Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - Starting 16th oct, Preview race on 9th Sign up now!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

L_Keniston_13K wrote:

well my assestment is that it takes way too long to set up too much down time and did anyone elses Traction Control default back to 5?  mine did and made it impossible to drive.  I'll give it one more try but the Penilty has to go.  i pushed Pete off the track into a penilty and i got nothing but he got ghosted.

Ken, thanks for the feedback.  

Set up did  take longer than expected.  Mainly because i didn't have  keyboard and its new procedure for all of us.  Second preview race hardly took 2 mins to set up and every one was ready.  I am also removing the dual HP check, extending Qualifer time to  about 25 mins and  simpler set up steps.   Most importantly variying HP grid works.   Race was started with correct Grid order as per quali despite the Freeze.

Your traction control setting ( and everyone else) was not saved because of the room freeze.   No worries for the 1st race onward i will remind everyone to check drving aid during HP checks.  There will be enough time to adjust you hp and driving aids before entering pits.

When somebody gets pushed and offender doesn't get penalty while the other car  gets pushed out track get penalty is not acceptable.  GT5 penalty system has its flaws.  Like when car is bumped on sides GT5 penalty doesn't work.  Good point.   Penalty is gone!

We had great race. Many close battles between you, eci, pete and wagg while me and  nolimit were fighting for 5th place for many laps.   Made for very interesting race for sure.

Congrats on getting pole.  Hope to see you for the 1st race using same supra and  in spa.

Message 51 of 261 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - Starting 16th oct, Preview race on 9th Sign up now!!

Oct 10, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Good racing tonight guys.  I made a couple of mistakes and got two penalties which were dumb because I knew I was carrying too much speed into the first chicane lol. I then was able to stay within 10-11 seconds behind eci and pete and then I spun late in the race which put me 20 seconds behind after I recovered.

Good setup for a series ice. It'll be fun using different cars each week.

Let it be known: IF I ever win a race in this series I choose Super Bees at Laguna Seca, beware. peace

Thanks waggs.  you did well,  podium finish and p2 in quali.   you are very close to winning.   With this variable HP setup i am sure you will win races Robot Happy

Message 52 of 261 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Spa preview race  results below:

TNR_Preview.jpg

Congratz eci (1st place), pete ( 2nd), wagg (3rd)

I will have the prizes sent shortly Robot Happy

No points for preview race.  Correction  ken's pole lap time was 2:13.xxx

Message 53 of 261 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Race pictures:

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.jpg

It was nice to see you guys were doing over 155 mph on eau rouge without braking on stock settings 

Message 54 of 261 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Based on preview race observations, following changes are done.  Here is the run down of whats in and whats out.

In

New much simpler, easy to implement  Tire type success penalty.

Longer Quali time, from 8:30pm to 8:55pm

Out

Lounge setting - penalty is gone, will be set to off

Time consuming HP checks

More on tire type success penalty:

Top 3 drivers of the previous race will have to start next  race on hards,  run minimum of half race distance on hards.   Pit stop window open after half race distance.  All drivers allowed softs after Half race distance.   Tire penalty is maintained till they finish 4th or less in the next races.   

On  finishing 4th or lower penalty driver gain next higher grade tires hard to mediums and mediums to soft.  Penalty Divers recovery back to soft will take minimum two races hard to medium and then medium to soft ( next race) provided they finsh 4th or less in both races.

Tire penalty applied only during race.  Qualification  tire choice is open  ( soft tires available to all)

I am not putting Winners at major disadvantage, Winner will get pick the car and track for the coming up race ( car and track to be used 2 weeks after  so every one will have plenty fo time prepare and practice.  That is the reason for me picking 1st 3 tracks and cars)  beside the prize and bragging rights :robotlol:

Updated and much simpler lounge preparation

Lounge preparation

Lounge open 8:00 pm eastern

8:00 pm to 8:30 pm - 30 mins warm up / practice
8:30 pm  - Track reset , Quali begins

8.55 pm - Quali ends and  driver postions noted,   Soon after Track is reset, penalty driver tires checked and all drivers lined up on turn 1 as per Quali order.
There is buffer time in case of disconnect during procedure.  In case disconnect happens after qualification time. penalty drivers tire check is done again and Cars are lined up based on recorded quali time on the first corner.

9:00 pm - Race start

After half race distance pitstop window opens, All drivers are allowed to use Soft tires.

(OP updated)

Message 55 of 261 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Oct 12, 2012

New rule looks good ice. For one thing it'll be a lot easier on you to manage because of people getting booted or leaving would make the hp check a pain every week. The grid lineup works good, as long as people know what's going on before they get into the lounge ( as far as how it works ) . At Spa everyone can use softs right away right? Then the tire difference kicks in at race 2?

Message 56 of 261 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

New rule looks good ice. For one thing it'll be a lot easier on you to manage because of people getting booted or leaving would make the hp check a pain every week. The grid lineup works good, as long as people know what's going on before they get into the lounge ( as far as how it works ) . At Spa everyone can use softs right away right? Then the tire difference kicks in at race 2?

Thanks wagg

Thats correct. 1st race at spa everyone will be running softs.  After that eci and ken will mostly likey be starting on hards  Robot LOL

It will be a challenge for the top 3.  Only signed up people will racing and in private lounge, also i will remind everyone about the tires they should be running.  Its fairly simple, just need to make sure everyone starts on right tires then during race there is no tire choice restiction after half distance the pitstop window is open. 

Message 57 of 261 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Tuesday Night Racing series - Starting 16th oct, Sign up now!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

Rules and Procedures are final and frozen  for Season 1 ( 10 races)

Message 58 of 261 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Oct 15, 2012

iceandspice wrote:

Spa preview race  results below:

TNR_Preview.jpg

Congratz eci (1st place), pete ( 2nd), wagg (3rd)

I will have the prizes sent shortly Robot Happy

Is this a points series?  I was thinking you said it isn't.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 59 of 261 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Oct 15, 2012

eciracing wrote:

Is this a points series?  I was thinking you said it isn't.

Yeah although you get week winners and prizes, Added points in the mix as well for extra fun Robot LOL.   there will be current standing points table and current tire penatly table ( so everyon will know what tires they have to start with after 1 st race well in advance, I will remind them during the race as well )

Points As follows

1st   place = 10 points

2nd  place = 9 points

3rd   place = 8 points

4th   place = 7 points

5th   place = 6 points

6th   place = 5 points

7th   place = 4 points

8th place or below 3 points

Disconected during race 3 points

Additional points : Pole postion 1 point, Fastest lap of the race 1 point.

Prizes

win prizes every week:

1st place : GT5 Car ticket 1000
2nd place : Gold chrome paint
3rd place: Sliver chrome paint
all participants will get Racing soft tires on the next day or day after ( due to 5 Gift item per day limit in GT5)

Message 60 of 261 (190 Views)
0 Likes