Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/22/2011
Offline
1106 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Just go on ebay.....you will be surpised at what you find. I got a brand new DFGT for $55...... and the fix that I did to my pedals lasted months....and is still working.Smiley Wink

aka smokeethetire
Message 21 of 82 (500 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/24/2010
Offline
8815 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 10, 2013

I just bought some pedals off of ebay... they say "refurbished" but that could just mean cleaning it out.

 

Hopefully if it's going to break right away it will be in 14 days so I can return it...

 

never did call logitech because ebay seemed easier

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 22 of 82 (474 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/24/2006
Offline
161 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 10, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

I just bought some pedals off of ebay... they say "refurbished" but that could just mean cleaning it out.

 

Hopefully if it's going to break right away it will be in 14 days so I can return it...

 

never did call logitech because ebay seemed easier


The last set I got off ebay said "refurbished" as well. They were NOT. You can plainly see debris inside but they do work, the question will be 'for how long'.

Message 23 of 82 (467 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/24/2010
Offline
8815 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 11, 2013

yea I wondered about that...

 

refurbished in general means "cleaned up", and the picture c ertainly looks clean.

 

however, I doubt they modded it to prevent the usual problems.

 

I will open her up when she arrives and see if there's any preventative maintenance I can do to hopefully make this one last a while...

 

otherwise it's new wheel time, and I can't afford that really.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 24 of 82 (443 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/03/2012
Offline
1712 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 14, 2013

The fact that we aren't up in arms against PD about this issue is very curious...

 

This issue is a well known fault of pedals, has been forever, will be forever. And EVERY OTHER RACING GAME fixes the problem without costing you a penny! They simply add a user defined 'dead zone' at the start of the pedal's travel, so if the pedal pot IS dragging a hair, you simply dial up the dead zone until it is gone. Problem solved, back to racing!

 

But PD? Missing in action. It's players forced to come with convoluted 'fixes' that never completely fix the issue, or horror of horrors, forced to buy an entire new wheel (Logitech should not be blamed for something that every other game has learned to deal with quickly and easily) because PD can't write a basic deadzone code into the pedal setup.

 

It is shameful.

Message 25 of 82 (424 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/22/2011
Offline
1106 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

The fact that we aren't up in arms against PD about this issue is very curious...

 

This issue is a well known fault of pedals, has been forever, will be forever. And EVERY OTHER RACING GAME fixes the problem without costing you a penny! They simply add a user defined 'dead zone' at the start of the pedal's travel, so if the pedal pot IS dragging a hair, you simply dial up the dead zone until it is gone. Problem solved, back to racing!

 

But PD? Missing in action. It's players forced to come with convoluted 'fixes' that never completely fix the issue, or horror of horrors, forced to buy an entire new wheel (Logitech should not be blamed for something that every other game has learned to deal with quickly and easily) because PD can't write a basic deadzone code into the pedal setup.

 

It is shameful.


The wheel is faulty and you wanna blame PD??  ****Removed****

 

Please remember to be polite to other PSN members.

 

Thanks

 

Mna_Grok

aka smokeethetire
Message 26 of 82 (409 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/03/2012
Offline
1712 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 15, 2013

Dude! Every other game maker turns this into a non-issue, and you wanna blame Logitech?

 

If I were you, I'd avoid mirrors altogether.

Message 27 of 82 (404 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/22/2011
Offline
1106 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 15, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

Dude! Every other game maker turns this into a non-issue, and you wanna blame Logitech?

 

If I were you, I'd avoid mirrors altogether.


There is no one to blame....its called wear and tear...it worked when it was new.....does the software change? or is it because we are stomping on those things for hours on end? cmon dude ...get real.

aka smokeethetire
Message 28 of 82 (375 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/03/2012
Offline
1712 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 16, 2013

The point (in case anyone could have possibly missed it) is that it is a well KNOWN issue. And that most other games deal with the issue by simply allowing a tiny deadzone adjustment.

 

Rather than blame Logitech for not making something that lasts forever (really? that's your assessment?!), how come you feel no blame falls at the feet of PD for not implementing the same, bone-numbingly simple fix that solves the problem for other games? Why doers PD get this free pass, but Logitech is supposed to engineer (for $125 at that) something that defies the laws of physics and economics, and never wears out? Do you honestly expect this from all your electronics?

 

The solution is SOFTWARE (and easy to program software, at that), not expecting Logitech to engineer the impossible.

Message 29 of 82 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Online
44356 posts
 

Re: Driving Force GT pedal problem

Jan 16, 2013

I always thought of a deadzone setting as a software "player comfort" adjustment, not a hardware fix.

 

It may have ended up being used by some as a hardware fix, but that isn't its raison d'être.

Message 30 of 82 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes