That was a no brainer comparison.   

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Re: GT5 Vs NFS...

Feb 11, 2011

Not so much honestly, I've gotten satisfaction out of golding the challenges but to say it is fun, would be a stretch for me. for example look at these boards, 95% of the posts are from or about ways to beat challenges from people that are tweaking because they can't do something, and typically no place does anyone mention that the game is fun.

Is there an event you enjoyed enough to go back to it repeatedly because it was fun to drive, or have you just moved on to the next challenge because it is a chore, I fall into the second catagory.

I like GT5, I just don't see it as "fun" and it won't be a game I go back to for enjoyment once I am done with it, NFS on the other hand, I would.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 50 (28 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Feb 11, 2011

Me too , I've been through NFS Shift three times and bought the Exotic Pack . Each of these two games have unique things that make them both great , I like the driving physics of GT5 , but the feeling of speed in Shift way better. In my opinion the graphics are comparable , but every car in Shift has a dash view which is nice . The crash sounds in shift are way better than the whop sound in GT5 . For sure I feel the driving physics in GT5 is closer to reality , which at first was extremly frustrating mainly because I am new to the GT series . Like I said in my opinion each of these games , Shift and GT5 have their own great qualities , now if they could mash them together they would have a heck of a cool game .

The game progression in GT5 is way too slow for my tatse it takes forever for some of us older guys to get anywhere , I simply do not play video games at every waking moment of the day . I'm at a point in the game now where I am pretty much forced to re race some races to earn enough credits to buy a 4 million credit car , I only have 3.5 million and have sold off almost everything I can , so I'm stuck .

Racing from Oakville , Ont Canada

GoFastOrGoHome
Ramjet Express
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 50 (28 Views)
Record Breaker
4351 posts

Feb 11, 2011

S4AndyS4 wrote:

Not so much honestly, I've gotten satisfaction out of golding the challenges but to say it is fun, would be a stretch for me. for example look at these boards, 95% of the posts are from or about ways to beat challenges from people that are tweaking because they can't do something, and typically no place does anyone mention that the game is fun.

Is there an event you enjoyed enough to go back to it repeatedly because it was fun to drive, or have you just moved on to the next challenge because it is a chore, I fall into the second catagory.

I like GT5, I just don't see it as "fun" and it won't be a game I go back to for enjoyment once I am done with it, NFS on the other hand, I would.

You know what they say, "Different strokes for different folks."

While I will agree that GT5 is not perfect (show me a game that is),  I can say that it's fun for me. Now we can agree that there is at least one place in these threads that someone has said that it's fun. I do a lot of the races over again because they're fun. I can play around with the HP, etc, and make it as challenging as I want to.

But hey, whatever floats you boat.

I would also like to add that I like pretty much the entire NFS series too. I've had or still have every one in the series on one console or another, including my first ever experience with NFS on the Sega Saturn. They're good in their own way. But NFS was never meant to be in the same category (arcade vs. sim) as GT, and I doubt it ever will be.

Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Feb 11, 2011

S4AndyS4 wrote:

Shift wasn't too bad at first, but the rev limiter kept kicking in well before the redline in all of the cars I drove; it's possible that the cockpit view tachometers were wonky. I shelved it after that. I might try it again and see if there's an update.

For GT5, I didn't really bother with the challenges and events. As with GT5: Prologue and GT4, I spent most of my time in time trial driving the various cars that I wanted to drive. My A-Spec level is 22, and a big chunk of that came from the seasonal events.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8343 posts

Feb 11, 2011

ramjetexpress wrote:

it beats spending " Quality Time " with the wife ...

man I hope she does not know how to access this forum .

Racing from Oakville , Ont Canada

GoFastOrGoHome
Ramjet Express

LOL...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 11, 2011

I take back what i said about GT5 i didnt know it was a Simulator lol

At first i thought it was a track racing Rip Off from part 1 till now but now i want to play a bit

its the will of the gamer to not Knock till ya try

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2380 posts

Feb 11, 2011

royalkoala wrote:

GT5 is for the real racer, NFS is for little kiddies who think "30000 HP" is realistic and can't drive.

My garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10541 Want to trade?

Wait so your saying a 25 Yo is a little "Kiddy" because they did not enjoy GT5 gameplay experience ? GT5 bored the living hell out of me . In the end its a "video game" and you will enjoy what entertains you the most !!To dislike has nothing to do with maturity ...

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 50 (28 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 11, 2011

IIDefEcTedII wrote:

royalkoala wrote:

GT5 is for the real racer, NFS is for little kiddies who think "30000 HP" is realistic and can't drive.

My garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10541 Want to trade?

Wait so your saying a 25 Yo is a little "Kiddy" because they did not enjoy GT5 gameplay experience ? GT5 bored the living hell out of me . In the end its a "video game" and you will enjoy what entertains you the most !!To dislike has nothing to do with maturity ...

Some times a boy must do the things he hates (GT5) to become a man

get it (Jokes lol)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1713 posts

Feb 11, 2011

i don't have the new nfs but in the earlier title i thought they were good unitl  i got gt5.

i agree it really is an apples and oranges comparison.

nfs is a decent game in it's own right but to compare the two is not right.

Still racing and ventilating the enemy from Edmonton, Alberta.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 50 (28 Views)
0 Likes