I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Re: Sunday Cup Online Race Event

Jan 30, 2013
DM Has it set for 6pm. In case you guys do not know. DM has put up a Sunday Cup Online Racing DISCUSSION in the General part.
He is also considering ideas of times so he can pick the best time.
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 11 of 403 (753 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3102 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I'll try not to miss any of the questions.

Level 0 cars: 

For a list of Level 0 cars see:

http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?level=0

OK, in looking more closely at this, PLEASE refrain from using any of the "Level 0 Race Cars"...

If a car starts with > 220hp, it probably not kosher...

Power Limiter:

In trying to get 400 PP exactly, I have never been forced to go below 98% on the limiter.  Naturally you COULD arrange a rather greater use, but unless you are doing a car with stages and already pushing the PPs, but still adding too much to the car, you should never need more than a couple of points.  For the sake of throwing a number out, 5% would already be MUCH more than you need, given the spirit of the event. 

This is supposed to be in the spirit of first starting the game.  We can't really do the old -empty garage, 20K credits to spend on EVERYTHING- .  For one it excludes too many cars.  Just saying 400PP level 0 should do it.

Now, there is a problem with PPs, as we are documenting.  (cough, MX5 Miata, cough)  Could I just trust everyone to stay away from the OBVIOUS problem cars?  Could everyone stick below a certain hp/metric ton (1000kg) point?  Not sure what that point would be right now (I'll have to look)  but this would be a good thing to discuss.  Is this a good idea or bad?

I'm not saying tune to taht level, but just use that as a guide of "wow, I'm not even close, maybe this car is not a good idea"...

And TIME:

The idea of MNR is people can come and go.  They can race a few times as they can and then go have a life elsewhere.  If you can't make the start, there will always be a race in a few minutes at the worst case when you can join later on in the event. 

Making the time period a LONG one would include everyone, but then you risk diluting the races, not having people on when YOU are wanting to join in.  Not everyone would want to or be able to stay for an EXTENDED period, even if they do not have to race the whole time.

Making it too short would exclude people who just CAN'T do that time...

Trying to solve thsi is what has kept me from setting a time, and why I was asking for input.  I really am trying to make it an event everyone who wants to can join.

no-Affiliations has offered to come in when I can't be there and run things until I can join if we want to start before I can because of dinner.

Hey, even I could come and go...

So, Basically we now have a window from 1:00 or so in the afternoon to whenever we are too tired to race.  We need to narrow it down a LITTLE, obviously...  TV seems to take us down to a window of 4:00-9:00.  (Nascar to The Walking Dead.)  Still too long.  Not everyone would want to race 5 hours, though we could then do some nice endurance races if that were the format.  :smileyhappy:

Even  multiple sessions would be possible, within that window, knowing that some people would be there for some but not all.

Basically the start time should not be so early as to burn out everyone before the "late comers" can join. 

So, with that in mind.  When would be good for you?  Just how long DO we want this thing?  I know GTSats is scheduled for two hours.  MNR runs at least that long and is usually still going when I leave.

Would the window of 5:30 to 8:30 be too long?  Anyone would not have to stay that whole time but I know I regularly do stints like that.  And we do not neccessarially HAVE to ONLY race during that time, people would be free obviously to come in before and stay after as they are able and desire.

Did you make it through my rambling?

Sound ok?

Message 12 of 403 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Jan 31, 2013

What If you split this into two different timeframes. Say 1-3 then re-open the room from 5-7 or any times you prefer. Of course this takes more time out of your day but you don't neccessarily need to be in the room for people to race. As long as everyone adds the host account things could go on without the bossman present. but you know this already. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 13 of 403 (730 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3102 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Sounds good but lets get more people's input.
Message 14 of 403 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 3, 2013

dmcallis wrote:

Sunday Cup Online Racing Event for February 3rd 2013

Room will open at 1:00pm  all welcome and races are encouraged.

Event will begin at 6:00 and will run at least until 8:00

Room will remain open until everyone leaves.  :smileyhappy:

Note:  Since this is a series of shorter races, feel free to come late or leave early.  Or come early and leave late.  Or any combination.

Just plan on as much of the 6:00-8:00 period as you can manage.

Legal Cars:

Any Level 0 Coupe or hatchback.

For a list of Level 0 cars see:

http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?level=0

OK, in looking more closely at this, PLEASE refrain from using any of the "Level 0 Race Cars"... 

If a car starts with > 220hp, it probably not kosher... 

What is a coupe?  Ok, if it looks like a sports car, or has two seats, it's not a coupe, for purposes of this.

Note there is a good selection of Level 0 cars in the Online Dealersahip right now, with zero miles. 

Which went away...  Sheesh...

Tuning Specs:

Please tune as little as possible to 400PP.  Please use only as few parts as possible to bring it to the 400PP goal.  Please do not massively over power than only to bring it back down to the limit.

Please no other parts, including aero.

Yes, this means the suspension and such will be stock.  Those older cars will be a handfull.

This event is in the spirit of the beginning of the game where we were all strapped for cash and could not afford all the parts and had to make do with just the bare minimum.

Tires limited to Comfort Softs.

Tracks to be used are:

Autrumn Ring Mini

Grand Valley East

Tsukuba

These will be rotated and these will be sprints of five laps each.

Tire wear will be normal (so it should not matter).

Only Traction control and ABS will be allowed. 

I guess you can have the driving line, but you should learn to not use it...  LOL

See you there.

Will show up lateish if not held up.  Looks fun.  GTData doesn't have levels, or I'd give you a shorter car list than that mygt one. :smileytongue:

Message 15 of 403 (694 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Got this full list of Level 0 cars....I set the Min Power = 110HP, Max = 200.  Max Value = 25,000 cr.  Road Car only.

http://gt5cars.net/cars?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[make_equals]=&search[year_gte]=&search[year_lte]=&sear...

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 16 of 403 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Didn't make it until late, but the few races I got in were fun.  Much tire smoke.  Possible sig material detected if I can find time to replay watch.

Message 17 of 403 (654 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3102 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Message 18 of 403 (641 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
966 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

I wouldn't say it is a battle of useless cars.....Remember I love my little Honda Today G?  Max tuned that car to 80HP (with no rhyme or reason to put a rear wing on a slow FF car)!

Perhaps it is time to use the Honda S500 '63/S600 '64 and Toyota Sports 800 '65.  All looked pretty cool.  Now, I wonder if I have the Fiat Panda Super rust bucket.

Here is a list of 50HP choices:

http://gt5cars.net/cars?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[make_equals]=&search[year_gte]=&search[year_lte]=&sear...

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 19 of 403 (636 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3102 posts

Feb 4, 2013
And remember, you can detune cars with up to 100hp down to meet the 50hp goal. Just be careful it is broken in with that 100hp or it'll go over as you run it...

I have a feeling that torque suddenly became very important... :smileyhappy:
Message 20 of 403 (632 Views)
0 Likes