Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Re: GT5 Vs NFS...

Feb 11, 2011

My first racing game was either NFS High Stakes or GT1

but i do enjoy both games, NFS reminds me of GT on cocaine lol

but i say both are good game, i enjoy the sim. part of GT, then just going nuts on NFS

Its thanks to gran turismo that i learned to drive before i got my license at 16 lol

who says video games don't teach you anything useful?

http://www.mygranturismo.net/11517 Here's my garage, one day i will own all the cars!
Message 41 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Feb 11, 2011

Can't compare the 2 games since they deal with totally different things but NFS HP is more fun & has kept GT5 on the shelf alot.

Message 42 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Feb 12, 2011

Probably a good thing you did not use Grand Theft Auto to teach you to drive eh' LOL

Racing from Oakville , Ont Canada

GoFastOrGoHome
Ramjet Express
Message 43 of 50 (82 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 12, 2011

lmao! if i had learned to drive from GTA i'd be killing hookers and taking their money, runing over everyone, doing driveby's and listening to a flock of seagulls "I Ran"

http://www.mygranturismo.net/11517 Here's my garage, one day i will own all the cars!
Message 44 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Feb 12, 2011

S4AndyS4 wrote:

Not so much honestly, I've gotten satisfaction out of golding the challenges but to say it is fun, would be a stretch for me. for example look at these boards, 95% of the posts are from or about ways to beat challenges from people that are tweaking because they can't do something, and typically no place does anyone mention that the game is fun.

Is there an event you enjoyed enough to go back to it repeatedly because it was fun to drive, or have you just moved on to the next challenge because it is a chore, I fall into the second catagory.

I like GT5, I just don't see it as "fun" and it won't be a game I go back to for enjoyment once I am done with it, NFS on the other hand, I would.

I think it is way fun. I almost didn't buy it, honestly. I didn't want to go through all the licenses again just to race the better cars. Start off with some junker and work my way up again. I find the harder challenges to be fun and didn't want to slog through the early challenges. But I'm glad I got it. Was only a couple hours and I had some great cars.

I like doing the challenges over again. I get cars that are close in HP and weight to the competition and try to win. I don't mod the cars except for some tires maybe.

Like the seasonal FR event. Get the Silvia Spec-R Aero. Put on SportSmiley Frustratedoft (no other mods) and try and win it. It's hard and fun. I kept getting second. Then you can race modify it later. I like the Gallardo Challenge. I won with SportSmiley Frustratedoft and no mods. Coached my B-Spec dude in the same way.

Or this is fun. Take a Mustang GT and super mod the engine with as much HP as possible. Don't do any weight reductions. Get the sport adjustable suspension and increase the ride height in the rear. Turn off traction control and ABS OFF (I don't have the others on ever). Then take on the Muscle car challenge.

I think your fun level will depend on how much you like cars. I can waste hours on the practice track trying to tweak cars perfectly because I don't like the way the generic aero kits look for the most part. To me, it's fun. I have the 09 GTR fully modded with no Aeros driving perfectly, but on the verge of death on every corner. It's great.

Message 45 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Feb 12, 2011

For producing an individual feel in different cars GT5 is the best by far. The physics, if you are using a wheel, is far better in GT5. But NFS Shift is a lot of fun even if a Lotus 111R feels a lot the same as a Mitsubishi Lancer. Neither are real sims.I will probably get NFS Shift 2 because Shift was a lot of fun.

Message 46 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Feb 14, 2011

If you do a lot of racing on race tires the "feel" of the cars arent much different, crank the steering floor the gas away you go.

Message 47 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3212 posts

Feb 14, 2011

GT series v NFS series - you should not compare them as they are very different games. One proposes to be a driving simulator, whereas NFS is arcade fun.

More specifically on their latest versions, IMO; GT5 < GT4 and NFSHP < NFS HP2 .. ie their PS2 versions were better games.

GT5 fails on so many levels, the brilliant stuff is buried deep in a very poor gameplay experience. Criterion made a good effort to return NFS to its HP routes but it just does not quite get there. Both games are enjoyable but neither has great long term replay value, unlike GT4, NFS HP and as mentioned earlier though off topic, Burnout Paradise.

'I can't see a thing in the video, I can't hear a sound on the radio, in stereo in the static age'
Message 48 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jul 17, 2011

If you like both NFS and GT5 and want them to handle the same all you have to do is run race soft tires, then you get all the arcade physics you can handle with the amazing car and track selection GT5 has to offer. If you play GT5 with racing tires dont fool yourself you are playing an arcade racing game.

Message 49 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jul 17, 2011

I have to agree with this, i ran racing softs for everything, until i did the Laguna Seca 200 endurance race yesterday, tested all the tires I had with that car, even the intermediate racing tires, and i liked the feel of the sports/intermediates better than the racing softs

Add me on PSN Smiley Very Happy
GT5 all the way!
Message 50 of 50 (82 Views)
0 Likes