Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: marimbakat Lombax Warrior 101 posts

STA TopGear Challenge Series Race Sat. 1/5

10 replies 265 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

SATURDAY JANUARY 5th, 2013  10:00pm EST (Room opens about 9:45pm)

stalogosmall.png   TGtrophypic.png

Moving at the speed of sound isn't too hard. All you need is a jet airplane and a bloody good pilot. Sadly, we have neither of those so your first challenge in the revamped Top Gear Challenge Series is to do the next best thing...

Find a Car that FLIES!!!!

chromeveyron.jpg

YUP!! That should do it...

You'll need three things for this first challenge:

#1. Bughatti Veyron

#2. All Access Pass the the Route X track.

#3. Defibillator (Well just in case your heart stops)

This Challenge will hense be known as:

"The Revamped Top Gear Challenge Series first challenge in a long line of challenges to come."

TOO LONG!?!? okay, how about this?

Michael Schumacher Retired....AGAIN!!

Make sure your Veyron is fully powered and ready to go on the Route X track, which means it will need to be tuned for speed, but the turns as well. Make sure you stay in the draft cause if you loose it, they will leave you as it is custom in a Top Gear Challenge.

Details:

Track: Route X (You must have the track in order to participate)

7 laps

Normal Fuel/ Tire Consumption

Medium Damage

No Boost

Low Slipstream

Tires: Racing Soft

No Assists (exception T/C & ABS if wanted)

Tuning is allowed (full modifications allowed)

There will be three seperate Challenges for this. Winner is awarded the STA TopGear Triple Crown

1st - Chester Cheetah Fast track Challenge. First car to MARKER (3rd lap, the entrance of the tunnel on the backstretch)

2nd - Fastest MPH (determined on video review after race for comfirmation) 5th Lap speeds only allowed and calculated.

3rd - Winner of the 7 Lap race.

Trophies will be given for each (SeeTheAir.com Registered Members will have the trophies posted on their driver page). If you are able to get all three Challenges, then you will win the Triple Crown Trophy, which I guess kinda means there are four challenges.....right then.

Respond if you're looking to participate.

Be Part of the Action... Including 10 different Series... Register at www.SeeTheAir.com

Follow us on Twitter - @seetheair
Message 1 of 11 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2862 posts

Re: STA TopGear Challenge Series Race Sat. 1/5

Jan 4, 2013
I should be able to make it.

Perhaps we should post the color of our Veyron?

Deep Red/Chocolate unless someone else needs that color... (I have 23 different color combinations... <help me...> LOL)
Message 2 of 11 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 4, 2013
We could do that. Not sure if my league members will post theirs on here though. I re-painted mine a special Japanese paint from the paint dlc.

Be Part of the Action... Including 10 different Series... Register at www.SeeTheAir.com

Message 3 of 11 (256 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2862 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Oh,

What room? Where should I send the FR?

JUst realized... LOL
Message 4 of 11 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Add me: marimbakat AND stevo2448. Stevo2448 might be hosting. It is a fixed host room. We might be on a little sooner than 9:45.

Message 5 of 11 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

This sounds interesting. Am I correct in assuming that there are no tuning restrictions? I'll send the friend requests shortly. Are the tire choices open and are there pp restrictions?

Message 6 of 11 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

No, tuning is open and free, meaning, you can tune your car to the track if you wish.

PP is open and unlimited.

Racing Soft Tires only.

Message 7 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Ok, racing softs, open tuning and pp. Should be a fun race.

Something came up with the family, maybe next time.

Message 8 of 11 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 6, 2013

STA TopGear Challenge Series #1 Race Results:

We had hoped we received a larger showing, but a few things came up with about 3-4 drivers and the field came down to 5 drivers. The race started pretty simple with an opening draft with speeds topping around 337 MPH, unitl marimbakat slid into the left wall causing an accident with him and Enforcer52. This threw him high into the air, allowing Mjjm1788, stevo2448, and dmcallis to build a large lead.

dmcallis would win the Chester Cheetah Fast Track award for getting to the 5000km mark on lap 3 on the back stretch first. The strategy turned to the highest MPH mark, which would be set on Lap 5 by stevo2448 at 322MPH. But because he and mjjm1788 didn't pit before, they ran out of fuel going into the 3rd turn. This allowed dmcallis to take over the lead.

Marimbakat and Enforcer52 would make a last ditch effort to catch up. Without the use of the draft and Enforcer52 not coming back enough to help Marimbakat, dmcallis would go on to win the 7 lap race and claim the top prize winning two of the three challenges. Marimbakat would come into second after over taking Enforcer52 before the 3rd turn. Stevo2448 finished 4th while mjjm1788 would end up 5th.

veyronrace.png

SeeTheAir.com will post their next TopGear Challenge Series soon.

For more information on STA league activities register at SeeTheAir.com and check out the site...

CONGRATULATIONS to the Challenge Winners:

• Chester Cheetah Fast Track Winner - dmcallis
  • Fastest MPH Winner - stevo2448
  • Challenge Race Winner - dmcallis

Message 9 of 11 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2862 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Was a fun event.  A bit of strategy involved and it was very close at the end, I won by just over 4 seconds with the next two gaining fast.

I gambled and set up with a slower top sped (291 running alone compared to 293-295+ for some of the others according to the mic traffic) but more stability in the banked turns.  Until the rear tires wore down, it was pretty stable in the turns and even with the rears 2/3 gone (and time to pit anyway) it was managable. 

Near perfect fuel helped, I ran out of fuel about 200 meters or so from the end.  Needless to say I was watching the fuel gauge for the last half of the lap very closely as well as the steadily decreasing gap times with the guys closing on me.. 

It was not until I pitted that I discovered I did not have ABS turned on.  Trying to brake from 280+ mph to pit speeds to eliminate pit penalties got real interresting without ABS and well, I screwed it up royaly...

Cost me a good deal of time which would have been handy at the end of the race.

Special Stage Route X_5.jpg

Good racing with you guys.  Thanks for having me.  I have registered at the website by the way.  I hope to join you in the future.

Message 10 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes