Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2698 posts

Re: Sunday races

Jan 18, 2013

Actually, the specs for this while they sound like they will give a diverse, fair field which is enforcable do not do so.

This is going to be a race with identical cars (which can't even be painted or numbered, so I really mean identical...) as there is only one 4wd race car (so which has front downforce) available.  There are several race cars which can make it in, but no other 4wd ones.   That particular Nissan is going to give an unfair advantage to anyone using it. 

I'd suggest changing the specs after this first race unless I am proven wrong and some of the "Aliens" show up with different cars and trounce us in our GT-Rs...  Perhaps by disallowing race cars by rule and not specs and specify a drivetrain along with your HP and weight specs  ...

Not cutting you or the series but this is just something which got overlooked, I think.  I am glad to be proven wrong when I am.  So we'll see...

And yes, I know how hard it is designing these events.  Particularly now with the PP system totally out of whack... 

I plan to be there Sunday, though I probably will be in a GT-R...  LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 85 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
4398 posts

Jan 18, 2013
I'm confused. Blind too I guess.

Where are you seeing the 4wd specs, etc?? I have no idea what car I need to look for. :smileyvery-happy:
Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 85 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2698 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

No, sorry.

The specs are for 601hp and 1500kg.  Simple, clear.

BUT I am saying that at that spec, there is one car which is a ringer car, one clearly superior to all others.  There are several Race cars which can make it in. Front downforce gives them an advantage.  And there are several 4wd cars, also gaining an advantage due to the 4wd.

BUT there is a single car with both.  PPs usually are used to let these peacefully coexist.  It gives the race cars a higher PP (partially due to their front downforce and greater overall downforce over street cars) and it gives 4wd cars a higher PP due to greater traction given by the 4wd systems.  Since we are bypassing the PPs but still mixing drivetrains and classes of cars (race and non-race) I'm just claiming that there could be a problem.

Now single-model races are great.  Very balanced and dependent only on driver skill.  That is what we may have here.  But I do not think this was the original intent so was bringing it to the attention of the organizer.

One race may be fun with this situation.  I just question an entire series dedicated to a single model car...

And Dave, the car I am referring to is Kaz's Nurburgring 24 hour racer...  That Nissan GT-R race car we got a while back as a freebie. 

That help?

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 85 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41198 posts

Jan 18, 2013

dmcallis wrote:

One race may be fun with this situation.  I just question an entire series dedicated to a single model car...

I ran a single car series of ten? races, with ToCA 3. It was, intentially, not even a powerful car.

It worked out well and served its purpose.

I am thinking of incorporating this idea into the MNR nights, at some point, but haven't moved on it yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 85 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
4398 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Yes, that helped dm. Thanks. :smileywink:

I saw the 601/1500. Your post made me wonder if they had changed, and I couldn't find the post that showed the changes. LOL

I'm all good now. :smileyhappy:
Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 85 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Hey all, I'm sorry I wasn't able to sign in on the playstation forum for about two days due to maintence.

what is the name of the car that you see in the dealerships (if its in the dealership where you can buy it). I'll most likely be in that GT-R N24 race car since its the only car that I found that I like and do the best with as far speed and handleing goes right now. is this the one you're talking about? because its the only one I've found that matches what you've described.

if the GT-R N24 that I was using in our past races is what you're talking about then I see what you mean by an unfair advantage then I'll consider doing something about it

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 85 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2698 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Yep, that's the car.

Like I said, it isn't a problem if we want it to be a one-model series, but having identical cars in every race loses a lot of interest, know what I mean.

At least with Nascar, even though the cars are identical specs and performance, at least they LOOK different...

Not wanting to kill one of your favorite cars here, but nice to see you agree with what I am talking about when I say it does have an advantage. I'd hate to disallow that car, but without either a working PP system or a race specing system where you can set actual race specs and not JUST HP/WT/tune or no-tune it's kinda hard...

OR if we could just paint and number the thing I'd be happy... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 85 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 19, 2013

dmcallis wrote:
Yep, that's the car.

Like I said, it isn't a problem if we want it to be a one-model series, but having identical cars in every race loses a lot of interest, know what I mean.

At least with Nascar, even though the cars are identical specs and performance, at least they LOOK different...

Not wanting to kill one of your favorite cars here, but nice to see you agree with what I am talking about when I say it does have an advantage. I'd hate to disallow that car, but without either a working PP system or a race specing system where you can set actual race specs and not JUST HP/WT/tune or no-tune it's kinda hard...

OR if we could just paint and number the thing I'd be happy... :smileyhappy:

I had a feeling that was the car because I found out how good it is on cape ring lol. I know what you mean. not all nascar has the same specs. like my 24 car has 892HP while the 48 had hp in the 880s or so, just saying. after reading your post I tested the car and compared other cars with it and it still dominats other cars. like that one long turn before you're going in to the cape ring inside part of the track (after you go through the S turns), the GT-R N24 can go like 130MPH easily through that turn and when coming out you're not fighting it trying to go up the track when coming out of that turn. while FR cars or other cars other than the GT-R N24 car  can go like 120MPH and you'd start to go up the track if you try and force the car to do what the GT-R N24 can do. that's what I've found out. I've got some other cars that I can use if need to be.

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 85 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2698 posts

Jan 19, 2013
If tuned the same way and the same year model, yeah two broken-in Nascars will have the same numbers. You must have some difference between the two cars. Nascar like most series like that, are pretty a.n.a.l about keeping the cars even.

Though it IS possible something slipped by when PD made the cars, I'd doubt it.

My Nascar is also at 892hp with 640 miles on it.
One from the dealer (0 miles) is 824 before oil change and 865 with changed oil. I'd bet your low-hp car has about 170-180 miles on it or has dirty oil. Not completely broken in yet is my best guess. Either that or a LOT of miles on it and in need of a engine rebuild, maybe?

Excuse me, now I have to go sell that car I bought to check the post-oil change HP. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 85 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 19, 2013

dmcallis wrote:
If tuned the same way and the same year model, yeah two broken-in Nascars will have the same numbers. You must have some difference between the two cars. Nascar like most series like that, are pretty a.n.a.l about keeping the cars even.

Though it IS possible something slipped by when PD made the cars, I'd doubt it.

My Nascar is also at 892hp with 640 miles on it.
One from the dealer (0 miles) is 824 before oil change and 865 with changed oil. I'd bet your low-hp car has about 170-180 miles on it or has dirty oil. Not completely broken in yet is my best guess. Either that or a LOT of miles on it and in need of a engine rebuild, maybe?

Excuse me, now I have to go sell that car I bought to check the post-oil change HP. :smileyhappy:

It was completey stock, no miles on it and it had less hp than my 24 car, no adjustments were made and just sent it to a friend. so that would explain why it has lower HP. I don't get why my brain don't pick up on these things till the last second :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 85 (166 Views)
0 Likes