Re: Dumb new site design killed this board

Dec 25, 2010

Site is dead now...

Message 51 of 84 (60 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Dec 25, 2010

I agree. Now it's a pain in the butt to find anything on here. I liked it better when it was more user friendly....everything was pretty much laid out on the front page by topic. For example, when I clicked on the "games" link, I got a lst of games that I could post about. This is the first time I posted on this forum when it chaged over because it takes for freakin' ever to find anything. Epic fail.

Message 52 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 25, 2010

This redesign is absolutely atrocious. Sometimes simple is better, "less is more". What we have here seems to be change for the sake of change, with reckless disregard as to the actual useability of the forum. All I know is I hadnt been here in awhile, I come back to this utter mess of a forum board, try to search for something and it's showing me results from the Ico forum? WTF is that? There was nothing wrong with this place before the redesign. Now it's verging on completely unusable. Makes me wonder if some web dood at SCEA was just trying to keep himself busy so as to justify his job?

Message 53 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Navigating this Site is easy like Sunday morning, I really don't know wtf some of you people are complaining about.

It took me literally seconds to find the GT Forum Section AND change my Sig.........don't be so scared of change people learn to adapt.It's called the Evolution of the Human Race

CHEERS!

Happy Holidays, Stay Safe & Drive Carefully!

Message 54 of 84 (60 Views)
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Dec 25, 2010

NitroHeadz wrote:

Navigating this Site is easy like Sunday morning, I really don't know *** some of you people are complaining about.

It took me literally seconds to find the GT Forum Section AND change my Sig.........don't be so scared of change people learn to adapt.It's called the Evolution of the Human Race

CHEERS!

Happy Holidays, Stay Safe & Drive Carefully!

Is it easier than before? dont lie

Message 55 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 25, 2010

They must have hired Polyphony to do redo the forums. :-)

Message 56 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Dec 25, 2010

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

Disagree!!

The site is a new design, and it will just take a bit of tweaking to get things dialed in. Why don't all you guys give the place a chance before condemning it . What it really desperately needs is some positive attitudes around here( for a change). The people here will make all the difference in the world, if some energy is focused towards the positive side. BTW, Merry Christmas. This is the Season of Perpetual Hope. Try to act like it, if you can.

Exactly.  It's a definite upgrade once they get things tuned in.  I'm  not entirely happy with the way some things are set up now, but they'll  get it fixed up and it will be better than before.  There are also a lot  of customizable options that make it easier to find your way around.   If they can't find their way around after putting their favorite spaces  right at the top of the screen, they shouldn't even be on any forum.   They should instead be learning fundamental cognitive development in their preschools.

Message 57 of 84 (60 Views)
Gaming Beast
2456 posts

Dec 25, 2010

One of the biggest problems is no auto redirect of the the old http. I had to change the link myself and not everyone knows how.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 58 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 25, 2010

wow I haven't been by for a few days and when I got here (WTF) happened? the only positive  first impressions is, that I can now post messages on my iPad a little easier. that is if I can find any of the forms I used to browse. first impressions are. too much effort too find my way around. I think ill find a new place to dwell where forums Nazis and Sony don't censor posts and treat the community like children by restructuring the site that the that the community built with out their input. any other good ps3 forms out there?    cheers TeeAre

Message 59 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Dec 25, 2010

This is for everyone having trouble with forum navigation. I created a Forum View Widget for my Home Page that allows me to navigate the community site almost the same as the old forums. There is a link in my Sig that points to a tutorial i've made showing how i did it. No need to code anything i've done the hard part, just follow a few quick steps copy and paste a chunk of text from my tutorial and save is all it takes.

How i got my Forum View Back

Here is an example of what it looks like on my Home Page but you can put it anywhere so it looks the way you want. (Click image for full image, you wont leave the page.)

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/WoolySpud/pscomhomepage.jpg

Message 60 of 84 (60 Views)
0 Likes