Sackboy
436 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (last update:01/07/2013)

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

DaletonaDave wrote:
Well, I just cut one of my fingers at work today. Got it bandaged up pretty good. Hopefully, it's doing a little better by then. If not, I won't be racin' Sunday. Smiley Sad

I hope it gets better soon. I know what cutting your finger is like. I've cut my finger on a glass cup coaster before. plenty of bleeding, not the 911 type but it was enough I needed to get it to stop so be careful.

wagg_da_dog

don't worry if you happen don't make it this sunday because I bet there'll be more events like this latter on. but of coruse I hope you do.

My GT6 club number 1036691
the club is for my ;X2014 jr racing events I host.
we also have a facebook page, check it out by clicking here
Message 21 of 58 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I've been doing some testing and tuning at race specs in my lounge today. I tried out several production cars and so far the best time I can get without drafting is 39.546 with the McLaren 19 inch wheel car. The Corvette ZR1 is just behind it at 39.785 and feels infinitely better than any other car I've tried today. The Veyron is a no go for me because I can't stay off the walls with it lol.

How does this compare to anyone else's times if you don't mind me asking?

I'm really going to try to get home in time for this race. Gonna be fun. Peace

Message 22 of 58 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

39.296 so far (still have some tuning to do) in a SL600 ('04). This is alone on track. Nice and stable too. Is slightly over weight, but doesn't seem to matter much. Smiley Happy

And just tried the McLaren SLR ('03) on test track for a 39.260.  Again, more tuning possible.

Just working to narrow down list right now.

Message 23 of 58 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (last update:01/08/2013)

Jan 11, 2013

This race is only going to take about 10 minutes.

Want to make it a "best of" like 2 of 3 or 3 of 5?

We should plan to do more than one 10-minute race since hopefully we will have several people and fast cars set up.

Just an observation.

Message 24 of 58 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

dmcallis wrote:

This race is only going to take about 10 minutes.

Want to make it a "best of" like 2 of 3 or 3 of 5?

We should plan to do more than one 10-minute race since hopefully we will have several people and fast cars set up.

Just an observation.

I didn't notice this post was getting replies lol. do you think I should increase the number of laps in that case?

swag

to answer your question. I don't remember my best lap time for my lambo but its close to yours, I know and remember that much lol.

Message 25 of 58 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

As long as you are reasonably close to the other speeds, if you have the draft, it doesn't matter that much if you are slower.
THis kind of race usually comes down to the sprint in the last straightaway on the last lap and the rest of the race is really just setting up for it and running clean to insure you are there at the end to make that sprint. Whoever is not there has made a mistake somewhere during the race, or has been bumped out by another car sometime during the race.

For this reason, a series of shorter races would be better to one longer one, in my opinion. You get more of the sprints which decide things. Much more exciting. Again, in my opinion.  It also helps to even out the bumping which is sure to happen, accidentallly.

Message 26 of 58 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Re: Win my 2nd fastest car (lNO MORE EDITS)

Jan 12, 2013
Hey Andy, not to discourage you. But dmc has an excellent point. Think of the possibility if you were bumped out. Wouldn't it make you feel better to have that chance to make up for that shunt? Definitely better than starting a race over after a first or second lap on a one race and on a one track event.
I want to try and make this too and to be honest I am not good on these types of tracks. Not sure if it is because I can't stand these types of races or if I just stink at it period! It's probably the latter reason:-\
Willing to put myself through it because you guys are great to race with. Dang, I better get a tuning!
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 27 of 58 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:
Hey Andy, not to discourage you. But dmc has an excellent point. Think of the possibility if you were bumped out. Wouldn't it make you feel better to have that chance to make up for that shunt? Definitely better than starting a race over after a first or second lap on a one race and on a one track event.
I want to try and make this too and to be honest I am not good on these types of tracks. Not sure if it is because I can't stand these types of races or if I just stink at it period! It's probably the latter reason:-\
Willing to put myself through it because you guys are great to race with. Dang, I better get a tuning!

its 4am in the morning and just got up so I'm sorry for my brain not being completely there lol, man my timing sucks when reading these posts. so are we talking about making these races to shorter than the laps than I've set and make it a multiple race event to decrease  the chance of being booted from the server? this is pretty much what I call my home track so I'm pretty decent at it. there are tracks that I need to work on to get better at lol.

since we're on the subject of tracks, I've got next month races planned ahead of time.

Message 28 of 58 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Not a problem.

What we are saying is several races of whatever length. The ten-minute 15-lappers would be fine.
And the concern was more about contact taking someone out of a race accidentally than server disconnects. All of us who regularly race online are as clean as we can reasonably be, but accidents happen. We also as a habit give the position back if we do gain a position improperly. And are in the habit as well of following real-life racing (F1 etc anyway, Nascar may not apply...) of prohibiting "blocking" a faster car... This helps decrease the possibility of contact. Might be why most of us race Nascar so seldomly (as in only when we absolutely HAVE to.)

But then since there are several of us, maybe a "first to win x races" would be better than "Best x of y"... First person to win 3 races sound good to everyone?

Note that with tire wear and fuel use turned off, longer races usually only draw out the forgone conclusion of a race better left short.

With a series of short sprint type races, unless you use "very fast" rates, (and am NOT suggesting that be done) fuel and tires will not matter.

Looking forward to later.

Oh, and do you mind if I host tonight (using your lounge again perhaps?). Last night did seem to run better, didn't it? My connection can even usually handle mics on, which is nice for "coming up on your left" type chatter during the race.
Message 29 of 58 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I agree with that several races with 15 laps. I don't really mind a little contact here and there, like bump drafting (looking at you dave lol) but I see what you're saying. its always better to keep all contact down when possible. gotta have some accidents (crashes) to keep things fresh though out of the race, now I'm not saying to ram someone on purpose of course lol.

I'm not sure I understand that "first to win x races" and "best x of y" thing but I assume its a good thing? like I said I don't use net speak often enough to know, lol.

that is a good idea for using the mics for that reason but it just seems our internet is picky about that sorta thing. seems like its the hours I play that effects the out come for connection speeds. yeah sure I'd like that, we can first try yours first but I'd suggest to use the 601hp and 1500kg limits though, I found out that the races are much more smooth, very little contact and everyone stays together (thanks f1cheetor for that tip). if that doesn't work then I'll try either my lounge or open room.

note:I may end up using a open room so that I can kick people out if needed. I found out that you cant kick people in your lounge (of course). what do you think about this?

a bit off topic but I have one quick question, why is it that when I draft in games like nascar heat and nascar sim racing I find myself steering left and right like a drunk driver but in gt5 I stay near perfectly behind them without doing that?
Message 30 of 58 (155 Views)
0 Likes