Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (lNO MORE EDITS)

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

All I know someone hit me but its cool I had no chance anyway lol. there's nothing much anyone can do to get a slower car back in a race on such tracks like daytona, you'll be wasting a spot and/or time but thanks for the effort. but next time guys, I wont be using a slower car such as the one in that race lol.

may I ask what the problem me hosting is? is it lag related? or if its because the lack of voice chat, I've turned it back on just this morning when I was racing with Tim81DE this morning. I've increased the race quality to high and voice chat to low to see how it works out.

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 58 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
751 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (lNO MORE EDITS)

Jan 15, 2013

@ Andy,

You were lagging the worst on my replays, and just a little from DMC.

The pic is from race #1, lap #1, exiting turn 2, you came down the track, got 2 wheels on the apron then shot up in the air and hit the outside wall, DMC was close but didn't touch you.

@ DMC,

Top speed in clean air was 236, I did get to 250 one time with WAGG bumpdrafting.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 58 (269 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (EVENT CLOSED)

Jan 15, 2013
Hey Andy, just leave the quality of chat and driving set to default. In other words, what the system recommends you leave it at. Because if ones internet speed can't keep up with the higher quality set in game. Then problems arise like you are experiencing.
Plus, when you play is someone in the family online as well? Because if ones internet speed is average then another device sharing will bring it down.
Frustrating isn't it!?
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 58 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Jan 15, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Hey Andy, just leave the quality of chat and driving set to default. In other words, what the system recommends you leave it at. Because if ones internet speed can't keep up with the higher quality set in game. Then problems arise like you are experiencing.
Plus, when you play is someone in the family online as well? Because if ones internet speed is average then another device sharing will bring it down.
Frustrating isn't it!?

the race was set to default (standard) and voice chat was disabled in this past sunday. I know this isn't a good idea and I'm not saying I'm going to but what would happen if I set the race to the lowest or second from lowest while voice chat disabled? I'm the type that pushs the red button when they say never push the red button, so this means i'd try all sorts of things and don't give up.

to answer your question, most of the time yes there is someone online when I'm playing.

since we're on the subject about lobbies I'll be trying the open lobby for this coming sundays race, in-case I have to kick someone haha. and to see what happens. just click on my coffee cup to follow me as always.

if all else fails then dmc can host em. its just that I'd like to host em if possible, I have nothing against you dmc, it just feels like its not truely my event if I'm not hosting, silly I know lol.

I'm a non competitive kind of player. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 58 (255 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Jan 15, 2013
As for the Red Button mentality, I say go for it! It is always worth a try. Try also reading the GT manual to see if anything in there might help.
Another question, ate you connected to internet via cable or wireless? Wireless might be an issue if your router is not gaming compatible. I know, so much to find out and do to improve your quality..lol.
" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 58 (251 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2649 posts

Jan 15, 2013

No problem.  Just will help as you decide is best.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 58 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 15, 2013

That was good times last Sunday. In the first race I think it was I thought I had timed it perfectly to pass pete at the start/finish line but didn't happen. Gonna try to get some practice in this week for next Sunday's races.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 58 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
As for the Red Button mentality, I say go for it! It is always worth a try. Try also reading the GT manual to see if anything in there might help.
Another question, ate you connected to internet via cable or wireless? Wireless might be an issue if your router is not gaming compatible. I know, so much to find out and do to improve your quality..lol.

Its wired. it used to be wireless but then noticed I gained about 100kb/s of download speed by doing so, been wired since. then use my laptop for internet browsing. I'll do almost anything to improve my connection as long I'm not changing ports and settings etc. like a fool I haven't thought about looking in the GT manual lol.

the idea of me trying this race qualty set to very low and voice chat off is to like make my internet work not as hard. and also it seemed better while racing set to low from what I saw, but in the replay it showed showed a lot of lag but while I was racing it was way lower than the replay. so I want to try it even lower and see if it gets even better or about  the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 58 (233 Views)
0 Likes