01-27-2013 12:54 PM - edited 01-27-2013 01:41 PM
that's a pretty good car. I have one to, just haven't messed with it really. I could only find one car that I did best with, my BMW M5 and made a lap time of 1:29.786 by about 2nd lap when my tires heated up pretty good, I made a 1:28 a few days ago with my BMW but this is my todays lap time, so I think I wasn't pushing the car to its full limit like I was then, unless I've made any changes since then but I don't think I did lol.
sorry to hear that pete, but drive carefully. maybe better luck next week
01-28-2013 02:51 AM
dmcallis is now the host of these events, add him to get in to these races. dmcallis is running the show now . I'm just tired of people suggesting someone else to host these races due to lag that appears at random from week to week or random parts of the race, it just reminds me how crapy of internet we have then brings me down and ruins my good time, its slow, yes. if you can't be happy with I have to work with then feel free to join other race events. I don't mean how that sounds by the way, just saying is all. I've left dmcallis in complete charge of these events (daytona 500 included) if he decides to keep it going. this means the rules and restrictions may change.
starting time is at 6pm every sunday (dates listed beside each for track at the buttom of this thread)
I also host DAYTONA 500 events every other month, click here to see the DAYTONA 500 thread for more details
- no going off track to either pass or gain unfair advantage
- no hacking/cheating
- get back on track only if its safe to do so without causing a wreck
- no one starts the race or change room settings except me or unless I tell you that you can start the race
production cars only (the viper acr is considered as a racecar so therefore no viper acr)
tires-unrestricted (may change at anytime in a race if needed)
no skid recorvery force
slipstream (draft strength)-strong (changed)
- I'll keep starting the races as long there are people in the room with me until the clock strikes 11pm est. if the clock strikes 11pm est while there is a race going on, I'll let the race finish, after that there will be no more races until the next sunday.
- for any reason I cant host a sunday race dmcallis will host em. I'll make a note of it at the buttom of this main thread stateing that dmcallis will be hosting. otherwise I'll be hosting em.
- races will auto start every 5 minutes (this is so I don't limit tuning times) (new)
- slipstream will be set to strong to help keep everyone closer together to give them a fighting chance (new)
- boost will be used so people that can't match the faster cars closer has a fighting chance (new)
tracks for this month
CAPE RING 20TH (6 LAPS) TRAIL MOUNTAIN 27th (20 LAPS)
if you want to get in to these races then add me because they'll be taking place in my lounge (less lag than open lobby it seems)
I didn't notice any lag during the two races I was in. Those were fun races.
01-28-2013 05:35 AM
I really hope that Andy at least comes to join us. All he has to do is to ask and the event is his again.
Until that happens, I guess I have an event to run...
Since I can't update the post here, I'll make a new thread. Until then, we can discuss here, I guess.
Since this is not a "points" event I guess it's ok that not all of us can really be on at the same time. I see this (except for the occasional longer races like the 500 mile race talked about) as an event much like mastrGT's Monday Night Races, but for us here in the forums. Basically a cross between MMNR and GTSats, if that makes sense. If some can be here at 6:00, but can't stick around later, and some can't be here until 7:00, that isn't ideal, but it'll work. Just join when you can.
This will work best if it is an event people want to join. Ok, so I have my Captain Obvious hat on here, but bear with me. What do you guys want this to be?
There are several options.
A series with fixed specs and even fixed cars. With either a single long race or several short races. With or without points and standings.
A series with weekly specs. Again, with either a single long race or several short ones. Points and standings are still possible. Participants could rotate setting the specs.
A "Gee, Brain. What do you want to do today?" event. Specs set and then raced when everyone is together. "Organized Chaos."
Something else. Is there something else? lol
I'm leaning towards the second option, the weekly specs. But I am asking for input. What would be best do YOU think?
Or maybe Andy will come back again. That'd work too.
01-28-2013 06:59 AM
I too hope Andy makes it back, I know it's a bummer having internet issues, we've all been there i suspect. Just so you know, Andy, by suggesting someone else host I (and others, I'm certain) just meant letting someone else be the first in the room, so their connection can support the extra burden of running it, not that you should retire.
Provided Andy doesn't want to take the reins back, I'd like to see this as an organized, slightly informal evening of pick-up racing. Here are my thoughts:
1. a series of short-to-medium races, please. I don't have the attention span for long races, and they prevent people from being able to join throughout the event if they aren't available at start time. Also, there are plenty of series' available to satisfy the desire for competition and ranking.
2. I occasionally see evening events like this last long enough to transition from the daytime/evening racers to the late night guys, it can be fun having a dynamic group that varies with time.
3. I like weekly specs; a little time to practice/prepare a car, not long enough to forget about it or get tired of driving the same thing.
4. The same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the world. Organized chaos can work out, but necessitates participants with large selections of prepared cars...not my favorite for planned events, though it's fun when a group forms spontaneously.
5. I've been thinking about online versions of A-spec races for a while now. Clubman Cup tracks with untuned entry level cars; Like the Wind; Tuned and Untuned races with the various drivelines, seasonal recreations, special events, you name it.. there's a ton of stuff in the offline game, and it would all be better racing against real intelligences.
6. It might be nice to do this in an open lobby.. most drop-ins are decent people, and it's easy enough to kick troublemakers.
7. I really do hope Andy stays involved - his initial selection of heavy, high powered cars had me scrambling to find luxury touring cars that weren't in my garage... I totally neglected these vehicles, and they can be a blast to drive.. I want to see what else he comes up with!
.. just my $.02, sorry for the long post, interested in seeing what takes shape.
01-28-2013 09:12 AM
01-28-2013 11:31 AM
I like the idea of duplicating the offline events online. I have thought many of the seasonals would make good online events and naturally the A-Spec events would too.
Sounds like we have a theme, possibly.
I have also voiced the idea before about doing an event "themed" around the Online Car Dealership, which is naturally often paired with the current seasonals. This would give everyone access to often hard to get cars that some may not have driven before. Noone would be excluded because they did not have and could not get the particular car, while expanding from the premiums which are always available.
These two ideas mesh pretty well. Right now there are a good selection of level 0 cars available with 0 miles, plus you are not limited to the luck of the draw in the used car dealership.
So doing the (I had to look and see what the first race series in A-Spec is called and BOY is it appropriate, I think we have a name for our series... LOL) Sunday Cup series would work great.
Unless someone objects or just has a better idea, I'll start the new thread.
Just look for "Sunday Cup Online Racing" (SCOR).
01-28-2013 11:41 AM
I should make it clear though. We will be mixing up the power, car types, etc. This will not be JUST a low-power, short track event week after week. Like the other organized events, variety is the key. The A-Spec Sunday Cup is just where it will start and that will be the name.
After all, even in the description of the event in A-Spec it says "Open to cars of any power." Now that does not work in a single event, but it does for a series...