Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2859 posts

Re: 2 Maintenance Notices Scheduled

Feb 8, 2013
Yeap, turn off the realism features (like damage, tire wear, etc) and guess what?
You get less realism.
Message 11 of 43 (397 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
882 posts

Feb 8, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

Turn damage on and they will recieve enough of a penalty to not want to "run the walls" again. 

I wish.... I wasnt host.  It really **bleep** me off(lol,really).......I worked my way thru the pack, got behind first and second and thats when I saw it.  obviously I couldnt catch them as a result but I was surprised that would even be possible!

aka smokeethetire
Message 12 of 43 (397 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3034 posts

Feb 8, 2013

the_teacher_1907 wrote:

Could be to address the issue with the 'hybrid' unrealistic HP Civics and Vettel X2010's. Civic EK making 3000 HP is ridiculous; peeling tires at 600 MPH in 6th gear.  Video proof of Civic EK 97 below;

seems legit.

LOL!

Message 13 of 43 (389 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3034 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Gar529 wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

it will be interesting to find out what updates they do make, even if just to the online experience...

on that video, what sort of mods does it take to make that happen?  Strange!

From what I understand, some guy with a PS3 dev kit modified the game code to make the cars, then put them up for share. People then borrow glitched the cars onto their own game so that they could use them online and  stuff.

Wasn't there something similar going on with GTPSP?

Message 14 of 43 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1443 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

Seeing in most of the maintenance tasks they fix or add some thing. I see from time to time folks ask about fixing our ability to delete "Museum Cars"

Along with items some of us keep hitting our item limit. We can delete items, coupons, cars but no museum cards. This must be fixed!

Right now I have 221 Citroen cards, 263  Ford cars ect..., and under those titles the number of cars range from 4 to 6 each. There's just to many sent and at what time will they stop sending them. "Never"!!!:smileymad:

Edit: That video is proof that some one hacked the PS3 and if Sony tacks action against that person, that has done this it's on them. "PSN ID Blocked" it can happon.:smileyindifferent:

As I read up on it, Sony does not like for there systems being hacked! http://www.geek.com/articles/games/sony-makes-it-clear-hack-your-ps3-lose-psn-access-permanently-201...

An if you don't want to click the link and read it. Here's just what it stats from the Playstation Blog:

Sony has today issued a very clear warning to anyone thinking about hacking their PS3 or playing pirated games on the console.

The following notice was issued via the PlayStation.Blog:

Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation 3 system have been recently released by hackers. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of the “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation Network/Qriocity and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. Violation of the System Software Licence Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws. Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 system terminated permanently.

To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems.

The notice has been issued following the fight Sony has been having to stop the hacking GeoHot and others have done to open up the PlayStation 3 console. With lawsuits ongoing, Sony clearly wanted to make sure everyone knows what will happen if they get caught playing illegal games or circumventing the PS3′s firmware and protection mechanisms.

Anyone choosing to do this is also taking a risk. Having PSN access disabled will cut off access to digital downloads initially, but could have further implications in the future depending on what Sony decides to do. If serial keys are introduced for games then a PSN connection may be required and therefore anyone without access can’t play the latest titles. The only option would be to purchase a new PS3 and create a new PSN account we believe.

Although Sony is stating what most gamers probably already knew, it seems unusual they would continue to remind people that it is possible to hack the PS3 and play pirate games. Why not stay quiet on the matter and take action when it is identified on a case by case basis?

Read more at  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/16/official-statement-regarding-ps3-circumvention-devices-and...

Photobucket
Message 15 of 43 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

White_R34 wrote:

Seeing in most of the maintenance tasks they fix or add some thing. I see from time to time folks ask about fixing our ability to delete "Museum Cars"

Along with items some of us keep hitting our item limit. We can delete items, coupons, cars but no museum cards. This must be fixed!

Museum cards don't count against your Items limit.

The 7,000 Items limit only pertains to what is located in your "Items"(briefcase) icon:

Helmets

Racing Suits

Special Outfits

Horns

Paint Chips

Gift Car Coupons

Special Coupons

Any Uninstalled Tuning Parts/Tires, etc.

With that being said, it would be nice if the limits were removed for the collectors. :smileywink:

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 16 of 43 (340 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1443 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Thanks I didn't know that or didn't read it any were. An I feel the same about the collectors idea! :smileyhappy::smileytongue:

Photobucket
Message 17 of 43 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1096 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Yes, PS3 hacked and the guy with the Civic kept jumping into rooms and messing up the races for everyone today.  Some people!!!  Not cool.:smileymad:

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 18 of 43 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

Feb 11, 2013
It was bound to happen eventually. :smileysad:

Yet another reason for me to stay out of "the wild".
Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 19 of 43 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8464 posts

Feb 12, 2013

just make rooms titled "No Civics" :smileyvery-happy:

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 20 of 43 (201 Views)