Jan 28 2013
By: dmcallis PlayStation MVP 3179 posts

Sunday Cup Online Racing

9 replies 358 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

Yes, the Sunday Cup we all started offline with is going Online.  When you may ask?

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This is still in the planning stages but it should be in the spirit of GT Saturdays and Monday Night Racing.  The initial plan is to start where we all started GT5.  Well, where we started AFTER we realized we did not HAVE to have the liscenses this time (looking at you 3 and 4), A-Spec Beginner Series and the first events making up the Sunday Cup.

The first week will indeed be the Sunday Cup brought online.  0-level cars on short tracks.  Barely tuned (mostly) to 400pp.  Tires will be street tires, or perhaps inexpensive sports grade.

Please refrain from over-use of the power limiter, this is to be a beginner level car race.

Dont have a 0-level car which you have not over-tuned already? 

Nothing good in your Used car dealership? 

No problem. 

Look in the online car dealership to find a selection of no fewer than 14 cars to choose from ranging in price from dirt-cheap to very affordable.  The most expensive can be paid for after coming in dead last in one of the seasonals (probably...)

Starting time will be 6:00pm eastern and will run until everybody leaves. 

Details will be posted in the Events thread of the same name.  or very simular.

All welcome but good driving conduct expected.  Come on out!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Message 1 of 10 (358 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Sunday Cup Online Racing

Jan 28, 2013

This sounds like a lot of fun. I will definitely try and make it.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 10 (341 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1070 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Awesome DM! I was hoping you would change it to 4. When you were first potentially ask to take over after Andy's first race....you had mentioned a 4 o-clock time. Something about not cutting into your dinner time? or did I read that wrong? If the 4 o-clock is not going to be considered as a time. Are you still in the process of polishing the details and accepting more ideas and suggestions?

Plus, is there going to be at least 1 race that is gonna count as a points system? If you don't know what I mean I can explaine more after your reply tells me you either do or do not.

Anyway, great title you came up with for the new event!

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 3 of 10 (325 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Moved from GT General. :cattongue:

space_cape!!

Message 4 of 10 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 28, 2013

The A spec races sound cool. I won't be there this coming Sunday because of the Super Bowl but I'll be there the following week.

Message 5 of 10 (307 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3179 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Well,  going to be interresting now referring people to post # 6 or whatever for the weekly specs instead of the second or whatever...

I had hoped to discuss a little in the General section THEN make the actual events thread when we had details to post.

HeHe just occurred to me...  Was needing another word for the acronym to work anyway... 

Please direct discussion to the discussion thread in events section (hopefully it'll stay there...)

Event related specs and such will be in a new events thread.  You'll know it when you see it... 

This one is kinda useless for an event thread...

Message 6 of 10 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2062 posts

Jan 29, 2013

dmcallis wrote:

Yes, the Sunday Cup we all started offline with is going Online.  When you may ask?

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This is still in the planning stages but it should be in the spirit of GT Saturdays and Monday Night Racing.  The initial plan is to start where we all started GT5.  Well, where we started AFTER we realized we did not HAVE to have the liscenses this time (looking at you 3 and 4), A-Spec Beginner Series and the first events making up the Sunday Cup.

The first week will indeed be the Sunday Cup brought online.  0-level cars on short tracks.  Barely tuned (mostly) to 400pp.  Tires will be street tires, or perhaps inexpensive sports grade.

Please refrain from over-use of the power limiter, this is to be a beginner level car race.

Dont have a 0-level car which you have not over-tuned already? 

Nothing good in your Used car dealership? 

No problem. 

Look in the online car dealership to find a selection of no fewer than 14 cars to choose from ranging in price from dirt-cheap to very affordable.  The most expensive can be paid for after coming in dead last in one of the seasonals (probably...)

Starting time will be 6:00pm eastern and will run until everybody leaves. 

Details will be posted in the Events thread of the same name.  or very simular.

All welcome but good driving conduct expected.  Come on out!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I guess someone missed this detail marked in red, underlined, italicized and bold. Oh well, Looks good DM. I can't make sunday races usually so good luck with this. I like the concept, should be a lot of fun!

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 7 of 10 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Sup, I saw in the discussion thread that the GT300 might be run today? I have a few of those. Is the start time still around 6 pm est?

Message 8 of 10 (242 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3179 posts

Feb 10, 2013
GT300s are next week.

This week somewhat different...

"Useless" Cars as many call them.

Two regulations : 50hp max, and comfort medium tires.

Bring a 98hp car or version if you want, we may run those too.

Main session is 6:00-8:00 eastern but there is an early session from 1:00 to 4-5:00.

Remember you can stay as long or as short a time as you want. Nobody is expected to stay the whole tme...

SCORE-Room is the place. I'll be in there as dmcallis so there will not be the yellow disc. Just come on it.

All welcome.
Message 9 of 10 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Didn't get home untll 'too late' to run.

Message 10 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes