Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Re: Street Warriors (coming this Fall)

Nov 15, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

sorry for the delay last night.  will try to not make it a habbit.  Ran late at work.  then had my nightly server issue (disconnected from the server,   if anyone know how i can stop this please let me know :-/ its annoying) 

race was awesome!  the top 3 were all right there.  i messed up in the last kink and lost a good lead.  then did it again on the last lap.   we went 3 wide  into turn 7 on the last lap.  i didnt mean to get into you E but i had a run and apperently Juan had a better run and we were all over one another.   still a great race flag to flag.

only thing i can say is we need to work on getting double file a little bit bettter but good start never the less.   i LOVE the rolling start and how the cars in this series run with one another.

I didn't even realize we were supposed to be side by side on the start.  I just assumed that we were starting single file.  You'll have to let us know who needs to start on the left and right each race too.

Also, to anyone on the fence about this series....join!  It's a lot of fun.  Cars are easy to handle, and you get to use cars that you wouldn't normally get to use in other series'

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 51 of 96 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Great Race guys!

And for reals. i had NO idea we were supposed to be double file. I thought it was single file start.
 I do have to say it was MESSY on that parade lap but with practice we should be good. It works; after about 3 turns we faned out and Ken, and I had to fight through trafffic so i think it was a success.

The battle for first was intense.  I do want to apologize for the unusual amount of contact that you guys saaw from me. I wan to chalk it up to 75% of it being from be not racing GT5 in over a week and 25% of it was me not wanting eci walk away with one :smileywink:

Gloves are off my friend.

A few things about these cars,

1. A LOT OF FUN.

2. Top three  all different cars. No limit had a fast rx7 as well. Great variety right off the back. I wish the pp system worked like that across the baord.

3. **bleep** is it easy to drive these things BUT **bleep** IS IT HARD to race. The bumber to bumber, door to door paint rubbing action is REALLY intense. More so than the ff series.

I had a question about the Fireblade. Coulod i use that ken?

L-Caterham-Fireblade.jpg

Its up to us all to spread the word about the fun we're having here. So get out there and do it. I have a few other ppl who might be interested.

Anyone heard from pete, i'll ask him to join us. Maybe he will.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 52 of 96 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 15, 2012

im learning right along with everyone else. 

"double up"  is a short track term for double file.  Leader takes what would be the inside line headed for turn one.  2nd goes to the outside line.  1st 3rd 5th 7th would all be on the "inside line" while 2nd 4th 6th 8th would all be on the "outside line"  i think 45 to 50 is a good speed for the parade lap and we will keep that in place.   Basiclly im looking for a rolling double file start like you would have at Daytona, and Indy.  The game does not offer this option on road courses for what ever reason.    im not going to be overly pickey about it unless someone makes a mess of it.   use the lap to warm up the tires.  i was e-braking REALLY hard trying to get some heat in the rear tires for the start.   the new update has REALLY made tire temps important now.

i will look into that car Juan.  ive wanted to run that myself i think it was going to be your Sports car series that ended before i got to try it.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

GT5 league race wins: 23
NASCAR ISL wins: 95
GT6 Community wins: 36
GT6 league wins: n/a
Message 53 of 96 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Juan-de-Juarez wrote:

The battle for first was intense.  I do want to apologize for the unusual amount of contact that you guys saaw from me. I wan to chalk it up to 75% of it being from be not racing GT5 in over a week and 25% of it was me not wanting eci walk away with one :smileywink:

I don't think  I would call it an unusual amount from you at all. 

What was that about gloves?

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 54 of 96 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Didn't I get an email alert about Ken announcing a demolition derby race?  Can't find the post now.

Message 55 of 96 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Also last night some talk of a demo derby came up...   this was an idea i had at one time but didnt think anyone would be onboard BUT i would like to announce the following...

Race 11 On January 9th... THE 1st annual DAYTONA FLAG POLE RACE!! 10 Laps*

* Open compitition to ANY 375 PP car! no points,  only prizes... lots of them!! Cars, Helmets, Suits, Parts, Paint for all involved.  We're going to end the season with a BANG!

If you dont know what a FLAGPOLE race is...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299UO_z-oZA

the way our season finale flag pole race at daytona will work is instead of using a TIRE for the FLAG POLE we will use  the interloop on the back straight.  again this is NO POINTS  for FUN TO END THE SEASON ONLY.   :-)

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 56 of 96 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Nov 18, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

Also last night some talk of a demo derby came up...   this was an idea i had at one time but didnt think anyone would be onboard BUT i would like to announce the following...

Race 11 On January 9th... THE 1st annual DAYTONA FLAG POLE RACE!! 10 Laps*

* Open compitition to ANY 375 PP car! no points,  only prizes... lots of them!! Cars, Helmets, Suits, Parts, Paint for all involved.  We're going to end the season with a BANG!

If you dont know what a FLAGPOLE race is...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299UO_z-oZA

the way our season finale flag pole race at daytona will work is instead of using a TIRE for the FLAG POLE we will use  the interloop on the back straight.  again this is NO POINTS  for FUN TO END THE SEASON ONLY.   :-)

This sounds like a blast to me!  Any consideration to maybe turning full damage on?  :-)

Message 57 of 96 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 18, 2012

:catwink: wait and see.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 58 of 96 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 20, 2012

How about them Bears.

Th Flag pole race sounds  like fun and i vote for damage to be on all the way. maybe two 6 lap stints with heavy damage.

juandejuarezimage069
Message 59 of 96 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
576 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Hopfullly can get the entire race in tomorrow with out getting kicked from the server.   i may restart my modum JUST before the Feature to try to ensure that i can make the distance.  i seem to get 45- to an hour before i get kicked.

~ TNR1 Champion
~ Exotics 3 Champion
~ TN-NASCAR Champion
~ WedNite 375PP Champion

Message 60 of 96 (173 Views)
0 Likes