I Only Post Everything
1024 posts

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 5, 2013

jaymoss123 wrote:

Hello :smileyhappy:

I have the Logitech Driving Force GT. When I use my brake pedal, let go off it and then get on the throttle, my brakes are slightly on. Has anyone had anything like this, if so, how did you fix it?

I had this problem (very annoying), I did a few things..... I removed the springs and stretched them, I put "filler" in the hole where the potentiometer sits (hole sorta worn out)........ I installed a "stop" to the brake pedal to relieve some of the pressure on potentiometer and springs when brake is applied.

aka smokeethetire
Message 11 of 82 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

You can help yourself out a bit by bagging (simple supermarket plastic bag or garbage bag) your pedals when not in use.

Another thing is, it's quite critical, once dragging brakes starts to be a problem, to make sure you calibrate your pedals carefully the first time you drive after booting up the game. Make sure to NOT touch your pedals until you get on track (do an arcade or Practice lap before you go online until you have this technique down) then firmly press the brake fully on, then quickly (but without letting the pedal 'bounce') let off the brakes, then do the same for the accelerator.

With practice, you can get the brakes to not drag by doing this. And if you fail, and find them dragging a bit, simply disconnect the pedals from the wheel, then reconnect and go through the same routine until you get it to where they don't drag.

Of course, if PD ever gave a rats about their players, they would add a pedal 'deadzone' like every other racing game out there... but that's probably asking too much, isn't it? :smileymad:

Message 12 of 82 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
505 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Just use a dreml tool or a file or whatever  to increase clearance on the  part of the housing where the brake pedal hits it when you are off the brakes. I think the weight of your foot on the housing pushes it down a bit after much use, causing the pedal to not come back quite  far enough. At first, just cleaning accumulated dust and debris from that area might solve it temporarily. But for a permanent fix, you have to increase the clearance. It only takes a tiny difference, like a 16th of an inch or so. I have done this fix to more than one set of pedals and it works every time. I'm using a Logitech GT that I fixed this way a long, long time ago and the fix has worked ever since.

Message 13 of 82 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I bought one of the Spongy Golf Balls from a Pet Store. Stuff it in the Slot under the Break Pedal Arm.
It adds that Extra Return, and also increases the Pedal Resistance..

Message 14 of 82 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8644 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I think I'm to the point where I need to buy new pedals... I hope Logitech can replace the DFGT ones for a fee.  I've also heard that the G27 pedals work w/ it... anyone know?

Only fix I have not tried is the wire-tightening, which may be worth a try.

but generally I try a fix, it's better for a while, then it comes back.

cleaned, shaved off bits, added on bits... and then it returns.

Last night's racing w/ MasterGT made me so frustrated that I cannot deal w/ it anymore.  Think I need a fresh set...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 15 of 82 (459 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42976 posts

Jan 8, 2013

You could replace the pots, too. That would be cheaper than pedals.

Message 16 of 82 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Unfortunately, cleaning, lubricating, grinding plastic, shimming springs etc are all just temporary fixes that only last for a short while. You will never again be able to have complete confidence that you'll make it through an important race without a problem. Logitec will only replace the peddles if they are still under warranty and they will NOT sell you just a peddle set. This is my big complaint about Logitec wheels. The DFGT is a good wheel even for die hard racers but the peddles simply are NOT. I will never understand why they would risk their reputation by not making the peddle set available to be purchased new. Every Logitec wheel that I have ever purchased has eventually developed a peddle problem. After about 3 or 4 fixes I then buy a used set and start the process all over. If you are a serious racer then you should probably step up to a G27 since the peddles are superior. As for me, Logitec may have lost me as a customer due solely to their peddles. I have heard that the G27 peddles can be re-wired to function with the DFGT but why should you have to do this? Wouldn't it make more sence to be able to simply purchase a new set through Logitec? Better yet would be the option to upgrade to the superior G27 peddles, directly through Logitec, already properly wired.

Message 17 of 82 (444 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42976 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

There are other brands of replacement DF:GT pedals that can be bought, however many/most of them cost more than a G27. The Fanatec CSR, with the adapter, would be somewhere around $100US.

Message 18 of 82 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Yes, there are peddle options out there but they either require wiring or considerable cash. As it stands it makes more sence to upgrade to a better wheel that already has better peddles. The DFGT may be an entry level wheel but it is too good to just be a throw away wheel. It doesn't really warrant spending too much money or hassle to keep it alive however when the G27 is available at a reasonable price, albeit nearly double the price of the DFGT. New peddles available directly through Logitec would be a great solution and would prevent people from feeling jilted when they develop a problem with an otherwise fine product. I just really think it would help their reputation if people did not have to learn this lesson the hard way.

Message 19 of 82 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8644 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

thanks SSracing & MGT,

I need to do something, and money isn't exactly growing on trees.  I still feel like at least trying to get Logitech to send me out a replacement is an option, because I can be rather persuasive with customer service on occasion :smileywink:

otherwise $100 for some pedals might end up being okay as an investment.  that's a better alternative to paying $300+ for a new wheel & pedal set.

EDIT: Case in point, I just called the city to pay a ticket (window tint = B.S. law) and they insisted on charging me a $25 late fee because it has been 15 days since the ticket was issued.  However, I had tried to make the payment on Thursday of last week and was told that because of furlow days (means gov workers cannot work and don't get paid) that the court was behind in entering the ticket into the system.  I argued with the first lady.  All she offered was for me to talk to a magistrate, which means going to city hall and wasting time and perhaps not winnig the argument.

So I asked to talk to her supervisor, and she politely agreed to transfer me.  Once I explained everything to the manager, she was able to process my payment without the $25 fee.

BTW, I was pollite the whole time and was simply insistent that I should not be charged a fee for late data entry...

Now, on to calling Logitech :smileyvery-happy: ...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 20 of 82 (428 Views)
0 Likes