Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - Preview race on 09th oct SPA 20 laps

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Track and car details for the first three races below.  

First 3 weeks cars and tracks will be be chosen by me, after that  Race winner of 1st race will pick track and car for 4th race, 2nd race winner will pick track and car for the 5th race.. so on  till final 10th race.

Track and Car Details

Date : 09th Oct 2012  ( preview race)

Car : Castrol Tom's Supra 97

Tires : Racing Soft

Track : Spa 20 laps

Date: 16th Oct 2012 ( 1st race)

Car : Castrol Tom's Supra 97

Track: spa 20 laps

Date :23rd Oct 2012 (2nd race)

Car : Camaro SS '10

Track: Rome 35 laps

Date: 30th Oct 2012 ( 3rd race)

Car : Formula Gran Turismo

Tires: Racing Soft

Track: Monza 30 laps

( OP updated with track and car list)

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 261 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Oct 8, 2012

This is gonna turn out to be real fun ice. I haven't used the FGT in forever. Ran the Camaro SS for only a little bit. I will get a new Supra '97 for tomorrow night.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 261 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

I hope so too wagg,  With no tuning and same spec cars field should be evenly matched.  Success penalty will balance the field, I am expecting more people winning races and  close racing.    Season 1  10 races will us gives good idea what works, what needs to be improved.  I am looking forward running FGT too,  not used it  for while.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 261 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Walking Dead = Greatest show ever!  DVR is all set to record.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 261 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Hey ice.  How does this work with the "No Tuning" option being used?  What I mean is, if I already own a 97 Castrol Supra, but it's all decked out, will I have to purchase a new one?  Or will that option automatically put my car back to stock?

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 261 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Oct 9, 2012

eciracing wrote:

Hey ice.  How does this work with the "No Tuning" option being used?  What I mean is, if I already own a 97 Castrol Supra, but it's all decked out, will I have to purchase a new one?  Or will that option automatically put my car back to stock?

You would have to put all parts back to default, but a broken in car would have more than the stock / oil change HP. then you woild have to use the limiter, which would not allow you into the pits.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 261 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2006 posts

Oct 9, 2012

If you performed any weight reduction or Engine stage mods your car will not be allowed. Unless of course you use a "put back to stock" card. But why use that when you can buy a new one. lol. 

Sorry Ice, I won't be able to make this series on tuesday nights because that's "wife night". You know, we watch tv and "stuff" lol. Sometimes she bails on that plan so if that happens I'll try to make it in. 

This series should be a lot of fun. I like all the specs and the restrictions. Looks great. Good luck with the series. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 261 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

eciracing wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the things Pete, tgun have said. Oil change, break in hp gain are allowed not consider as tuning in the GT5. Only you will have to use limiter to reduce hp to meet lounge hp limit. Also like tgun said Engine ( stage 1,2,3), weight reduction( 1,2,3) cannot be undone/set to default . Although you can use restore car ticket to remove those, probably not have many of those worth saving them for rare and expensive cars. One more thing is Rigidity improvement this is considered tuning and cannot be undone even with restore car ticket (gah!). I wasted one of the restore ticket on ferrari P330.

eci, i know you are rich (:smileytongue:), buy a shiny new Castrol Tom's supra 97, do oil change and put racing soft tires. Car will now have 501 hp which will meet the lounge HP limit =502 hp. you can run a lap or two to gain hp and use limiter to make it 502hp exact if you like.

or if you have a Broken- in stock supra, by all mean you can use it. Just use the limiter to set hp to = 502. you will have remember to set everything to default.

This is applicable to all premium and standard cars too. Aero parts are considered as tuning as well so don't do them. Only engine limiter and brake balance can be adjusted. Everything else is considered as tuning by GT5

Its acutally fun to drive the cars in default setting. you will feel the cars orginal characteristics.

Pete is expert host in Lounge preparation and hosting. He used to do all 3 ( HP, Weight and PP ) checks on cars in the lounge and get them lined up on 1st corner as per qualification order. This method works, you can be sure race will be in the correct order ( as per quali times)

I am going to have to do this HP check twice one for quali and again for race. We try this for the preview race

Quck reminder to all, things to do for the preview race / Summary:

1. Buy a shiny new Castrol Tom's supra 97, do oil change and put racing soft tires ( thats it! nothing else need to be done). Car will now have 501 hp which will meet the lounge HP limit =502 hp. you can run a lap or two to gain hp and use limiter to make it 502hp exact if you like.

2. Only engine limiter and brake balance can be adjusted. Everything else is considered as tuning by GT5

3. Arrive at lounge early 8:40 pm for HP checks

4. Quali begins at 8:45 pm. No tuning so check tires = racing soft, check the driving aids and SRF = on and start your laps.

5. Quali ends at 8:55 pm ( only 10 mins). I will note down the quali order.

Race start procedure

1. Track is reset again, HP checks done again ( why again? because during quali when i am running lap it is possible for a driver to exit the track and make changes to HP changes also this hp check is for anyone coming back to lounge after disconnect)

2. Drivers are lined on on turn 1 as per quali. Race is started immediately after.

Any late comers or anyone coming back into the lounge after disconnect will be subjected to HP check if they are carrying HP penalty and join back of the grid in turn 1. Disconnect ( considered as Mechanical failure) and late arrivals will have to start at the back of the grid as part of the Race start procedure.

This can be done without much hassle once everybody is familar with procedures.

Having Pete will be a lot of help, He is expert host in GT5 race hosting.    

Also a Quick note, I will freeze all Procedures and Rules after Preview race/Before start of 1st race.    We will find somethings are good, works well and somethings need improments this season ( 10 races).  Findings will be used in Season 2.

This is our series,  I am recording the results and  posting revelant  information.   When I incurr HP penalty one of you have to do the  HP checks and  race procedures 

Thanks all for joining this series,  I hope it will be fun and much closer racing with this format

( op updated)

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 261 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

tguns16 wrote:

This series should be a lot of fun. I like all the specs and the restrictions. Looks great. Good luck with the series. 

Thanks Tgun,  Hope you can make it to some race(s) :robothappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 261 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 9, 2012

eciracing wrote:

Walking Dead = Greatest show ever!  DVR is all set to record.

I can't wait to see who that mysterious katana wielding woman ( Michonne I think)

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 261 (202 Views)
0 Likes