that we will go right into the Feature which is set up in REVERSE ORDER of the Q-race.  so you can either go get the points for starting top 3  but you will have to start in the back of the feature. (this is a standard handicap in short track racing)

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 31 of 96 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I should be in my lounge at 9PM  Free Practice your favorite 375 PP car built between 1982 and 2002 at Norwad Short Track till then. 2 Lap Quali race at 9:30 sharp 1st 2nd and 3rd get 3, 2 and 1 point but the 25 lap feature is an inverted start.  so if you maximize points in the Quali youll start last in the race. 

REMEMBER!!!!

375 PP
No 4wd's or exotic type sports cars
Sport Hard tires or less
cars from 1982 to 2002
you can only use a car ONE TIME in the series.   ( if you use a Honda civic you can not use any civic again in the series, same for Miatas and any other name plate. different years of the same car is NOT a different car)

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 32 of 96 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

thank you for coming out guys.  i think we had a good run and learned a few things for future races.   i got wonderfully disconnected AGAIN on the last lap.  and could not get back into the room.  my guess is the results were as follows...

Q-race results
Eci
NoLimit
Lken
Ice

Feature race Results
1st  Eciracing - Honda CRX 
2nd Iceanspice - Mitsu. FTO
3rd NoLimitBig - Mini Cooper
4th LKeniston - MINI Cooper (edit)

if any of this is inncorrect let me know please.  i will send out prizes tomorrow and post full points as well.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 33 of 96 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Nov 8, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

thank you for coming out guys.  i think we had a good run and learned a few things for future races.   i got wonderfully disconnected AGAIN on the last lap.  and could not get back into the room.  my guess is the results were as follows...

Q-race results
Eci
NoLimit
Lken
Ice

Feature race Results
1st  Eciracing - Honda CRX 
2nd Iceanspice - Mitsu. FTO
3rd NoLimitBig - Mini Cooper
4th LKeniston - Mazda 323

if any of this is inncorrect let me know please.  i will send out prizes tomorrow and post full points as well.

Yes, that's the correct order.  Weren't you driving a Mini though?

Also, you may want to change the title on the OP.  It still says "Coming this fall"  

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 34 of 96 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Re: Street Warriors (Race 2 on 11/14)

Nov 8, 2012

thats right i was in the mini!  i was thinking i had the 323 from Laguna seca my bad. 

thank you all for sticking with me threw the start of the feature.   If i had not messed up the grid start we would have been fine for the first attempt.  then i got flustered and it started going to heck.  now that i have a little better idea what to do we should be smooth for round two.   most nights i will hold a 3 lap preview race for the next week if possible.  i also do not mind playing around with FAST and VERY FAST tire wear settings seeing how we can go most races with no stops on normal tirewear.  Prizes will be sent out today seeing how its snowing and freezing rain here and work is limited for me right now.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 35 of 96 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 8, 2012

First 15 laps was fun, felt like proper racing bumper to bumper,  but i put the wheels in sand  before the tunnel in lap 15 lost 10 seconds.   Also me and nolimit tested 5 lap run after the race with boost = high ( boost for slower cars)  it was interesting  i think it lets you catch up to the cars ahead.  More testing needed to be sure.    Think its a perfect setting for Tuesday night racing.  after daytona race, we do test preview race with this setting and  we will take a vote on whether we keep Boost = high for 5th to 10th races.    Come to think of it we could test in exotics  practice today, but only if wagg wants to.  

Message 36 of 96 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 8, 2012

hum...  im not a particular fan of boost honestly. 

i was kind of worried that i knocked you into the sand but totally forgot about it after the disconnect.    i think if we had more cars then just 4 it would be ok because you could hook up and draft with someone to come back.   Norwad is a tough track tho to draft back with all the S turns.  I would like to try Autim ring with the same settings and hopfully 2 or 3 more cars show up.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 37 of 96 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Hey guys. I was trying to practice last week but no one showed up then i decided to take the week off of GT5.

I'm going to be here for the next one. I'll probably get ramjet to race too. He's finally got free time so he'll start racing again. so count 2 more in there K.

I'm down to try the tyre wear settings.

What kind of cars where out there?

I still have to hunt for one in the used dealership.

what about heat races? with the very fast tyre wear? heat 1 heat 2 then Main? It could be like 10 miles per heat then 50m or W/E!?!?! you know? just throwing out ideas. 

Since the pp is so low i'll definately find something i like; so no 4wd? all others okay right?

juandejuarezimage069
Message 38 of 96 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 9, 2012

good to have you interested Juan.

no 4wd or MR's 375pp Production cars, trucks, or vans from years 1982 to 2002. all others should be ok.

we were mostly using FF's but feel free to try a FR or something else.

the heat race sets the grid. 1 2 and 3 get points BUT we invert the field for the start of the race (common short track practice) 2 heats would take up more time and get more confusing for grid positioning. the races should be right around 35 to 45 minutes, getting us done around 10:15 to 10:20 roughly

if the grid fails to set correctly we will default into a "formation lap" as we did this week and start on lap 2 rolling.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 39 of 96 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 12, 2012

The Street Warriors roll into Upstate Vermont in just a couple days for their annual trip to the Autumn Ring for a 20 lap show down.  For the first time the cars will be featured on the FULL course rather then the Short Course.  This exciting new oppertunity to race on the full course is sure to offer MANY laps of drafting  and several differnt chances at passing.

the Long straight away down hill from the highest point on the track to the lowest point into the first turn will surely be the best passing oppertunity on course.  The esses that follow are tight and very hard to run side by side untill you come up hill in front of the support series pits and go the the hill top hair pin and race back down the hill.  The next good chance will be under the bridge into the 270*.  if you dont get a good run off that turn well your lap is ruined and you head up to the left right under the trees and over the leaves on track before racing back down the hill to finish your lap at the Autumn Ring.  the driver that puts 20 of them together the best will win round 2 of the Street Warriors!

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 40 of 96 (189 Views)
0 Likes